2022 Schedule Thread

Ah according to the MLS 2022 wiki, only two from each conference that aren't in CL will be in leagues cup. So that's Philly and Nashville. Which I guess means if Philly or Nashville win MLS cup we would get that berth? Or would it go by points? Meh. No qualification stuff I can find anywhere lol
I think it's the standard Eastern Conference table (not the Supporters' Shield tab). So yes, if Philly or Nashville win MLS Cup, the winner would qualify for CCL and NYCFC would get the Leagues Cup bid.

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
It would be right on brand for this team to go a crazy run and have results fall their way to get to host MLS Cup and have Yankee Stadium unavailable

Reactions: Kjbert
They wouldn't be able to turn the field around in <24 hours for a football game.
ohhhhhhh, this is 2022, I thought this was one week after this year's mls cup. I need to read better! But either way, Gotham said it's one week after MLS cup, so it wouldn't matter...

ohhhhhhh, this is 2022, I thought this was one week after this year's mls cup. I need to read better! But either way, Gotham said it's one week after MLS cup, so it wouldn't matter...
My bad. You're right. Never mind!

I went to school near one of those two schools and people are nutso about the Cortaca Jug.

• Wow
Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
I always thought Cornell and Ithaca were the rivals in Cortaca, not Cortland. Am I missing something?

Edit: looked into it and I was wrong. But still seems like Cornell being in Ithaca would create some rivalry there

I always thought Cornell and Ithaca were the rivals in Cortaca, not Cortland. Am I missing something?

Edit: looked into it and I was wrong. But still seems like Cornell being in Ithaca would create some rivalry there

Ithaca is D-3 so that's probably the reason there isn't a big rivalry there.

Sunday, February 27 5 PM ET at LA Galaxy (Season Opener)
Saturday, March 5 6 PM ET at Vancouver
Saturday, March 12 2 PM ET vs. Montreal (Home Opener)

interesting. Starting off in the west coast for the first time ever i think. I assume they will go from LA to Vancouver and not travel back to NY during that week.

Oh man. I've got some buddies coming in that weekend in March for the Big East tournament and this would be a great start to that Saturday.

Reactions: twsj91

So half of the West Conference Away games are done before any other games, and as Fantazma Fantazma noted they probably just stay out there to minimize travel. Wouldn't be surprised if they finish the preseason in Arizona or Cali either. All in all not bad. I remember there was a period when the Yankees started several seasons in a row with west coast swings. It was always annoying to have the first week of the season have games that started after 10pm, but it was good to get them out of the way, and good for the team to limit the big plane trips in the deep, busy part of the season.

OTOH, I have an airline credit I need to use (not just book but use) by the end of March, and was hoping for a suitable Away game to use it on. I don't much want to fly to the West coast just for that. I hope something else tempting slides in before March ends.

Oh man. I've got some buddies coming in that weekend in March for the Big East tournament and this would be a great start to that Saturday.

Forum meet up outside the Garden?

giphy.gif

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Wouldn't exactly call SKC "coastal" ;)
ah yes totally forgot that one. I guess its first time though its kinda of a road trip on west coast to start season.

Heh. I didn't see you said Coastal, I saw "western conference" derp. My bad!

I might go to the LAG game, would be fun and a good excuse to take a few days in LA

Reactions: Schwallacus

I’m just happy the LAG and VAN games aren’t 10:30pm start times. I’m not looking forward to it tomorrow for Seattle v. RSL.