2022 Season Ticket Thread

What's really the benefit?
I 100% expect this to be a bad financial transaction. For me it is purely like a time share. It forces me (really my wife) to go to games where we have a ton of fun but would generally choose the lazy/cheap option of watching from home if we didn't already have the sunk cost.

I 100% expect this to be a bad financial transaction. For me it is purely like a time share. It forces me (really my wife) to go to games where we have a ton of fun but would generally choose the lazy/cheap option of watching from home if we didn't already have the sunk cost.
Aaaaaand. After trying for 7 years the seats in front of mine finally opened up. Never bothered me to be in row 2. But in a section that usually stands, my 5'0" wife has always pined for the front row. So the STH saga continues for me.

Here is another datapoint. Preview shows seats available at the same pricing tier as a season ticket holder's current plan or higher -- someone in the general admission/supporters section should be able to see all the seats.

Screen grabs of sections behind the plate and up the third base line. Not good.
View attachment 11443View attachment 11444View attachment 11445View attachment 11446View attachment 11447View attachment 11448View attachment 11449

How many of those sections will be tarped off next season? With the poor sightlines from behind home plate, the lack of interest there makes sense. But I was surprised by the vast green in sections like 223 and 229 -- both one section removed from price breaks.
I'm not sure anyone has ever sat in those 200-level seats behind the plate. But yeah, this isn't good.

I'm not sure anyone has ever sat in those 200-level seats behind the plate. But yeah, this isn't good.
Those seats belong to the Delta Club. I’ve done the upgrade a couple of times with my points (in the winter) and while you can sit inside in either heat or A/C, depending, you also get a ticket for one of those seats.

Reactions: Kjbert
Honestly, mail it to the fans. The next Yankee Stadium game is July 25th. USPS will (hopefully) be able to deliver before then.
Here is another datapoint. Preview shows seats available at the same pricing tier as a season ticket holder's current plan or higher -- someone in the general admission/supporters section should be able to see all the seats.

Screen grabs of sections behind the plate and up the third base line. Not good.
View attachment 11443View attachment 11444View attachment 11445View attachment 11446View attachment 11447View attachment 11448View attachment 11449

How many of those sections will be tarped off next season? With the poor sightlines from behind home plate, the lack of interest there makes sense. But I was surprised by the vast green in sections like 223 and 229 -- both one section removed from price breaks.
I’m in 126. Are you saying all the green seats are available? Not quite sure about that

Looks like my wife and I have the entire row to ourselves right now.

Getting harder to stay interested with the shitty atmosphere, lack of stadium, etc. Honestly almost gave up the founding member tickets this year, but had a ton of rollover $ from covid fallout.
BDECF57E-DBF7-42B5-8CBD-1BA33A500D92.jpeg

Reactions: Schwallacus
Since we've already opted in for 2022 I think, unless something changes drastically, I'll be opting out/canceling for 2023. Without knowing where games are regularly, getting bumped because of yankee games, and easily being able to get 2nd hand tickets cheaper than face value, I'm not sure I want to lock myself into a STH package that doesn't offer much.

Since we've already opted in for 2022 I think, unless something changes drastically, I'll be opting out/canceling for 2023. Without knowing where games are regularly, getting bumped because of yankee games, and easily being able to get 2nd hand tickets cheaper than face value, I'm not sure I want to lock myself into a STH package that doesn't offer much.
DO YOU HEAR THAT, INTERN!?!

Reactions: Vallos
Cancelled my 2022 season tickets today. 6-0 result did not sway me back thankfully. I am not sure what money I gave up exactly because the season ticket package has gotten so damn convoluted, I had something like $700 in banked money but they wanted me to keep paying some damn installments for 2022 season and I'm like what the hell just take the money from my banked credits. But no they want me to keep paying into the system so that i get tied deeper and deeper. They've had my money since 2019 and they have the balls to ask me for fresh capital, fuck that.

First thing they always say when you want to quit is if you leave now you will lose your founder status. Oh well, i guess ill lose my 20% discount and will have to buy tickets a la carte from TM at 50% discount (not that i plan on coming back but if i was that's what i would do). Oh you'll lose what you paid so far, well fine I'll give that up and save myself a season of payments and be ahead in less then a year. Not like Founder status really matters, im sure they'd give it back if they thought it would get me to come back. Its a meaningless distinction to make you feel like your losing something of value, but its really not anything meaningful.

Oh you'll lose your spot in line to pick seats at the future stadium. Ok sure, like I haven't heard that BS for 6 years now. They can announce the stadium tomorrow and make me feel like a chump but I think the better chance is they dangle some news around May then lock you in for 2023 in june then go quiet again, and they'll do this over and over for another 5 years. Yes I know NYC is incredibly hard to build in, but the reality is we are owned by a King of a sovereign nation, if they wanted to build today they could do it. But instead they can get away with lying to the fan base for 5 years and they could probably do it for another 5. They don't care about NYC or the local people here. The club is just a plaything in a portfolio of playthings. How often does the owner come to the matches? How invested emotionally is he really? They doubled their initial franchise investment. They've likely made 200mm+ even if they operate in the red for a few seasons (but i think its been positive every year). They try and sucker you in with emotions but they have none themselves. Sure the ground level employees might care, but the leadership doesn't (not beyond the NYC prestige & the money at least). This is the type of owner who would probably move the franchise the minute it was profitable to do so but thankfully NYC itself is a prime location. However its also the kind of owner who would let things linger as long as he makes a profit and thats what they've been doing. Just letting it linger and jerking along the fan base.

Well I'm done. I cut ties today. Yes i'll lose a bit of money but i'll be free from the guilt trip of holding my status. I can still watch the games if i feel up to it, but I won't give them money directly anymore. Not until the ownership group changes. Its highly unlikely but if Villa's team could organically grow into a powerhouse that would take over the NY scene that would make me so damn happy.

I think I'm losing my mind -- didn't they say the bonus credits would roll over to next year?

They took them away at the end of the regular season and now telling me they were "regular season only".

No reminder, say, before the last game, to use them. They just disappeared.

I must be remembering this wrong, right?

I think I'm losing my mind -- didn't they say the bonus credits would roll over to next year?

They took them away at the end of the regular season and now telling me they were "regular season only".

No reminder, say, before the last game, to use them. They just disappeared.

I must be remembering this wrong, right?

When and who told you they were "regular season only"?

Bonus credits do roll over into 2022. They do NOT effect your city member cost though.

Reactions: Higgs1 and Kjbert
When and who told you they were "regular season only"?

Bonus credits do roll over into 2022. They do NOT effect your city member cost though.
There were two credits listed on my account: Ticket Bank and Bonus Credits.

The Ticket Bank is still there, but the bonus credits are gone. My rep said they were for regular season 2021 only when he replied to my email passing on the $800 upgrade offer for pitchside tickets.

The Ticket Bank is still there, but the bonus credits are gone. My rep said they were for regular season 2021 only when he replied to my email passing on the $800 upgrade offer for pitchside tickets.

I have an email from my rep saying the bonus credits could be used this season or next but haven't found anything official.

Maybe your rep meant the bonus credits cannot be used for the 2021 playoff games, which is what the playoff game email states. As far as I am aware, the bonus credits will roll over into 2022 and will be usable in 2022 for regular season tickets and/or upgrades. Considering the split between RBA/YS and RBA games being optional, it would be pretty messed up of them to take back our bonus credits when most everyone still has some sort of balance in their ticket bank. I'm fairly confident bonus credits will roll over. I'm going to shoot off an email to my rep to make sure. He tends to reply within 24 hours or less. I'll update here accordingly.

But like joe joe above, my rep said the said thing last I talked to him about it. I know there is a post of mine in this thread or the 2021 season ticket thread regarding the bonus tokens and how they're treated.

UPDATE: confirmed bonus tokens will roll over into 2022. my rep is manager level so i would hope he is correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and Joe_Cos
Maybe your rep meant the bonus credits cannot be used for the 2021 playoff games, which is what the playoff game email states. As far as I am aware, the bonus credits will roll over into 2022 and will be usable in 2022 for regular season tickets and/or upgrades. Considering the split between RBA/YS and RBA games being optional, it would be pretty messed up of them to take back our bonus credits when most everyone still has some sort of balance in their ticket bank. I'm fairly confident bonus credits will roll over. I'm going to shoot off an email to my rep to make sure. He tends to reply within 24 hours or less. I'll update here accordingly.

But like joe joe above, my rep said the said thing last I talked to him about it. I know there is a post of mine in this thread or the 2021 season ticket thread regarding the bonus tokens and how they're treated.

UPDATE: confirmed bonus tokens will roll over into 2022. my rep is manager level so i would hope he is correct.
Bonus tokens will roll into 2022 for paying remaining 2022 season tickets membership price or will roll into 2022 bonus tokens for upgrades?

Bonus tokens will roll into 2022 for paying remaining 2022 season tickets membership price or will roll into 2022 bonus tokens for upgrades?

for extra seats and/or upgrades. it will not offset any remaining membership price owed after rolling over the remaining ticket bank. so, if you had 100 bonus tokens at the end of 2021 you will still have 100 bonus tokens to use in 2022 toward extra seats and/or upgrades.

Not sure where else to ask this. Has anyone purchased either a luxury box upstairs OR one of the boxes at field level at the top of the sections?

What did you pay? Thanks

Not sure where else to ask this. Has anyone purchased either a luxury box upstairs OR one of the boxes at field level at the top of the sections?

What did you pay? Thanks
Just be aware that the true luxury boxes are on their own level with no food access other than extraordinarily expensive catering that had minimum order sizes of 16 for everything.