2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My reading as well. The real issue is whether the Duke’s talent assessment skills are superior to his writing abilities.
Also, in our case, if we had a capable striker, both Magno and Gaby as wingers and Parks as 8 create a lot of intricate chances. You can always use a Pozuelo or Carles Gil, but if Parks stays healthy and Magno plays winger I don't think we need a ball-centric 10 to be effective.

i've heard of making predictions with your gut, but inside sauces is new!
He was just phonetically approximating the deep NY accent pronunciation of sources.
"You wanna know my sauces? Dayah very inside, very secret sauces. I can't tell you who dey are and I'm busy walkin heyah anyway."

Are you sauces inside the fridge or just the cabinet? Because if they're inside the fridge, it's a cold take.
Joke Drummer GIF by Travis

I'm trying to understand why Rangers might send Sands back to us. They don't get a transfer fee. His wages are less than $500k, and pro rated remaining maybe $225k so they don't save much. I don't think the SP has a cap. Are they just being nice? Is it just that having someone who knows he has no future there is a distraction even if he's a model citizen?

LAFC just sold their top goal scorer, Arango.

Didn’t know you could sell guys!

LAFC just sold their top goal scorer, Arango.

Didn’t know you could sell guys!

to pachuca for 5M. while i dont think taty was worth the 15-20 they were asking but i dont think people will be happy he was sold for "only" 5M.

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand why Rangers might send Sands back to us. They don't get a transfer fee. His wages are less than $500k, and pro rated remaining maybe $225k so they don't save much. I don't think the SP has a cap. Are they just being nice? Is it just that having someone who knows he has no future there is a distraction even if he's a model citizen?
Pretty good analysis in the video embedded in this story. They get to Rangers right at the 10-minute mark. Sands is barely mentioned. The upshot: Beale may want to hang on to our Guy from Rye until the summer for depth.

What that means if Sands wants out to get first team playing time, I have no idea. But it certainly doesn't seem Beale is in a terrible rush to move him.

Reactions: FootyLovin and adam
to pachuca for 5M. while i dont think taty was worth the 15-20 they were asking but i dont think people will be happy he was sold for "only" 5M.

Can’t LAFC now reinvest that money?

Does David Lee know about this?

Reactions: adam
When does Taty’s loan end?

1 year loan so sometime this summer probably and all signs are pointing to girona taking the option to purchase. hopefully the numbers are already agreed upon and they just need to trigger it. i don't recall the details of the loan

Reactions: Kjbert