2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It has always sounded like "Collins" to me when Tollesson says it.
Right at the beginning here. I hear "Collins."

AFAIK Tolleson made a practice to ask the players how to pronounce their names. I could not possibly find it now, but I think I remember him explaining when Callens first arrived that it's "Collins."
Yes, I recall this as well.

Yes, I recall this as well.
Me too. Couldn’t find it either. But found this gem where he has his kid n play look. Talking about having PV as his manager, and Pirlo & Villa as teammates. Some footage of him joking with Tmac. The feels. He ends with “God willing I can bring a championship to NYC”. God willed my boy, now God speed on your next adventure.

AFAIK Tolleson made a practice to ask the players how to pronounce their names. I could not possibly find it now, but I think I remember him explaining when Callens first arrived that it's "Collins."
I remember that as well, maybe on Blue City Radio?

Now that you mention that, I do remember that too. Strange because I'm pretty certain I've heard the Spanish speaking players say Callens.

I wonder if Callens did what I do, which is give an alternate pronunciation of his name that won't confuse people. (everyone pronounced my real name wrong, so I give and introduce my name in a way Americans can say it easily)

Reactions: mgarbowski
Did he mean ”wonderkind”

Jersey Isaac GIF by Apple TV+
Jason Sudeikis Finger Guns GIF by Apple TV+

I remember that too. Tolleson said in a broadcast that he had checked with Callens about it. Pretty sure he wanted to ward off a backlash of people telling him he was pronouncing it wrong. 😂

Watching the Club World Cup, it would have been interesting to see to see how this team would have looked if NYCFC qualified. Would have Callens, Taty, and Sean Johnson stayed or would they have still left.

Reactions: Kjbert and Sabo
Watching the Club World Cup, it would have been interesting to see to see how this team would have looked if NYCFC qualified. Would have Callens, Taty, and Sean Johnson stayed or would they have still left.
they would have left.

they wouldn't stay just for a single tournament during preseason.

also HEBER making an extra time appearance as seattle goes down 1.

Braian continuing the Vieira too many vowels model, and the NYCFC tradition of names that will be misspelt regularly.
Hell, the forums have >10 pages of search results for both KRIES and KREIS, and he was only here one year. Plus there is 7 pages for Ronnie (Ronny is preferred). I was very much among the Ronnie-prone.

Let me be the first to say, "Welcome Brian."
The Apple TV club intro video subtitles has our first year coach as “Jason Christ”.