2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My bromance with Pozuelo is over. He signed on with Konyaspor in the Turkish SuperLig.

Oh well, hopefully something will get worked out with Santi.

Reactions: Kjbert
Another example of why MLS is substandard. As long as you make the playoffs, you can be crap the first half of the season. Then hope you wing 4 games in October.

This is our team until July.

Reactions: Gene
I really don't get where everyone is getting this random notion of pozuelo and santi from. They both CLEARLY aren't here, and won't be here... yet apparently there's this fixation on them...
And your point being?

A primo player who fits a desperate need like Pozuelo is a FA and we're not supposed opine on whether or not he'd be a fit?

Santi makes a reference (admittedly somewhat obscure) there's a chance he could return and were not supposed to notice?

And your point being?

A primo player who fits a desperate need like Pozuelo is a FA and we're not supposed opine on whether or not he'd be a fit?

Santi makes a reference (admittedly somewhat obscure) there's a chance he could return and were not supposed to notice?
People start to get in their heads as if these players are coming to the club, and then when they don't they complain as if they know it was a legit possibility. We don't run the team, we don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

I've seen it also happen SO often on the Europe front when fans of teams in England talk about Dortmund players (a la Sancho, Bellingham, haaland) as if they're already on their team, and it's just strange and annoying.

I don't have a problem with speculation, don't get me wrong, I think pozuelo could have been great here... I just don't understand how once it's clear there's no pursuit, and Santi made a slight hint but he's clearly playing for Bahia and you have to assume that's no more, there's still comments of it being a possibility.

Just confused, I guess?

Reactions: Gene
Season starts in 18 days.

Any signings we make now probably miss the first two matches of the season at minimum. This roster is considerably worse than it was at the end of the season, our most creative returning player somehow doesn’t have a visa and we haven’t replaced our best defender, our best creator or our only CF.

Just wtf

Any signings we make now probably miss the first two matches of the season at minimum. This roster is considerably worse than it was at the end of the season, our most creative returning player somehow doesn’t have a visa and we haven’t replaced our best defender, our best creator or our only CF.

Just wtf

yea the gabby visa situation is very strange. but sometimes these things happen. already miss seeing him work his magic on the wing.

Just wtf
I usually think you doth protest too much, but yeah, this is bullshit.