2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Now I just wanna see a video of david lee pacing back and forth
Or just sitting at his desk staring at the phone. Every few minutes he buzzes his assistant: Did Sean call? No. What about Alex? No. David taps his fingers. Gets up and walks to reception. Did Sean come by? No. Turns back then suddenly stops, half turns, and asks “And Alex?” No. The receptionist sheds a single tear because she knows how much this means to David.

Last edited:
Or just sitting at his desk staring at the phone. Every few minutes he buzzes his assistant: Did Sean call? No. What about Alex? No. David taps his fingers. Gets up and walks to reception. Did Sean come by? No. Turns back then sudden stops half turns, and asks “And Alex?” No. The receptionist sheds a single tear because she knows how much this means to David.
I think we just wrote Ted Lasso season 3 for them

i guess the brazilian quadruple becomes a triple. guess this means we have a true #9 coming? or the club is adamant about making magno that guy...

Reactions: JCMore and Kjbert
In Orangeburg NY. David Lee you have Don Garber on line 1. He is saying he can’t have the NY and NJ teams rebuilding and NYCFC killing momentum from the stadium news. At the same time in NYC. Brad Sims you have Apple TV on line 1. They would like to discuss this rebuild they would have liked to known about before offering the 10 year deal.

I think we're all more sad about this because of the kind of person Heber is. One of the best pure people in that locker room, and it hurts to see such a fan favorite leave. That said, if we're being honest he was not the same player after the ACL injury, and this is probably the right move for that reason. He was on a salary that demanded more production than we got in 2022, and the way the team played didn't really mesh with his skillset anymore.

As for all the outgoing players -- we are clearly breaking up the 2021 championship team. This break-up was coming soon; a lot of these guys were getting up there in age (Heber, Maxi, Johnson, Callens, Chanot, etc), so these players were going to be leaving one way or another over the next few years anyway. From a pure roster management scenario, it's probably better to drop players a year too early than a year too late. Dropping players a year too early means you can find new players. Dropping players too late means we probably miss the playoffs.

I am going to assume we are preparing a lot of new signings -- and big ones - to replace these players. There is no point in rebuilding and missing the playoffs in this league. Unlike in other American sports, there's no point in finishing last. This is going to be a fast retool on the fly. Very interested to see what David Lee and company have up their sleeve, because you have to think we are making some major signings this winter. Training camp begins in two weeks and our first preseason game is on Jan. 18, so the clock is ticking.