2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
New guy. Sounds like a depth piece.

I think so, too. It's going to be one heck of busy season. We'll need to rotate quite a bit.

Reactions: Kjbert
replacing the Vuk slot? or what an Ibeagha replacement should of been?

i also dont like that we getting someone that even DC United didnt want. considering they were trash last year.

Pellegrini return official.

It's very MLS to claim your own player off waivers. I also wonder whether claiming the same player off waivers two time in 4 months and 2 days is a new MLS record.

NYCFC 2023 DEPTH CHART

Striker: Heber
Wing/Striker: Talles Magno
Wing: Thaigo, Jasson, Pereira, Pellegrini, Jimenez
Wing/CAM: Moralez, Rodriguez, Carrizo
CM: Parks, Morales, Haak
RB: Gray
LB: O'Toole, Amundsen, Gloster, McFarlane, Turnbull
CB: Chanot, Callens, Martins, Alfaro, Owusu, Benalcazar
GK: Johnson, Barraza, Mizell

Italics - means status uncertain due to loan expiry, free agent status or rumors of departure.

NYCFC 2023 DEPTH CHART

Striker: Heber
Wing/Striker: Talles Magno
Wing: Thaigo, Jasson, Pereira, Pellegrini, Jimenez
Wing/CAM: Moralez, Rodriguez, Carrizo
CM: Parks, Morales, Haak
RB: Gray
LB: O'Toole, Amundsen, Gloster, McFarlane, Turnbull
CB: Chanot, Callens, Martins, Alfaro, Owusu, Benalcazar
GK: Johnson, Barraza, Mizell

Italics - means status uncertain due to loan expiry, free agent status or rumors of departure.

Yikes, that roster is looking thin.

On a side note, I went to see NYCFC2 play Union2 in Philly early in the season and Turnbull played RB with O'Toole at LB. Not sure if that was out of position for him or not.

I know Maxi wanted to go back home, but I hope that NYCFC gets the most money available to put towards GAM for this "transfer".

That's probably mostly irrelevant considering we're replacing a DP, right? We can spend whatever we want on a DP replacement.

Did we not buy him down? Good point.
I think his salary was lowered to a point where he could have been a TAM player but since we only had him, Martins, and Talles as DPs we kept him as a DP. It was all kind of confusing and we never got full confirmation either way.

Reactions: Kjbert and Joe_Cos
If true, great move by the fo. We are gonna get a huge sum for him in a few years. I wonder what made him want to stay?

Yeah, the image in Romano's tweet is definitely from his initial signing day. Does not mean this is not true. I think Romano is pretty reliable usually, and this is just because the club has not released any info or pictures officially.
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 9.20.00 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
Yikes, that roster is looking thin.

On a side note, I went to see NYCFC2 play Union2 in Philly early in the season and Turnbull played RB with O'Toole at LB. Not sure if that was out of position for him or not.
Interesting. I was trying to figure out where Turnbull mostly played. Somewhere (either the Club site or Transfermrkt) stated that he prefers the left side, but he can certainly do either one.