2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aren't there generally stipulation in apparel agreements that prevent number changes from happening mid-season? Every now and again you hear about an NBA or NFL player wanting to switch numbers that become available, but to do so you need to compensate the kit makers for all pre-made, undelivered jerseys and front the money for refunds on current year jerseys already purchased by fans.

Maybe? I think it depends on the league. I've heard stories about baseball players paying other players for jersey numbers after being traded, so I do think it happens. Definitely think you're right in the NBA and NFL, but not sure whether other leagues allow it.

Aren't there generally stipulation in apparel agreements that prevent number changes from happening mid-season? Every now and again you hear about an NBA or NFL player wanting to switch numbers that become available, but to do so you need to compensate the kit makers for all pre-made, undelivered jerseys and front the money for refunds on current year jerseys already purchased by fans.

i dont think that applies to MLS. i recall back in 2015 Jason Hernandez has the 21 and then pirlo came over and gave up the 21 to pirlo for two bottles of wine from his wine company.

Reactions: DeGrozz
surprise threaten GIF

We know he took his medical in Manchester and this was obviously filmed there. But they could have at least covered up the Man City logo a bit more or not used in the photo for the video. Unless they're trying to be obvious and signal this guy may be playing in Manchester in a couple seasons.

We know he took his medical in Manchester and this was obviously filmed there. But they could have at least covered up the Man City logo a bit more or not used in the photo for the video. Unless they're trying to be obvious and signal this guy may be playing in Manchester in a couple seasons.
I didin't notice the MC logo. My give-away was him saying "I want to get to New York."

The other news is he described himself as a winger/striker, assuming accurate translation.

yea i noticed the man city logo too... thought it was an obvious and avoidable goof.

I didin't notice the MC logo. My give-away was him saying "I want to get to New York."

The other news is he described himself as a winger/striker, assuming accurate translation.
The translation is wrong. He says "soy un extremo, delantero, zurdo", which means "I'm a winger, a forward, left-footed". If he had meant striker he would have said "centrodelantero", meaning center-forward.

i dont think that applies to MLS. i recall back in 2015 Jason Hernandez has the 21 and then pirlo came over and gave up the 21 to pirlo for two bottles of wine from his wine company.

Didn't remember that - good point.