2024 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

I would think he would be a loan since he's currently under contract with a La Liga team. If we were to bring him in as a DP, does that mean we have to offload Talles or somehow buy down Thiago? This would be an ambitious signing if we can get it across the line, even moreso if he's a full signing.
There's also rumors of MLS adding a 4th DP spot next year or perhaps some other roster rule changes that could allow this to happen

Parks and Morales weren’t particularly good last year. No issue with any of the non returnees except Owosu. My understanding is Nico has the ability to play somewhere and it was mutual to let his option expire.

This team needs a massive influx of talent. I’m happy that we are already linked to two statement signings this off-season. But we need a hell of a lot more from Thiago, Bakri and Fernandez. All of those guys have been underwhelming frankly. Even Santi took a massive step back last season.

I do feel that we saw several players have seasons below what we've come to expect. A lot of people call out Magno, but I don't think Sands or Parks were as strong as we've been used to seeing either. Some of that might just be the team dynamic not working, so the individual players haven't performed as well.

As for Santi, I think he's been his usual inconsistent self. Sometimes making poor decisions or missing on execution, sometimes driving things forward well. I think there is a substantial drop off from Maxi to Santi at the #10 spot. Santi doesn't have Maxi's understanding of the game or knowledge of where to progress the attack. To be fair, not many players do - I am appreciating what he brought to the team even more in his absence.

This is one of my main concerns with Cushing. Several of our players have regressed under his watch. I, too, noticed Santi, Parks, Sands, Magno and Morales having subpar seasons this year.

A great manager is improving his players and inspiring them to dig deep each week to win. We're not seeing that.

This is one of my main concerns with Cushing. Several of our players have regressed under his watch. I, too, noticed Santi, Parks, Sands, Magno and Morales having subpar seasons this year.

A great manager is improving his players and inspiring them to dig deep each week to win. We're not seeing that.

Frankly, it's the main reason I thought they were going to fire him at the end of the season. I was really surprised to read they're hanging onto him, but I imagine he's on a short leash next year.

Reactions: twsj91 and Kjbert
I think there is a substantial drop off from Maxi to Santi at the #10 spot. Santi doesn't have Maxi's understanding of the game or knowledge of where to progress the attack. To be fair, not many players do
TBF, Santi is 13 years younger than Maxi. I wonder what Maxi's vision and decision making was like in 2010.

No issue with any of the non returnees except Owosu.
I think his ticket got punched when we picked up Birks Risa. That was supposed to be Kwaku's slot. For whatever reason, he just never seemed to be able to grab it.

He's still young, though. Just turns 23 in December. So, there's still time for him to find his game and take it to the next level.

He sure showed signs of being capable of it at the Deuce. A couple games I watched, he was an outright monster.

It drives me crazy when we get a rumor about a player, then there's nothing more as follow-up. What ever happened to the Arezo rumors? Are they dead? Negotiating? It would be nice if some reporters would advance that story.

It drives me crazy when we get a rumor about a player, then there's nothing more as follow-up. What ever happened to the Arezo rumors? Are they dead? Negotiating? It would be nice if some reporters would advance that story.

nothing is going to be announced or followed up until the end of their seasons in south america at the earliest. so dont expect anything until mid December. in Arezo's case there is not much more follow up after "advanced stage in negotiation" next step would be signing or he accepted another offer.

Reactions: FootyLovin
We don’t have any beat reporters to dig into rumors. Hopefully some of the national guys will report on it if continues to progress. I share your frustration.

I also tweeted this, but who the hell was asking the questions for this Q&A?

There's no author attributed to this at all.
That's been the norm, I think, since Mark Booth stopped putting out content under his name. He's still listed as "Director, Content" on the website, by the way. His sudden, unannounced withdrawal as a public face for the team while remaining listed on the Front Office Staff page is one of the club's mysteries.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and JayH
That's been the norm, I think, since Mark Booth stopped putting out content under his name. He's still listed as "Director, Content" on the website, by the way. His sudden, unannounced withdrawal as a public face for the team while remaining listed on the Front Office Staff page is one of the club's mysteries.
A reverse George John