5/17 - 5pm 1st Official Meeting

zl10

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 31, 2014
We will be conducting our first official meeting at Mad Hatter on May 17, at 5pm. Minutes will be taken. A formal itinerary will be posted here and on the FB group prior to then so you can come prepared with questions, insights, and the like.

The conducting of the meeting will be by a meeting facilitator to be named. Looking forward to seeing all of you there!

What about the non city fans who fear we'll be Man City nyc, are they okay with Mad Hatter being the location of a first official meeting? Isn't that going to turn people off? Personally idc but I don't want this to create division.

What about the non city fans who fear we'll be Man City nyc, are they okay with Mad Hatter being the location of a first official meeting? Isn't that going to turn people off? Personally idc but I don't want this to create division.
I'm a non-city fan and I'd prefer we find a different place to call home. It's fine initially but as the club begins to define itself and gain its own identity I think we as fans should follow suit.

A few things: One, I'm an LFC supporter, diehard, LFC supporter. The reason why Hatter is there is because it was an AWESOME space and they were very, very gracious hosts. We are NOT an MCFC culture, and if the location of a bar is what defines this group, then we aren't doing a good job. Also, our main bar for game days is up by the stadium, Hatters is a place for away games to gather and watch. For right now, it is a perfect spot. We will see what happens in the future but for now, Hatters is where we will be gathering.

Good to see some of us can look at the bigger picture. I RSVPed. I'll be there.

Wish I could make it but likely can't. Have the current leaders decided what direction this group will go legally? A bunch of MLS and AO groups/chapters have officially gone non-profit. Just wondering if this has been considered by the early leaders or will that be decided later after things are formed and leaders are elected?

Wish I could make it but likely can't. Have the current leaders decided what direction this group will go legally? A bunch of MLS and AO groups/chapters have officially gone non-profit. Just wondering if this has been considered by the early leaders or will that be decided later after things are formed and leaders are elected?
I think that the first meeting won't go into the legal classification of the group. That is certainly something that should be considered but the group should mature and coagulate before spending too much time thinking about that.

Coop Coop YNWA I'm indifferent to City and one of the strongest "we should separate from them as much as possible" champions, but it was the best place we went to last week.

The stadium is where our true home will be.
A few things: One, I'm an LFC supporter, diehard, LFC supporter. The reason why Hatter is there is because it was an AWESOME space and they were very, very gracious hosts. We are NOT an MCFC culture, and if the location of a bar is what defines this group, then we aren't doing a good job. Also, our main bar for game days is up by the stadium, Hatters is a place for away games to gather and watch. For right now, it is a perfect spot. We will see what happens in the future but for now, Hatters is where we will be gathering.
Fair enough. It was just an opinion and I certainly wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers. I do adamantly want the club to diverge from City as much as possible but I'll defer to your judgement on this bar since I'm living in Liverpool at the moment and haven't been able to come down to the place yet. Have a good one at this meeting. I'll be joining by this live feed.

Fair enough. It was just an opinion and I certainly wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers. I do adamantly want the club to diverge from City as much as possible but I'll defer to your judgement on this bar since I'm living in Liverpool at the moment and haven't been able to come down to the place yet. Have a good one at this meeting. I'll be joining by this live feed.

Sounds good Coop! Looking forward to having you, first and foremost, active in the group, and second, in New York! Lastly, let us know what you think of the webcast.

I think that the first meeting won't go into the legal classification of the group. That is certainly something that should be considered but the group should mature and coagulate before spending too much time thinking about that.

We already have begun the process of filing as a non-profit.

Reactions: einwindir
I should be there after celebrating Arsenal's FA cup victory (I hope!) at the Blind Pig earlier in the day. And I was initially against the whole Hatter/City connection (I didn't make it to the crawl) but if this is what the group is down for and the space is nice then I have no problems.

I should be there after celebrating Arsenal's FA cup victory (I hope!) at the Blind Pig earlier in the day. And I was initially against the whole Hatter/City connection (I didn't make it to the crawl) but if this is what the group is down for and the space is nice then I have no problems.
It was just as weird for me, being an ardent Liverpool supporter, walking into a City bar. But it was really, really awesome.

Sounds good Coop! Looking forward to having you, first and foremost, active in the group, and second, in New York! Lastly, let us know what you think of the webcast.
Might be a good few months yet before I'm back. Waiting on my Green Card. Might take that time to get used to the idea of going into a City bar if the next couple of weeks don't go our way!

Might be a good few months yet before I'm back. Waiting on my Green Card. Might take that time to get used to the idea of going into a City bar if the next couple of weeks don't go our way!
I hear ya. As someone who has lived at 11th and A, even compromised with my fiancee that the only way we will move to the East Village is if we were 2 blocks from the bar, it was incredibly bizarre walking into "foreign" territory. But it's really an awesome spot.

I hear ya. As someone who has lived at 11th and A, even compromised with my fiancee that the only way we will move to the East Village is if we were 2 blocks from the bar, it was incredibly bizarre walking into "foreign" territory. But it's really an awesome spot.

My wife and I live in BK a few blocks from Roeblings Inn. Really hope that place picks up a bit more as an LFC supporters bar. Usually a bit dead. Love 11th St Bar though.