After Speaking With My Account Manager

Kjbert

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 24, 2014
I feel a lot better. Seems as if they were a little blind-sided with the timing. Not sure if everyone knew this, but our Front Office has been closed until today, thus, they have been slow in reacting to the Lampard news. I would suggest that if you haven't already e-mailed or called your account manager, you should do so. They are collecting all of our feedback and it gets passed to Tim and Claudio. Some key take-aways, if anyone cares:

- Frank will 100% be here in July. We should be able to pinpoint the exact game once the schedule is released on Wednesday
- Today, the front office held a conference call with all employees to tell their side of the story and reiterate the commitment they have to the Club
- No one at NYCFC was expecting this. I believe them. I think, for the most part, the rank and file NYCFC employees, from Claudio and Jason on down, really believed that this wasn't going to happen until the very last minute...when it did
- The Front Office reminded the employees about how strong the CFG scouting system is around the world and that was the reason they were able to find Andres Mendoza. They are very bullish on him in both the near and long term as a key component of the club moving forward. Seems like a bigger signing to them than many of us made it out to be
- Expect to hear a lot more player news in the weeks ahead. Sounds like they are trying to space it out and they have a number of other players to introduce between now and the end of the transfer window. Seems like there are a number of completed deals to announce and some other deals that they are trying to finalize during the window
- Finally, the FO is strategizing on how to "get us out of this." They realize it's a huge black eye to the organization and they are going to make it up to the fans.

That's all I got. But call your account manager. They are listening. I had e-mailed mine on New Year's Eve and was called today - the first day they were back in the office. In my e-mail, I told my account manager that I didn't need or want a response, but wanted them to know how I felt. They are personally reaching out to those who have contacted them. So call/e-mail and voice your opinion and concerns.

Thanks for this report. Did you ask and was there any feedback on the issue of them saying he signed a DP contract which Garber has now said is not true?

I feel a lot better. Seems as if they were a little blind-sided with the timing. Not sure if everyone knew this, but our Front Office has been closed until today, thus, they have been slow in reacting to the Lampard news. I would suggest that if you haven't already e-mailed or called your account manager, you should do so. They are collecting all of our feedback and it gets passed to Tim and Claudio. Some key take-aways, if anyone cares:

- Frank will 100% be here in July. We should be able to pinpoint the exact game once the schedule is released on Wednesday
- Today, the front office held a conference call with all employees to tell their side of the story and reiterate the commitment they have to the Club
- No one at NYCFC was expecting this. I believe them. I think, for the most part, the rank and file NYCFC employees, from Claudio and Jason on down, really believed that this wasn't going to happen until the very last minute...when it did
- The Front Office reminded the employees about how strong the CFG scouting system is around the world and that was the reason they were able to find Andres Mendoza. They are very bullish on him in both the near and long term as a key component of the club moving forward. Seems like a bigger signing to them than many of us made it out to be
- Expect to hear a lot more player news in the weeks ahead. Sounds like they are trying to space it out and they have a number of other players to introduce between now and the end of the transfer window. Seems like there are a number of completed deals to announce and some other deals that they are trying to finalize during the window
- Finally, the FO is strategizing on how to "get us out of this." They realize it's a huge black eye to the organization and they are going to make it up to the fans.

That's all I got. But call your account manager. They are listening. I had e-mailed mine on New Year's Eve and was called today - the first day they were back in the office. In my e-mail, I told my account manager that I didn't need or want a response, but wanted them to know how I felt. They are personally reaching out to those who have contacted them. So call/e-mail and voice your opinion and concerns.
Thanks for the update. It's reassuring to see some of those responses. I still believe this is a CFG gaffe and not an NYC one. Hopefully the supporter response and NYC FO response is enough to be taken seriously by CFG.

I tried not to push too many specifics as it was obvious they had a couple of talking points to share, as well as their own general concern. So no conversation on loan vs no loan, I'm sorry.

I am also now in the camp of "CFG F'ed up and not NYCFC." I think that is good for the club - kind of a rallying cry. Sounds like Jason and Claudio aren't very happy right now in what transpired. Our club is now trying to do damage control. But I was excited to hear that a handful of new signings would be announced in the weeks ahead. All sound like foreign players.

Thank you for sharing! A lot of good things, if you ask me - I'm still hesitant to believe FL will be here in July when there isn't a way to guarantee it - it's my understanding that you can't have two contracts with two clubs at the same time

Reactions: Kjbert
Thanks for the update. My rep left me a message after I sent him an email with my complaints. I need to call them back.

One thing, though. If they knew that the office would be closed until today, why in the hell did they announce the news during that time? I'm sure they knew the decisions a few days earlier. Either wait to report it, or have a response ready to release. Their silence made things so much worse.

Also, I don't believe them that they were blindsided. Reyna traveled to England a month ago to discuss it. He had to know then what was going down. If they truly were blindsided, then they're a Mickey Mouse Club, and that's concerning. They had to know back in July that they were getting screwed.

I think the people we speak with were blind-sided. I would agree with you that Claudio had to know the more I think about it. But it's also just as possible that he went there, stated his case and went home without news.

I don't think NYCFC had any control over the announcement. CFG did.

One more thing - as I review my conversation with my account manager. They kept going back to the scouting network. I wonder if the others who have spoken to their account managers heard the same talking point. Seems to be something they really wanted to drill home.

Thanks for the update. My rep left me a message after I sent him an email with my complaints. I need to call them back.

One thing, though. If they knew that the office would be closed until today, why in the hell did they announce the news during that time? I'm sure they knew the decisions a few days earlier. Either wait to report it, or have a response ready to release. Their silence made things so much worse.

Also, I don't believe them that they were blindsided. Reyna traveled to England a month ago to discuss it. He had to know then what was going down. If they truly were blindsided, then they're a Mickey Mouse Club, and that's concerning. They had to know back in July that they were getting screwed.

Well, they had to announce something because the loan was supposed to expire on the 31st, so they had to say something to explain why he'd be in a Man City kit for the game against Sunderland.

One more thing - as I review my conversation with my account manager. They kept going back to the scouting network. I wonder if the others who have spoken to their account managers heard the same talking point. Seems to be something they really wanted to drill home.

I'll post here what my reps says, but I don't see how the scouting network has anything to do with this. I hope my rep is honest with me and doesn't feed me PR bullshit.

Well, they had to announce something because the loan was supposed to expire on the 31st, so they had to say something to explain why he'd be in a Man City kit for the game against Sunderland.

Makes sense but have a response ready then. Did they really think people wouldn't be upset? They announced it as if they were announcing that Lays was their official potato chip.

The scouting network and Lampard have nothing to do with each other.

The point I was making is that the club is talking up how the scouting network is allowing them to uncover players for NYCFC that other clubs couldn't find. I believe them.

As an example, they might think Andres Mendoza is a steal. For all we know, he could be a future Ecuadorian National Team player. Who knows? The point is that CFG's scouting network uncovered him.

Reactions: mrplow2000
I tried not to push too many specifics as it was obvious they had a couple of talking points to share, as well as their own general concern. So no conversation on loan vs no loan, I'm sorry.

I am also now in the camp of "CFG F'ed up and not NYCFC." I think that is good for the club - kind of a rallying cry. Sounds like Jason and Claudio aren't very happy right now in what transpired. Our club is now trying to do damage control. But I was excited to hear that a handful of new signings would be announced in the weeks ahead. All sound like foreign players.

I had a similar conversation with my rep, who is also a STH and was genuinely blind sided by the news. He would not confirm whether or not there was gag order - or why no one has made a public statement of apology or clarification on NYCFC's part. He did however reiterate the transfer window and to keep looking out for new signings. Also, the fact that it may seem one sided now - but we will reap the benefits of loans in the future. Also, concerns about transparency will be sent to the front office.

Less annoyed...but still giving Lampard a NYC Beckham welcome.

Thanks for the update K Kjbert !

Is anyone else dismayed that the club didn't release a statement and opted to let these ticket sales execs take all the furor of emails and phone calls on the first day after the holiday. I like all the guys and gals I've ever contacted at the club and they have always been a pleasure in my conversations (I've had many).
As disconcerting as Lampardgate has been, I knew they were going to get lambasted today and I didn't want to pile on.
All of those points in the conversation could have been part of a larger statement of assurance to the supporters.

Third Rail saying on FB that the team is surprised by how few people have called/emailed them.
I didn't contact them because a few weeks ago I got tired of harassing my ticket rep about what shouldn't be ticket rep business just because the club doesn't communicate well. I actually put that in an email to him after he tried to call me in response to an earlier email. There should have been a public statement and I was hoping there would be one to circumvent all this telephone call hand-holding..

Now I guess I have to go ahead and email my rep again just so they know they need to improve. This shouldn't be so much work.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
I emailed them and still no response. Will keep you posted.