And The Winner Is...

i think it is necessary to have the article before the name for it to make sense, but the emphasis should be on Third Rail. If it starts a sentence it will have to be The Third Rail, but any other time should be the Third Rail.

Reactions: einwindir
Rough sketch thrown together at lunch (excuse the weird rendering marks). Thinking of different ideas incorporating:
  • 5 stars for 5 boroughs
  • lightning for electricity
  • 3 lines for 3 rails
Also going to incorporate different color schemes, maybe a darker one as this one looks too...colorful?

third rail.jpg

I can't do a mock up since I'm at work. but why not do something like this:
Times-Square-Subway-Image.jpg

Keep it simple using Sky Blue, Navy, and Orange as the seperate lines. like a Navy Blue "T", Orange "R" and Sky Blue "S" and "C" all with White lettering on the black backdrop.
Replace "Subway" with "THIRD RAIL"
Replace the subway stop name with "SUPPORTERS CLUB"

Minimalist design. Will look good on a scarf, banner or t-shirt. Uses the team and city colors.

Can anyone try and make that one up? I believe the font is HELVETICA.

Reactions: Slick Rick
I can't do a mock up since I'm at work. but why not do something like this:
Times-Square-Subway-Image.jpg

Keep it simple using Sky Blue, Navy, and Orange as the seperate lines. like a Navy Blue "T", Orange "R" and Sky Blue "S" and "C" all with White lettering on the black backdrop.
Replace "Subway" with "THIRD RAIL"
Replace the subway stop name with "SUPPORTERS CLUB"

Minimalist design. Will look good on a scarf, banner or t-shirt. Uses the team and city colors.

Can anyone try and make that one up? I believe the font is HELVETICA.

Instead of replacing the stop name with Supporters Club you could replace it with the actual stop of Yankee Stadium.

I believe one of the guys at the meeting was a graphic designer. He stated he would be willing to volunteer his services, I believe. Hopefully the Third Rail logo can be done similarly to the NYCFC logo We come up with ideas, he looks at them and takes the best features to create a logo we all (mostly) like.

Instead of replacing the stop name with Supporters Club you could replace it with the actual stop of Yankee Stadium.
As a logo you want it to just have the name of the club.

As a promotional piece I think this is an awesome idea, and if we can get someone to do it ASAP that would be great. We can have it available to download and we can all print flyers as needed and post wherever people post that sort of thing.

He's saying Artic Monkeys are called 'the Artic Monkeys' = We are the Third Rail

as opposed to

I listen to this great band called The Strokes. = Hey, you should join The Third Rail.

Right! Arctic Monkeys sounds like it would require the use of 'the' since it ends in a plural, whereas 'the' in The Strokes is part of their name.

He's saying Artic Monkeys are called 'the Artic Monkeys' = We are the Third Rail

as opposed to

I listen to this great band called The Strokes. = Hey, you should join The Third Rail.
This is what I get for pressing send before completing my thought.

I deserve this.

I'm not even going to try to reword what I was trying to say.

You win.

Reactions: Section1Guy
I am VERY VERY VERY against the idea of using a logo based even remotely on a the British design...I know, opinions and all, but there if I'm honest, there shouldn't even be a debate about it...

Completely detracts from the identity of the club...the symbols of the NYC subway system is where we should be looking for inspiration...

I´m amazed.. I was expecting a number of "We are electric" jokes..