Atlanta - Postmatch - Eastern Conference Semifinals Leg 2

Realizing I really just forgot a lot :p
giphy.gif

I am now under the firm belief that NYCFC will never go to the MLS Cup until we have our own soccer specific stadium in NYC that we are playing in.

MLS/PRO won't referee a fair match for us as the league office doesn't want MLS Cup hosted in Yankee Stadium.

I am now under the firm belief that NYCFC will never go to the MLS Cup until we have our own soccer specific stadium in NYC that we are playing in.

MLS/PRO won't referee a fair match for us as the league office doesn't want MLS Cup hosted in Yankee Stadium.
The amount of sucking off of Mercedes Benz Stadium by the ESPN commentary team during the second leg was embarrassing. You could tell they thought it was a little funny they had to do it, but near the end of the match they were just riffing on how good the food was.

The amount of sucking off of Mercedes Benz Stadium by the ESPN commentary team during the second leg was embarrassing. You could tell they thought it was a little funny they had to do it, but near the end of the match they were just riffing on how good the food was.
MBS is the rage now, but in 10 years when all of the current players start developing cancer, they’re gonna rethink the narrative of that field. I’m not even joking - the number of times the camera panned to a player with the rubber pellets sticking all over their face is probably representative of every player after going to the deck on a tackle/dive/fall. And there have been numerous current/ongoing studies linking the rubber pellet surfaces to increased cancer development with respect to players.

MBS is the rage now, but in 10 years when all of the current players start developing cancer, they’re gonna rethink the narrative of that field. I’m not even joking - the number of times the camera panned to a player with the rubber pellets sticking all over their face is probably representative of every player after going to the deck on a tackle/dive/fall. And there have been numerous current/ongoing studies linking the rubber pellet surfaces to increased cancer development with respect to players.
Where are these tests? Asking because I'm genuinely curious to review one or two and see the tests/results on the pellets vs. cancer risk.

Reactions: Kangaroo Jack
Def a concern. But so much more of a concern for all the young players playing on turf every day all over the country tbh

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Where are these tests? Asking because I'm genuinely curious to review one or two and see the tests/results on the pellets vs. cancer risk.
The govt hasn’t confirmed anything yet, presumably because of the domino effect to an industry, but researchers are drawing conclusions since the pellets are composed of cancer causing chemicals like Benzene, lead, mercury, etc.

I’ll let you run through the google list of articles and such: use these key words- rubber pellet field turf cancer

I believe it was the UW soccer team that had 50+ players develop cancer

That's only when someone plays for years on turf and constantly playing everyday. If they are only playing once a week for 120 minutes (game plus warm up), I don't think it's a concern for their long term health.

But I am not a doctor, or a medical researcher.

Reactions: mgarbowski
The govt hasn’t confirmed anything yet, presumably because of the domino effect to an industry, but researchers are drawing conclusions since the pellets are composed of cancer causing chemicals like Benzene, lead, mercury, etc.

I’ll let you run through the google list of articles and such: use these key words- rubber pellet field turf cancer

I believe it was the UW soccer team that had 50+ players develop cancer

I haven't read any of those articles in a while. But I thought it had to do with the heat releasing the carcinogens. And that the field itself gets well over 100 degrees when baking in the sun. Maybe it's different for a shaded or indoor field like MBS?

That's only when someone plays for years on turf and constantly playing everyday. If they are only playing once a week for 120 minutes (game plus warm up), I don't think it's a concern for their long term health.

But I am not a doctor, or a medical researcher.
I haven't read any of those articles in a while. But I thought it had to do with the heat releasing the carcinogens. And that the field itself gets well over 100 degrees when baking in the sun. Maybe it's different for a shaded or indoor field like MBS?
You guys do you, but those pellets can be swallowed when going to the turf and get into abrasions from sliding.

Why should anybody/ any player be coming in contact with a material containing heavy metals and known cancer causing chemicals? Kinda similar to Monsanto fighting for years that their roundup didn’t cause cancer, and yet now they’ve just lost a blockbuster lawsuit and their pushback is crumbling.

Sorry, didn’t mean to segue from the thread other than the shade thrown as MLS’ darling stadium, but that type of field is gonna be found to be an issue down the road and it’s just taking a while because of effective lobbying.

Sometimes I worry about your sanity with how deep you've descended into this MLS/PRO NYCFC conspiracy. Pro refs suck, the talent of the league has long passed them by. They make horrible calls in both directions. Some games the horrible calls go against us, other games they favor us and sometimes it's equal. Observational bias causes us to remember the ones against us, there is no grand conspiracy.

Edit: Clarification since I realized that this could be read as me calling you crazy, I was more trying to say don't let it get to you so much, no ones out to get us they're just terrible at their job.

Last edited:
Sometimes I worry about your sanity with how deep you've descended into this MLS/PRO NYCFC conspiracy. Pro refs suck, the talent of the league has long passed them by. They make horrible calls in both directions. Some games the horrible calls go against us, other games they favor us and sometimes it's equal. Observational bias causes us to remember the ones against us, there is no grand conspiracy.

Edit: Clarification since I realized that this could be read as me calling you crazy, I was more trying to say don't let it get to you so much, no ones out to get us they're just terrible at their job.

Our CCL spot was stolen. The rules were rewritten. The league office is against us because of Yankee Stadium.

I should find other hobbies/interests.