Atlanta - Postmatch - Eastern Conference Semifinals Leg 2

I'd be surprised. Have we ever exercised the option on one of those loans? I can't imagine Castellanos would be the first. He's got skill, but is wildly inconsistent and immature on the field.

I do think that's a little excessive in terms of roster turnover, and obviously there won't be that much turnover.
to be fair he just turned 20. i see a ton of room for improvement with him. im not sure the terms of the loan but if its affordable it think you pull an ABBA and take a chance on him.

As far as the roster turnover it wasnt a realistic expectation. Based purley on emotion and how i feel about the rest of the players.

I left the match not disappointed because Atlanta were the better team and I expected them to advance to the next round. I even told Patricof, let's just make it a respectable series vs. Atlanta. But the way we didn't even meet expectations on the quality and tactics to matchup to Atlanta is all on Dome.

But again, the refereeing was atrocious in both legs. Martinez is called out for his heroism in defense. He runs into Villa during a bike kick in Leg 1, then is offside (and body checks Herrera) on the attacking phase of play that leads to the PK and first goal. Almiron places the ball much closer to the goal then where the foul took place. No time wasting yellows. No yellows to players fouling Moralez after the referee said no more fouls on Moralez.

When I pay for the WWE Network or a ticket to a WWE show, I have the understanding that it's scripted. In the league office, there's definitely some match fixing or tinkering or leanings to help the league grow. And it should be criminally prosecuted by the DOJ.

This is going to be the most hectic offseason in club history and I'm not looking forward to offseason transfers under Dome's control. Way too early prediction, if other teams in the East make good improvements, we could end up between 5-7 in the East.

This is going to be the most hectic offseason in club history and I'm not looking forward to offseason transfers under Dome's control. Way too early prediction, if other teams in the East make good improvements, we could end up between 5-7 in the East.
Info or speculation?

Reactions: Kangaroo Jack
Dome should be disciplined by the club in some way, fined hopefully, for his behavior. And Taty should be disciplined and fined by the league and club. When he wasn't being a cheat Taty looked promising. He's barely 20 years old, maybe he can get a kick up his ass and stop playing that way. If it continues into next season I'd want him gone.
Last night I thought was arguably Taty's best game of the season*. He was dangerous and making good runs. The shot he took was very well done. There was also a point in the 68' minute where he was making a great run in behind the defense that I think he could have easily been played through, but Medina failed to see it and/or pull the trigger.

*Best game of actual play. As everyone else noted, all the other crap he pulled last night was ridiculous and embarrassing.

I do hope he's back. I thought the biggest issue he had his short time here this season was a lack of chemistry with the team.

I left the match not disappointed because Atlanta were the better team and I expected them to advance to the next round. I even told Patricof, let's just make it a respectable series vs. Atlanta. But the way we didn't even meet expectations on the quality and tactics to matchup to Atlanta is all on Dome.

But again, the refereeing was atrocious in both legs. Martinez is called out for his heroism in defense. He runs into Villa during a bike kick in Leg 1, then is offside (and body checks Herrera) on the attacking phase of play that leads to the PK and first goal. Almiron places the ball much closer to the goal then where the foul took place. No time wasting yellows. No yellows to players fouling Moralez after the referee said no more fouls on Moralez.

When I pay for the WWE Network or a ticket to a WWE show, I have the understanding that it's scripted. In the league office, there's definitely some match fixing or tinkering or leanings to help the league grow. And it should be criminally prosecuted by the DOJ.

I agree with you on the last point. If Dome stays, I'm not sure we make the playoffs next year.

Reactions: roxfontaine

Lmao “I even told patricof...”

Patricof: “who the fuck is this”

Reactions: Korker
dont think it was directed at him in any way... i think he was just walking away after the press conference and mumbled "it was a fucking disaster" thats not usually something you say to someone as a personal attack. Christian Araos is the worst, look at his twitter responses, hes trying to make WAY more of it than it really was.

EDIT:

I also think this guy nails it right on the head

46151675_1188676121271649_1903672553767960576_n.png
Again, I am not an Araos fan at all. But I'm failing to see where Araos is going wrong with this, either in the interview, or on his Twitter feed (unless there was a Tweet that was deleted).

If we just had the audio of the interview, I think you could argue Dome was speaking in general. But watching the video, you can tell he's going straight after Araos there.

Also, kinda shitty of Dome to talk like that about Jo.

Info or speculation?
What info do you want this jabroni to give? He knows less than Jon Snow. Just speculation
Lmao “I even told patricof...”

Patricof: “who the fuck is this”
Patricof told him
Or did he tell Patricof...

To clear anything up, this is all speculation. I think there may be a Villa vs. Dome narrative during the offseason that plays out and the club has to decide between the two going into 2019. Villa (in part) got Kreis fired after he lost the locker room. If Villa wants to stay, maybe he does that again to Dome after the disappointment in the second half of the year and losing for the 3rd straight time in the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

Reactions: The Toe
To clear anything up, this is all speculation. I think there may be a Villa vs. Dome narrative during the offseason that plays out and the club has to decide between the two going into 2019. Villa (in part) got Kreis fired after he lost the locker room. If Villa wants to stay, maybe he does that again to Dome after the disappointment in the second half of the year and losing for the 3rd straight time in the Eastern Conference Semifinals.
i have it from an inside source that Villa and Dome dont get along. Supposedly a lot of the "bigger" players dont respect him.

Why am I quoted here

Meh. I don't think Villa was the only reason why Kreis was fired. They set goals, he failed to meet those goals and was fired for them, just like any other job. But Villa definitely played a large part in it.

I'm not for or against Dome, just think it's unfair to judge him based off of half a season and a very limited transfer window. With that being said, I think he's on borrowed time at this point. If they get off to a slow start, I think CFG will be quick to pull the trigger. Can see someone like Hackworth from Louisville coming in to take over. He's proven to be a good coach at all levels so far (With the NT and USL, granted limited) and is a great youth developer which can help fill CFG's agenda of tapping the American market better. He is also boys with Renya so he'd have the inside track for it I'd assume as well.

i have it from an inside source that Villa and Dome dont get along. Supposedly a lot of the "bigger" players dont respect him.

This can be true and I wouldn't doubt it. I could see guys like Villa, Ring, Chanot, etc. getting upset at the tactical changes that were being made mid-season. Could see them saying "If it's not broken (Which it clearly was but we were getting a lot of ball luck), don't fix it." Could see Dome coming in with a full head of steam and trying to take control of the room by force. PV was very much a players coach. He joked with the guys, played side games with them, was one of them in a sense. Dome is very a "my way or the highway" guy and you can see that with several of the players who were regular guys in the 18 getting phased out.

Can see someone like Hackworth from Louisville coming in to take over. He's proven to be a good coach at all levels so far (With the NT and USL, granted limited) and is a great youth developer which can help fill CFG's agenda of tapping the American market better. He is also boys with Renya so he'd have the inside track for it I'd assume as well.

The coach that took Jonathan Lewis and James Sands in on loan. Do it.

Reactions: gbservis
I don't usually post but.. when Viera was here everyone was complaining how shi*** of a manager he was and how he was ruining the team. Dome comes in and all of a sudden everyone is saying he is the savior and a huge upgrade over Patrick.

Fast forward through the summer and now we have that Dome is the one responsible that destroyed a Supporter Shield caliber team.

Honestly, the better team won. Just leave it as that. Yes Dome may have made questionable decisions (Amagat?!?) but in the end it is up to the players. I think losing Herrera mid-season was huge. Without him the entire team lost a step and that edge that he usually brings. And I want to mention that when Herrera was healthy early on in the season people also used to throw sh** at him and blaming him for everything. Same with Berget.

It sucks we lost but just accept the better team over the two legs. I would be surprised if Atlanta doesn't win the Cup this year. Overall I think the season went as good as it could have. It is hard to have a new manager come in and pick up the nuisances of the team and league. Give Dome the entire off-season to build his team which he didn't have this year and lets see he could do better.

I'm more pissed about our stadium situation than this loss and season as a whole.