Authentic Jersey

Yes it does. But it only has the patch on one arm instead of two.

Ah really? The photos on the NYCFC site only show the sleeve without the patch and they don't even mention the patch in the description.

I for one really like the authentic jersey - I've never owned one and was pleasantly surprised - super light and mad comfortable - plus it makes me look real good!

Our MLS patch looks the same as OCSC, but theirs has grooves on it - no big deal for me

Reactions: Paul
Lol, was that you who rifled through my drawers last night? Pretty sure, I know what my jersey looks like.

Ha! The photo on the NYCFC site is really misleading, and I swore when I saw the replica in person that it didn't have any MLS patches. I was wrong.

The lack of MLS patch was the only thing keeping me from just getting a replica. Now that I know that it includes it I'll just go for that instead of the authentic.

Ha! The photo on the NYCFC site is really misleading, and I swore when I saw the replica in person that it didn't have any MLS patches. I was wrong.
I had heard that and I was surprised when both mine and my son's had patches. Only one though

I for one really like the authentic jersey - I've never owned one and was pleasantly surprised - super light and mad comfortable - plus it makes me look real good!

Our MLS patch looks the same as OCSC, but theirs has grooves on it - no big deal for me
if you felt the quality between the two patches on the jerseys, the ones on orlando's are a harder plastic-y type feel...it just feels like its worth more...at least to me lol

Reactions: LostAnvil
if you felt the quality between the two patches on the jerseys, the ones on orlando's are a harder plastic-y type feel...it just feels like its worth more...at least to me lol
may be worth more, but if they're going for lighter, then ours is better

...and why am I not surprised that something from Florida has a more plastic-y feel to it? [that's an joke about fake bewbs]

Reactions: Malatesta
I know we are beating this into the ground, but I'm comparing my Quakes authentic to my NY authentic and they are really different. The material of the Quakes is much softer and silkier. I'm finding the NY jersey to be super itchy. I've also noticed that the NY jersey is not as long as the Quakes jersey. What's the deal!?!

Reactions: Drainyoo
true, at least if you are kit supplier for the entire league at least make things uniform....no reason one jersey should feel cheaper than others

I agree.

I like the new clean and slick MLS Logos, but I am wondering why their are NO American or Canadan flags on one of the arms or on the back of the neck of the new 2015 jerseys. I personally think that is necessary to represent!

As a former New York Adidas Apparel Designer, I think the material is up to the league and the contract with Adidas. We should have the best, period!

Last edited:
What's the deal!?!
Don't quote me 100%. I'm going off my most recent year's of jersey's I have. Adidas recently switched materials. My "authentic" Colombia kit is "climacool", then for last years Real Madrid kits the replica was climacool and the authentic is Adizero. Nycfc and I'm guessing the rest are the same. To me climacool feels more silky, and the adizero more like cotton. However my own wearing them the adizero to me is definite lighter. Also I'll note that all these are made by Adidas, yet they all fit me different. Some longer (Colombia) and some shorter (RM) and my NYCFC authentic is a little more snug then my RM.

So I finally went and actually looked hard at a replica, and I gotta say, I'm so glad I went with the authentic instead of the replica. Adidas replicas are trash. The stitching is bad, the spacing is weird, the MLS patches are made of pretty crappy material and the NYCFC badge is hilariously big. There is a thick, dark blue outer ring that isn't on the authentic badge. Looks pretty weird.