Authentic Jersey

It looks like the NYCFC Store has reached a new low...

z0XF95i.jpg

I think it's actually kind of unique and awesome to be honest.

Dude i LOVE Xim

It looks like the NYCFC Store has reached a new low...

z0XF95i.jpg

I think it's actually kind of unique and awesome to be honest.

Hahah hilarious, but I don't believe. Gotta be a photoshop job. They can't be this incompetent. They just can't.

Hahah hilarious, but I don't believe. Gotta be a photoshop job. They can't be this incompetent. They just can't.
Looks like he guy got a DM on Twitter from Mix and will be keeping it after all!

Anybody know what the deal is with authentics now? Not available on any of the websites I've checked (I'm after a black one). They still have them at YS?

There were authentic blue and black jerseys at YS last game but they were mostly XXL

Reactions: LeeNYCFC
Anybody know what the deal is with authentics now? Not available on any of the websites I've checked (I'm after a black one). They still have them at YS?
Your best bet is to go on game day before they close the store near the hard rock for the game. They bring up new racks for game days. If you're going to the game get there early and immediately go into the main store on section 119.

Reactions: LeeNYCFC
Big thread...Im searching through for answers...but maybe someone can respond to this post.

About the Adidas replica vs authentic jerseys. I know authentics have a tighter fit, and also screen printed bagdes and logos, instead of embroidery....but do they do anything else different as well? Is the material a lot more lighter and breathable? Are the numbers on the back lighter in material?

And Im always wondered this about the MLS number font....are the slashes and holes in the number actually punched through? Or is the whole thing printed on, but gives the illusions of slashes and tiny holes around the numbers? Im guessing the authentic player jersey is as light as possible compared to the fan replica?

Once I have the money I may try to get an official Adidas jersey....but Id like to know how much different player authentics are from fan replicas. The only jersey Ive ever owned is my 2013 USMNT stripes jersey, and its the official Nike replica. Ive never really seen or used an authentic jersey in person.

Im wondering if they really feel much more comfy. Though Im leaning towards replica because I feel the embroidered crest would stand the test of time better than screen printed crests on an authentic.

I purchased what I believed to be an authentic kit from YS. I paid 130+ tax for a Mix short sleeve away kit. I am now realizing that the authentic away kits seem to have the orange NYCFC logo on the back neck. Mine does not have this. Did I pay an authentic price for a replica ? lol

I purchased what I believed to be an authentic kit from YS. I paid 130+ tax for a Mix short sleeve away kit. I am now realizing that the authentic away kits seem to have the orange NYCFC logo on the back neck. Mine does not have this. Did I pay an authentic price for a replica ? lol
You bought the replica but you paid a higher price because every merchandise is marked up once you go into Yankee Stadium.

Reactions: The Toe

Replica Price ($90) + Nameset ($20) + Yankee Stadium Markup ($20)

The authentics with nameset are $150 + Yankee Stadium Markup

the authentic black jersey has the orange monogram on the back of the neck and the inaugural season patch on the front bottom - they have the same patch for the authentic blue jersey

Big thread...Im searching through for answers...but maybe someone can respond to this post.

About the Adidas replica vs authentic jerseys. I know authentics have a tighter fit, and also screen printed bagdes and logos, instead of embroidery....but do they do anything else different as well? Is the material a lot more lighter and breathable? Are the numbers on the back lighter in material?

And Im always wondered this about the MLS number font....are the slashes and holes in the number actually punched through? Or is the whole thing printed on, but gives the illusions of slashes and tiny holes around the numbers? Im guessing the authentic player jersey is as light as possible compared to the fan replica?

Once I have the money I may try to get an official Adidas jersey....but Id like to know how much different player authentics are from fan replicas. The only jersey Ive ever owned is my 2013 USMNT stripes jersey, and its the official Nike replica. Ive never really seen or used an authentic jersey in person.

Im wondering if they really feel much more comfy. Though Im leaning towards replica because I feel the embroidered crest would stand the test of time better than screen printed crests on an authentic.

On authentics, the knit of material is different. It's Adizero which is thinner and more breathable than ClimaCool, which is used on the replicas. The other features that the authenthics have that the replicas don't: Inaugural badge, NYC monogram on back of the shirt, and the MLS patch on both sleeves. Also, the NYCFC is heat sealed.

Reactions: LostAnvil
On authentics, the knit of material is different. It's Adizero which is thinner and more breathable than ClimaCool, which is used on the replicas. The other features that the authenthics have that the replicas don't: Inaugural badge, NYC monogram on back of the shirt, and the MLS patch on both sleeves. Also, the NYCFC is heat sealed.
the NYCFC should be sealed with a kiss

Reactions: Drainyoo
The MLS patch seems to be on the replicas, except its a sewn patch instead of glued down. I didnt know they came without the inaugural patch though. http://www.worldsoccershop.com/71591.html

Also, what is "heat sealed"?

Nine times out of ten when I've bought a football shirts it's been replicas. Sure it's better fit and ventilation on the authentic ones. But when it comes to the crest it want it to be embroidered. I don't want to pay over $100 for a shirt with stickers. But for the modern football player I understand that they want a shirt that is as light as possible.