Away - 04/11 Philadelphia

Leo, a Philly US player, on loan to Cosmos
Gaston, a starting midfielder from Argentina who plays for Portland.

Leo scored the only goal in the Cosmos win against Ft. Lauderdale yesterday, and Gaston came on as a sub in Portland's 3-1 win over Dallas last night. Great result for the Timbers.

Leo scored the only goal in the Cosmos win against Ft. Lauderdale yesterday, and Gaston came on as a sub in Portland's 3-1 win over Dallas last night. Great result for the Timbers.
Going off a post I just made, Gaston is a backup for Valeri. I wonder if Portland would trade him when Valeri is healthy...

After watching the Philly - Sporting KC game, it seems like these will be the important tactical points:

1. Set pieces, defending and taking — Two of the three goals against were on set pieces, and the other was soon after one. In general they never looked confident defending them. I don't think we've been excellent on either end of these so far, so hopefully it will be a focus this week.

2. Hitting hard at the end, especially with subs — They've conceded some ridiculous number of goals in the last fifteen minutes (maybe 5?), giving away a 2-1 lead to lose tonight. Especially when you have super-subs on the offensive side of things, I bet late in the match will be the time to take or extend a lead.

3. Watch the break — They look pretty dangerous on the break, and I worry about our defense at the back. KC seemed to have success just throwing bodies into them, though that looked to be their strategy in general.

Feeling cautiously optimistic after watching them drop their lead tonight, but they did look stronger than I expected.

After watching the Philly - Sporting KC game, it seems like these will be the important tactical points:

1. Set pieces, defending and taking — Two of the three goals against were on set pieces, and the other was soon after one. In general they never looked confident defending them. I don't think we've been excellent on either end of these so far, so hopefully it will be a focus this week.

2. Hitting hard at the end, especially with subs — They've conceded some ridiculous number of goals in the last fifteen minutes (maybe 5?), giving away a 2-1 lead to lose tonight. Especially when you have super-subs on the offensive side of things, I bet late in the match will be the time to take or extend a lead.

3. Watch the break — They look pretty dangerous on the break, and I worry about our defense at the back. KC seemed to have success just throwing bodies into them, though that looked to be their strategy in general.

Feeling cautiously optimistic after watching them drop their lead tonight, but they did look stronger than I expected.

To your point #2 I see Khiry having a breakout game as a sub this week......... :):):)

Philly wasn't bad at defending set pieces this week only -- They are actually the worst in the league so far this season. They have conceded 6 or 7 goals on set pieces so far.

Reactions: roxfontaine
Since we are discussing away days... I just looked at my ticket for the away game at Red Bull arena and it does not have a section, row or seat. Has anyone else had this happen to them or is it all GA seating for away fans?
Do you have an Eventbrite "ticket" that just says "away supporter section"? The Eventbrite ticket isn't really a ticket, just sort of a receipt showing that you'd like to buy one in the future. If you have that Eventbrite one you'll probably get an email with the chance to actually buy a ticket. You may have already gotten the email or it may come soon, or there may be an announcement on the Third Rail's page.

The take away from last night's game for me was, Sporting was bad, Philly were worse. That Michael Lahoud chance that would have been the dagger has to be made. I know we can be just as critical of Grabavoy on his missed header against KC, but really tells the story of Phillie's season.

Some one mentioned it on Twitter last night, Union keeper, Rais M'bohli, is getting paid near $500,000 this year. That's one of the reasons why they have no depth on the squad.

CJ Sapong did return wearing the mask. So it will be interesting to see how he factors.

Artisteguieta although slow, is a big tall finisher that can give us problems if Hernandez and Wingert are our CB pairing.

Absolutely no reason why we can't win this. Philly will probably finish in last place this season or near last. Le Toux is a shadow of his former self, and Artisteguieta is the only player that has looked semi-dangerous for them.

We will be in Parking Lot A to tailgate a few hours before the game. We're going to shoot for the area near the grass to be able to kick the ball around a bit.

I know the busses will be parking in the Boat Slip Lot, which is next to Lot A. I'm assuming people on the bus will be bringing some beer so if anyone wanted to swing over to hang out before the "March To The Match" from Lot A at 3pm, come on over.

Updated gameday logistics: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/philadelphia-union-away-game-tickets-15460237988

http://www.philadelphiaunion.com/ppl-park/public-transport-directions-parking#PPLParkMap

Anyone else plan on driving and tailgating?

ill be @ the match w/wife (both sth). driving from NYC. seems like Lot A is way to go, though I am hearing PPL park is very anti-tailgating. This is why Sons of ben has their 'gate offsite at w 2nd st and highland ave. its pretty far from PPL.

OK hump day in a game week. Hopefully we can start talking about the game at this point? As far as a lineup goes, looks like we are back to full health, and everyone is available for selection. I think Kreis will go back to the lineup he brought out against NE with brovsky, williams, hernandez and wingert on the back line; Mix and jacobsen with Grabavoy and Velasquez on the wings and Villa and Nemec up top. JK doesn't seem to like to make too many big changes at once, but I think we have to give KWS another look and shift Wingert out to the fullback spot. I'd like to see Calle get 30 minutes at wing in this game again. And the Poku drum is getting louder and louder.

M'Bohli has been dropped to 3rd string GK and McCarthy will start for them against us

ill be @ the match w/wife (both sth). driving from NYC. seems like Lot A is way to go, though I am hearing PPL park is very anti-tailgating. This is why Sons of ben has their 'gate offsite at w 2nd st and highland ave. its pretty far from PPL.

No bottles or cans, if it's in a cup, they won't hassle you