Away 05/10 - Red Bulls

He quit on the team. Stopped playing, threw his hands up. When he got the ball, he turned it over repeatedly. If it was any other player, we'd be skewering them. Let's not give him a pass. He was wearing the armband, he's supposed to lead by example.

I agree that he wasn't that great when he had the ball. BWP had the same amount of touches, but scored two goals. The problem is, everyone else around Villa, other than Mix, though he wasn't so hot tonight either, is just garbage. Plus, why the fuck is Kreis playing Villa in midfield? What is this guy thinking?

You don't take your best player by a mile out of the game, no matter how much he's being a bitch. You just don't.

Reactions: Gavin23
Villa doesnt speak English (well) and is from Spain, so him showing his frustration in hand gestures and facial expressions is hardly over the top. He was subbed off for no reason. Kreis is the problem.

Subbing Villa Diskerud and Alvarez while keeping on Grabavoy and Jacobson are the type of actions that deserve real criticism and examination. Not to mention playing Villa out of position and then expecting wonders when he is surrounded by crap. The facial expression on Villa's face??? Could care less.

Villa doesnt speak English (well) and is from Spain, so him showing his frustration in hand gestures and facial expressions is hardly over the top. He was subbed off for no reason. Kreis is the problem.

Subbing Villa Diskerud and Alvarez while keeping on Grabavoy and Jacobson are the type of actions that deserve real criticism and examination. Not the facial expression on Villa's face.

Agreed. You can make a good argument that Alvarez was the best player on the pitch, and you take him off along with your two best players?

Grabavoy should not be on any MLS team, let alone starting for a NYC team. Start Poku for the love of god. He's can't be any worse.

Agreed. You can make a good argument that Alvarez was the best player on the pitch, and you take him off along with your two best players?

Grabavoy should not be on any MLS team, let alone starting for a NYC team. Start Poku for the love of god. He's can't be any worse.

Exactly. There are so many people who go in circles to defend Kreis and his actions. Ive been pretty quiet about it till now. Kreis is a lousy and overrated coach. I understand he doesnt have the best talent to work with, what I dont understand is why he Subs out the Talent he does have or keeps them on the bench. Its been the same story for weeks.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Let's be honest. The guy has played with some world class players that delivered the ball on the money for him his entire career. And we can't string 2 passes together.
Yes, he's visibly disappointed and I don't really blame him.
I blame him. He was garbage tonight. A 4 for me.

There's a giant space between thinking Villa deserves criticism and thinking he's "the problem with this team" and you filled it with straw men.
Exactly. Villa got pulled tonight because he sucked balls. He tracked back, but he looked out of sorts any time the ball was played to him.

I don't understand people who can't distinguish caring for a team and criticising the performances. Our team is garbage. Villa was one of the most garbage tonight.

I still wouldn't trade places with a Jersey fan for 10 wins.

Reactions: Gene and BxLio91
I criticize villa. But he shouldn't have been taken off.

If we don't get better at the back, we'll never have a prayer. We suck going forward becaus our midfield is chained to our own goal via the suckitude that is our backline. We have a complete roster, and not one MLS caliber defender.

Honestly. We started RJ Allen, and he was an improvement. That's all there is to say.

And by God, if we don't take off Gravavoy, I'm going to lose my goddam mind.

Last edited:
So come on now. After those first two head scratching subs (no matter how well they worked out) and whatever sort of sense they made -- when the third sub was announced and it was for Ballouchy to come in, who beside me thought "Kreis has given up on this game and he's just trying to wind up Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan." ?

So come on now. After those first two head scratching subs (no matter how well they worked out) and whatever sort of sense they made -- when the third sub was announced and it was for Ballouchy to come in, who beside me thought "Kreis has given up on this game and he's just trying to wind up Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan." ?
Oh my god. The people next to me took to fist bumping me on every bad Ballouchy touch. So every Ballouchy touch.

He's so unredeemably fucking horrid.

Reactions: Gavin23
I criticize villa. But he shouldn't have been taken off.

If we don't get better at the back, we'll never have a prayer. We suck going forward becaus our midfield is chained to our own goal via the suckitude that is our backline. We have a complete roster, and not one MLS caliber defender.

Honestly. We started RJ Allen, and he was an improvement. That's all ther is to say.

And by God, if we don't take off Gravavoy, I'm going to lose my goddam mind.
Allen might have set the all-time team record for quality crosses.

If we ever had anyone in the box, those might be useful. Apparently, we think goals are awarded for passing the ball round without it ever touching the ground inside the 18.

I was at the game so I haven't seen a replay yet. Was Wingert offside on the goal?

With 2.

I saw one of our fans in the NYCFC section with a sky blue jersey with Peugeot as the sponsor hold his head in his hands when he saw that it was Ballouchy getting subbed in. I just started to laugh because I told myself that was probably Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan or his astral projection.

Wingert should have been the first sub. Sub that crap with more crap. Grabavoy second sub. Fuck it, grabavoy needs to not even be in the game to start with. We have some of the talent. It's just not being used right. The good players we have are all playing out of position. Every single fucking one of them! I understand we have some real shit on our team but what the fuck is Kreis doing? It even pisses me off that he sits 98% of the game. Get the fuck up and coach the fucking team!!! Someone get his ass on this message board so I can curse him the fuck out!

If we ever had anyone in the box, those might be useful. Apparently, we think goals are awarded for passing the ball round without it ever touching the ground inside the 18.
But we had possession! I fantasize about dropkicking Barça bandwagoners who think possession is everything. It doesn't mean a fucking thing if you're not shooting at the goal and scoring goals.
Wingert was barely offside. He should have dropped behind the last ED defender but he stole a few inches and that was the difference. We're lucky Miazga got sent off. Otherwise we would have gotten trounced. This should light a fire and get everyone off their asses but from what we've seen from Kreis, he'll continue putting his RSL guys out there until we're dead last.

And I've been bitching and moaning about Wingert at CB for weeks now. He's too slow, too short and not imposing physically. He's not the answer Kreis for fucks sake. Call back Mendoza and throw him in the deep end. Keeping him in Wilmington won't solve our problems.
On the first goal 4 mins in there were 2 defenders watching Sam cross the ball, 3 guys THREE marking each other on the near post while Williams was stuck in between ET and another ED player less than 6 yards away from goal with the other player all alone at the far post.

With 2.

I saw one of our fans in the NYCFC section with a sky blue jersey with Peugeot as the sponsor hold his head in his hands when he saw that it was Ballouchy getting subbed in. I just started to laugh because I told myself that was probably Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan or his astral projection.
I figure no one has told our FO that Jordan Morris is not draft eligible. They must confusedly be tanking for JoMo. It's the only explanation for our roster and the playing decisions.