Away - 3/31 San Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, how often do we travel guys that don't make the 18, barring a last minute scratch? I've never really checked the travel list so I have no idea.

On a long trip like this, probably all the non-injured guys will travel since they'll be there for a few days, and you wouldn't want the non-18 guys to miss so many training sessions.

Hard to know what to think of San Jose so far. They do seem to have upgraded nicely in the offseason and are a talented bunch. Still, they've only played two games so far - a win over Minnesota and a loss to Sporting KC. Both games were 3-2.

Against Minnesota, they bossed the first half, leading 2-0, but then conceded a lot of possession and let in two goals after grabbing a 3-0 lead. Against Sporting KC, they conceded possession the whole match, even after going down 3-1. Still, they had as many chances as Sporting KC, but weren't as good at finishing. San Jose actually had a slightly higher expected goals in the SKC match (1.5 to 1.25) and was well above Minnesota in their match (2.05 to 1.10).

I think this is a pretty good team, particularly on offense. Their defense has not been strong - they are the team that had the shambolic defending on Graham Zusi's curler a couple weeks ago. Zusi in fact made mincemeat of the left side of their defense in that game. I have to think Jesus and Tinnerholm can do the same.

Tentative prediction is a high scoring 3-2 type win.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Injury Report: https://www.nycfc.com/post/2018/03/30/injury-report-villa-healthy-earthquakes-test

29920709_1902771116400645_41065711_n.jpg

You wouldn’t put Wallace on the bench? I’d say that drops Tummy. But knowing PV, poor Lewis gets to watch from the stands.
It's a tough call. Given the travel and missed training, I think Wallace might sit this one out, but since he didn't play the last game, perhaps he will be in the 18 or even start. If he does make the 18, probably JLew will leave the bench, but maybe TMac.

I honestly have no idea who half of these names refer to. Who is Shredem, IBigger, and Stoove?
Tajouri-Shradi, Ibeagha, and Stuver.

Hopefully this is a better match then the last time we played in San Jose. That was that 0-0 snooze fest, that I'm pretty sure started at 10pm.

Hopefully this is a better match then the last time we played in San Jose. That was that 0-0 snooze fest, that I'm pretty sure started at 10pm.

It was a snoozefest. And it started at 11 PM.

It was a snoozefest. And it started at 11 PM.

I remember it because it was the night of the 2016 Olympic Opening Ceremony, so I was flipping back and forth between events before I couldn't take that snoozer anymore.

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.