Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Another road match coming up at Crew.
Broadcast - YES, WFAN, WADO
Saturday 7:30

Missed last nights and will watch condensed when available.

Thoughts on next weeks?

With the return of Premier League football, it's going to be a Double City Saturday for any fans of Cynergy. Man City at 12:30 vs. Sunderland then New York City at 7:30.
Enjoy Saturdays like that now and in the near future.... You're even fine once you're married, but once you have a kid(s), those glorious Saturdays filled with soccer will either be a distant memory or the precursor to divorce.

Enjoy Saturdays like that now and in the near future.... You're even fine once you're married, but once you have a kid(s), those glorious Saturdays filled with soccer will either be a distant memory or the precursor to divorce.

My son likes waking up early and watching the Prem and La Liga for most of the weekend even more than I do. Why would this lead to divorce? I don't understand.

My son likes waking up early and watching the Prem and La Liga for most of the weekend even more than I do. Why would this lead to divorce? I don't understand.
Think he meant if you have babies as you have many other responsibilities and can't be a couch potato all day. I'm looking forward to waking up at 7 and there being 0 shits given till 2.

I have been engaged for months and I have figured that out. What she promised to watch soccer together with me is a damn lie. If and when I have a son, I will try to make him a Messi, partially as my revenge. :)

Is your son older than 2?

I have been engaged for months and I have figured that out. What she promised to watch soccer together with me is a damn lie. If and when I have a son, I will try to make him a Messi, partially as my revenge. :)
I used to think that way. Then I had girls.

Dude. Don't discount the wonder of having girls.

Reactions: NYC24
Good stuff. At that age, my oldest used to yell "touchdown" when someone would score a goal. He was basically disinterested in sports until about age 5. Then it was all he cared about - like someone flipped switch.

I have a friend who experienced the exact opposite. His son was all into sports until we started noticing his interest wane at 11. By the time he hit 12, he wanted nothing to do with it. Not even as a spectator. It was strange to witness because we really thought the kid had a future in baseball. He is now attending NYU as a psych major.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulrich
There is much truth in this. I certainly can't lie around watching games like I used to, but I also have a buddy for game day at the stadium now. It gets better as they get older.
Yeah, I'm hoping next season brings much more flexibility with game watching. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, only 16months, but the little one loves watching Olympic volleyball (both indoor and outdoor) while pointing at the tv and saying "b-aalll" over and over. She hasn't done it with soccer yet, and I'm hoping it's only a matter of time. I'd really be stoked if I could get her to say "Pearoh"

Reactions: NYC24 and JayH
My daughter is a competitive dancer, and really doesn't like typical sports. But she likes going to NYCFC matches, particularly because we went to a meet and greet last season and send-off this season. Almost every time on the way to the stadium she asks "are we going to meet the players?"

Her and I share an iCloud and the other day I noticed the ESPN app on my phone for this fist time. I asked her about it, and she said it's the easiest way for her to check soccer scores, which I definitely didn't expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.