Away - May 11 - LA Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I submitted a ticket. Can’t seem to figure it out. Hopefully I can sooner than later because it takes them forever to answer.
I’m at work right now.

No worries bro. Just pointing it out. I think we can live w/o GIFs for a bit :). Work is way more important. Thanks for looking into it!

You don't like Maxi instead of Ofori? Maybe it ends up a bit more like a 3-3-1-3. I think we were talking about how in the attacking phase, Dome's 3-4-3 is very much like Bielsa's 3-3-1-3, but with less forward running from one of the midfielders. Maxi instead of Ofori would make it pretty much just Bielsa's 3-3-1-3.

Mitri - Heber - Isi
Maxi
Mata - Ring - Tinny
Callens - Sands - Chanot
This Galaxy game is a great matchup for this lineup. With Pontius and Ibra playing their 3rd game in 8 days, there is no way they are going to be pressuring our back line much so when we possess we should be able to start our offense much higher up the field which will make it easier for Maxi to play instead of Ofori because he will have less ground to cover.

Ibra and JDS are brilliant but LAG is not constructed to be effective against NYCFC when they are on short rest. The second half of the RSL game the Galaxy were outshot something like 15-3 and had almost no attacking play -- it wouldn't surprise me if the final 70-75 minutes are like that in our game.

Kind of feel like when Mitrita comes back we have to go to a 3-4-1-2.

----Mitrita-Heber------
---------Maxi----
Mata-Ring-Ofori-Tinn---
-Chanot-Sands-Callens-

I want ITS starting, I just don't know where you fit him in when Mitrita is healthy.

----Mitrita-Heber------
---------Maxi----
Mata-Ring-Ofori-Tinn---
-Chanot-Sands-Callens-

I want ITS starting, I just don't know where you fit him in when Mitrita is healthy.
If ITS isn’t starting, then the locker room will go back to square one with the reported discontent.

Reactions: Kjbert
OK, but where do you start him if Mitrita is healthy assuming you want to keep the same formation?
Not my problem. Poor roster creation (redundant players/positions) vs chosen formation.

It’s been commented on plenty that there was a lack of foresight to sign/carry so many wingers/forwards if the chosen tactics/formation utilizes so few while activating nearly the entire group of CB/L-RWB. And there is a very legitimate concern that the veteran players are more comfortable/supportive of ITS and his style of play/passing/work rate than they are with Mitrita who has shown a stubborn streak of selfishness and not passing/defending.

This Ofori injury actually solves some problems if we put Maxi at the 8 as Christopher Jee Christopher Jee suggested.
giphy.gif

Not my problem. Poor roster creation (redundant players/positions) vs chosen formation.

It’s been commented on plenty that there was a lack of foresight to sign/carry so many wingers/forwards if the chosen tactics/formation utilizes so few while activating nearly the entire group of CB/L-RWB. And there is a very legitimate concern that the veteran players are more comfortable/supportive of ITS and his style of play/passing/work rate than they are with Mitrita who has shown a stubborn streak of selfishness and not passing/defending.

Of course the roster construction is weird considering the formation, but this is what we have. It's not changing. So now we have to deal with an imperfect situation. Throwing your hands up isn't an option.

Of course the roster construction is weird considering the formation, but this is what we have. It's not changing. So now we have to deal with an imperfect situation. Throwing your hands up isn't an option.
I find it difficult to believe there isn’t another formation/tactics that can be used that plays to the strengths of the roster, but as I said before, it’s not my problem.

I simply stated that the formation you posited, sets up another episode of locker room discord concerning ITS. To disregard that, saying “this is what we have” is very much the act of “throwing your hands up.” A good manager doesn’t just manage the product on the field, they also manage the egos in the locker room. We’ve already seen that result in a fire. Seeing it flare up again will be, well, (to put it mildly) willful ignorance.

----Mitrita-Heber------
---------Maxi----
Mata-Ring-Ofori-Tinn---
-Chanot-Sands-Callens-

I feel like this has been the formation all along - Maxi drops so deep and central to receive the ball and shuttle forward that his status as a winger is rather nominal.

Now, if we end up with Ofori being replaced by a winger, I think that puts us in more of a 3-3-1-3. That's a fairly aggressive formation against a team like the Galaxy.

I feel like this has been the formation all along - Maxi drops so deep and central to receive the ball and shuttle forward that his status as a winger is rather nominal.

Now, if we end up with Ofori being replaced by a winger, I think that puts us in more of a 3-3-1-3. That's a fairly aggressive formation against a team like the Galaxy.
Or (really should stop saying this), Keaton Parks comes into the starting XI.

If we say it enough, it will happen

You don't like Maxi instead of Ofori? Maybe it ends up a bit more like a 3-3-1-3. I think we were talking about how in the attacking phase, Dome's 3-4-3 is very much like Bielsa's 3-3-1-3, but with less forward running from one of the midfielders. Maxi instead of Ofori would make it pretty much just Bielsa's 3-3-1-3.

Mitri - Heber - Isi
Maxi
Mata - Ring - Tinny
Callens - Sands - Chanot
I don't like Maxi has an 8. It puts unnecessary miles on him when we have other players and that can do that work.

Maxi as an enganche would be perfect. It would let him roam and do whatever with no defensive responsibility.

I just don't think we have the fullbacks to pull it off. They would tuck inside the midfield, and we have not looked great doing that.

I would rather stick with the 343/3412 we have now.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Play it safe and try and nick a point or a late winner.

If Ofori can’t go, bring in Seb to play in the back and if Sands is healthy, push him next to Ring.

We should try and play this one safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.