Away - September 22 - Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Scally will be getting any time or be a part of the trip down to Dallas. Saw in an Instagram post from NYCFC (and/or Taty) that he was part of the training squad that won the intrasquad scrimmage at the end of practice. If he's playing in those scrimmages at the end of practice I would presume he is well on the mend and possibly ready for game time. I hope he gets a few minutes in one or two of the remaining regular season games so we can see him play and also give Tinny a rest heading into the playoffs.

really don't see Scally getting any time unless we are very comfortably in the lead and it's in the later stages of the game.. say 88th minute or higher and it's 4-0. At this point it's simply to give him his debut and not to get him game time for actual fitness and experience. we'll more than likely see him for the first time next year.

I'm really not worried about rest since we are very likely to have a bunch of time off between that Philly game and our first opponent (this is assuming we get the bye, which could be a foregone conclusion by next week).

Also, in their 5 home draws, 2 were 0-0 and Dallas scored first in each of the other 3, and led 2-0 in one of them. Meanwhile NYC has
won seven games in which it was behind at some point. Just saying don't be surprised if Dallas scores first yet we get a result.

i almost feel like we play better when we go behind and are chasing the game. when we score first, we let our foot off the pedal instead of continuing to attack and finish off the game. but when we go behind, we kind of wake up and chase the game and the fear of losing kind of gives us a kick in the ass.

I'd much prefer to score first and continue scoring to kill off the game. I think that's a mark of a championship team. But it's good to know we have the character to fight back if we go down. It's just a big concerning that it takes going down to really get us in gear sometimes.

Maxi ready for most of Dallas.
Heber a maybe for a little against Atlanta.
Sands probably for Philly.

Great news! It is a bit worrying that Maxi is only ready for 60 mins though considering he's had a lot of rest. Makes me wonder if his discomfort was more than that and was actually an injury of some sort. he was training with everyone though.. so i dunno.

So happy Heber is ahead of schedule. Having him back for a solid 30 minutes vs philly would be amazing. he could be our super sub in the 2nd half. they bring on ilsinho, we bring on heber.

Looking forward to having Sands back. He was the missing key to our defensive puzzle. I feel like our back line was always more solid with him in there, giving chanot and callens more freedom to defend and pressure knowing they have backup.

i almost feel like we play better when we go behind and are chasing the game. when we score first, we let our foot off the pedal instead of continuing to attack and finish off the game. but when we go behind, we kind of wake up and chase the game and the fear of losing kind of gives us a kick in the ass.

I'd much prefer to score first and continue scoring to kill off the game. I think that's a mark of a championship team. But it's good to know we have the character to fight back if we go down. It's just a big concerning that it takes going down to really get us in gear sometimes.
Same for me. I'd rather we get more clean sheets. Seven in the first 17 games and just 1 since. But since we are letting other teams score early, this is the next best thing.

Great news! It is a bit worrying that Maxi is only ready for 60 mins though considering he's had a lot of rest. Makes me wonder if his discomfort was more than that and was actually an injury of some sort. he was training with everyone though.. so i dunno.

So happy Heber is ahead of schedule. Having him back for a solid 30 minutes vs philly would be amazing. he could be our super sub in the 2nd half. they bring on ilsinho, we bring on heber.

Looking forward to having Sands back. He was the missing key to our defensive puzzle. I feel like our back line was always more solid with him in there, giving chanot and callens more freedom to defend and pressure knowing they have backup.
I think the biggest thing Sands brings is positional flexibility. His presence allows Dome to change tactics very easily as Sands can shift between CB (in a 3 or 4 man back line) and the 6.

Also, in their 5 home draws, 2 were 0-0 and Dallas scored first in each of the other 3, and led 2-0 in one of them. Meanwhile NYC has
won seven games in which it was behind at some point. Just saying don't be surprised if Dallas scores first yet we get a result.
NYCFC has historically played it's best when behind and throwing all caution to the wind. Doesn’t always work, but it tosses the idea of playing scared/too carefully while releasing the hounds. We’ve recently seen that again, and it was a mainstay under PV when there was really never an instant when it didn’t seem we were poised to score.

I think the biggest thing Sands brings is positional flexibility. His presence allows Dome to change tactics very easily as Sands can shift between CB (in a 3 or 4 man back line) and the 6.
Exactly. This has really been key - we can switch between a back 3 and a back 4 without any subs.

To be fair, Ring gives the same kind of flexibility, but having Sands brings the other benefit of letting Ring roam farther up the pitch as an 8 (ideally) or a 10.

When Sands is back, however, we will have the hard choice of deciding who comes off to make room for him. If we play Ring and Maxi as the other two center mids, then Keaton will go to the bench. If we play Ring and Keaton, with Maxi at right wing, then someone like Isi, Taty or Mitri will sit.

Decisions... decisions...

-------Taty
Mitri------------ITS
--------Maxi
----Ofori
-------------Ring
Mata--------------Anton
---Callens--Chanot
----------SJ

I expect Dome to go a little conservative, but still put forth as strong as a lineup as he can.

Parks for Maxi
Medina for Ofori (if down or tied)
Ibby for Mata (If up late)

Exactly. This has really been key - we can switch between a back 3 and a back 4 without any subs.

To be fair, Ring gives the same kind of flexibility, but having Sands brings the other benefit of letting Ring roam farther up the pitch as an 8 (ideally) or a 10.

When Sands is back, however, we will have the hard choice of deciding who comes off to make room for him. If we play Ring and Maxi as the other two center mids, then Keaton will go to the bench. If we play Ring and Keaton, with Maxi at right wing, then someone like Isi, Taty or Mitri will sit.

Decisions... decisions...

OR we sit Mata or Sweat and let Callens play as a LWB.

-------Taty
Mitri------------ITS
--------Maxi
----Ofori
-------------Ring
Mata--------------Anton
---Callens--Chanot
----------SJ

I expect Dome to go a little conservative, but still put forth as strong as a lineup as he can.

Parks for Maxi
Medina for Ofori (if down or tied)
Ibby for Mata (If up late)
This with Parks instead of Ofori. GMS and Medina offensive subs. Ofori, Ibby and Rocha defensive subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.