Big Apple Soccer Article on Players Meeting

Did PV really hamstring the side? If Lampard can't go 90 and Pirlo is hurt....well then you get stuck with Bravo, Lopez and McNamara.
I think PV did hamstring our team with the formation. If memory serves Toronto had never beaten us before Sunday. No reason to go away from the 4-3-3 formation we used for the bulk of the season to finish 2nd in the conference. If you play the 4-3-3 then Bravo and Lopez don't need to see the field even without Pirlo available. Mata, Brillant, Chanot, RJ in the back. Iraola and Lamps playing deep in CM with Mendoza/TMac at attacking CM. Harrison, Villa and TMac/Mendoza/Shelton up top. In mind Mendoza starts at attacking CM so you have one of Shelton or TMac to start at the wing spot opposite Harrison with the other guy as a sub off the bench.

And "stuck with McNamara"? In terms of goals and assists, he's our third leading point producer. You may not like him but don't put him in the same camp with Bravo and Lopez. He's proven to be a much better player than both of those guys.

PV wanted to play cynical and defensive for the first 60 minutes and then steal a goal at the end. This is why he played Lopez, he thought he could keep Frank fresh and play him only 30 minutes to smash and grab at the end.

At 75 minutes it was still defensive so he thought he could get Villa some rest and bring in Shelton to change the game with speed.

He was 7 minutes and an RJ Allen whiff over the bar away from achieving his goal.

If he doesn't start Lamps-Iraola-Pirlo as his midfield on Sunday I will throw something.

PV wanted to play cynical and defensive for the first 60 minutes and then steal a goal at the end. This is why he played Lopez, he thought he could keep Frank fresh and play him only 30 minutes to smash and grab at the end.

At 75 minutes it was still defensive so he thought he could get Villa some rest and bring in Shelton to change the game with speed.

He was 7 minutes and an RJ Allen whiff over the bar away from achieving his goal.

If he doesn't start Lamps-Iraola-Pirlo as his midfield on Sunday I will throw something.
I'd add to that that for the first 5 minutes of Shelton's appearance (before the TFC scramble goal) we actually looked a good chance to get that smash and grab. We had a moment or two of real opportunity down at their end.

Interesting thoughts here. I can get behind a theory that 1) Pirlo wasn't match fit 2) Lampard wasn't 90' fit and 3) he tried to play the game to a stalemate in the first 60 minutes and steal the game late. That actually makes a lot of sense if 1 and 2 are correct.

To be fair to PV, he was probably right. RJ Allen has two clear opportunities on goal and both goals were "soft."

Interesting thoughts here. I can get behind a theory that 1) Pirlo wasn't match fit 2) Lampard wasn't 90' fit and 3) he tried to play the game to a stalemate in the first 60 minutes and steal the game late. That actually makes a lot of sense if 1 and 2 are correct.

To be fair to PV, he was probably right. RJ Allen has two clear opportunities on goal and both goals were "soft."
They were EA AIDS goals. If you play FIFA video games, you know what I mean.

Ummmm please refer to the recent Nazi flag in supporters section shit show

There's a difference between reporting what sources are telling you, and reporting what you think you see, or what fans believe they saw. That's not the same thing.

Also, I trust Michael Lewis a hell of a lot more than I trust Christian Araos. The first one is a longtime, well-regarded journalist. The other one, and I mean him no disrespect when I say this, but Christian is a kid trying to get his start in the industry. Big difference. The kid is going to make far more mistakes than the veteran.

As for those saying I have a naive view of journalism, I don't. I'd rather not explain myself other than to say that I'm part of the journalism industry, so I have a very acute understanding of how the industry works. I can tell you that no reporter is going to **intentionally** put out bad information.

This article was posted yesterday, unfortunately no way to know when the interview was. However it makes the case that Vieira has a very good relationship with his designated players, so I think any talk of Vieira losing the locker room is a bit premature.

(link in French)

http://www.francefootball.fr/news/P...ene-wenger-ne-m-a-pas-montre-le-chemin/744261
I think "losing the locker room" is not necessarily what has been discussed as a possibility. Players last year revolted because of the distrust they had in Kreis' decisions over the entire season. They would have looked at Kreis like he was a child if he told them to run through a wall. That's different than the possibility of the players disagreeing with a single game, albeit one that may have sunk their season, and galvanizing them into the communal agreement that they'd rather go down playing "their game" rather than trying to out-think the opposition (which worked so splendidly). They haven't lost faith in PV, but they don't want PV to lose faith in them (I.e. The style they've started to master) - and by being galvanized, it presents a unified front of everybody being on the same page for Sunday.

I think "losing the locker room" is not necessarily what has been discussed as a possibility. Players last year revolted because of the distrust they had in Kreis' decisions over the entire season. They would have looked at Kreis like he was a child if he told them to run through a wall. That's different than the possibility of the players disagreeing with a single game, albeit one that may have sunk their season, and galvanizing them into the communal agreement that they'd rather go down playing "their game" rather than trying to out-think the opposition (which worked so splendidly). They haven't lost faith in PV, but they don't want PV to lose faith in them (I.e. The style they've started to master) - and by being galvanized, it presents a unified front of everybody being on the same page for Sunday.

Again, if you're not fit to play, you're not fit to play.

The ONLY guy here who has an argument to make is Tommy McNamara. No one else should complain.

As for those saying I have a naive view of journalism, I don't. I'd rather not explain myself other than to say that I'm part of the journalism industry, so I have a very acute understanding of how the industry works. I can tell you that no reporter is going to **intentionally** put out bad information.
That was me (perhaps among others). I didn't want to characterize you as naive but rather the comment of "Reporters don't lie," as naive. And here again, that "no reporter is going to **intentionally** put out bad information." There are so many examples of journalists fabricating for any number of reasons, I don't even know where to begin. Go Google "journalist lies".

http://www.ranker.com/list/journalists-who-lied/mel-judson

That's the first hit. There are 29 million more results. It seems you want to defend the industry, and I believe there are far more ethical journalists than there are liars/frauds. But to say no reporter lies is a naive statement.

Reactions: Goodfella
This article was posted yesterday, unfortunately no way to know when the interview was. However it makes the case that Vieira has a very good relationship with his designated players, so I think any talk of Vieira losing the locker room is a bit premature.

(link in French)

http://www.francefootball.fr/news/P...ene-wenger-ne-m-a-pas-montre-le-chemin/744261
I am with Ulrich. This is not at all what I took from this whole report. This is a good thing for the team if they bond together and push forward to give it a real go Sunday. I suspect they wanted to put it all on themselves, AFTER they had a nice private vent session wondering WTF was going on there.

I am with Ulrich. This is not at all what I took from this whole report. This is a good thing for the team if they bond together and push forward to give it a real go Sunday. I suspect they wanted to put it all on themselves, AFTER they had a nice private vent session wondering WTF was going on there.
Good takes, after consideration I think Ulrich Ulrich is spot on with his take.

Man would I have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation. Too bad we didn't even get any names.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Again, I think the term "mutiny" is ill suited and EoS is using it as click-bait, because even if there truly was a meeting, to vent or whatever, it's easy to refute by every player as never happening if "mutiny" is what's being probed for.

I also remember last year every player denying there was locker room turmoil regarding Kreis and yet we know for a fact there was. Players are smart and know when to button it up and tout the company line, especially when the team has to be fully focused and galvanized for the task ahead. My belief is that's tuesday's uncharacteristic day off from training was so that everybody could reset their minds and emotions, and they've moved past whatever may have transpired.

Reactions: Kjbert