Big Apple Soccer Article on Players Meeting

I respect Vieira more through this. I get the impression he knows he fucked it up, but he's owning the lineup choices. No players under the bus (Kreis). Despite being a star player, this is his first coaching gig with results that are analyzed to death. He seems like the type to learn from this.

I hope.

I respect Vieira more through this. I get the impression he knows he fucked it up, but he's owning the lineup choices. No players under the bus (Kreis). Despite being a star player, this is his first coaching gig with results that are analyzed to death. He seems like the type to learn from this.

I hope.

Do you agree that Pirlo and Lampard were not fully match fit?

I don't think there's a need to agree.

Pirlo definitely wasn't.

Lampard said he has been fit for a while now so who knows.

Personally, I have no reason to believe that Pirlo wasn't injured. I think Vieira sees Lampard as a sub at this point.

When he came on on Sunday, I was like holy shit where has this Frank been all year. Then he petered out after 10 minutes or so. I think he just doesn't have it to give for 90 minutes and he's best used for a sub, and Vieira sees that.

Not to say he won't start this sunday, but I think that would be an all hands on deck, Frank give us every drop before you retire, thing. Hope not though. If it were me, without Pirlo and Lampard, I'd play McNamara and Mendoza at CM with Iraola at CDM, I think the two CDM set is too defensive without Pirlo, and Bravo is just not as good as Iraola right now. McNamara is underrated defensively, and Mendoza has been less bad than the other options there so far, at least he can hold the ball.

Personally, I have no reason to believe that Pirlo wasn't injured. I think Vieira sees Lampard as a sub at this point.

When he came on on Sunday, I was like holy shit where has this Frank been all year. Then he petered out after 10 minutes or so. I think he just doesn't have it to give for 90 minutes and he's best used for a sub, and Vieira sees that.

Not to say he won't start this sunday, but I think that would be an all hands on deck, Frank give us every drop before you retire, thing. Hope not though. If it were me, without Pirlo and Lampard, I'd play McNamara and Mendoza at CM with Iraola at CDM, I think the two CDM set is too defensive without Pirlo, and Bravo is just not as good as Iraola right now. McNamara is underrated defensively, and Mendoza has been less bad than the other options there so far, at least he can hold the ball.

I think we agree on the line-up if Lampard and Pirlo are not healthy. Iraola holds with two CAMs in front of him.

I don't agree that PV thinks Lampard is a sub. I think Lampard isn't fit. But that's my two cents.

Need to go for it Sunday. Rather lose 5-2 then 1-0.

I think we agree on the line-up if Lampard and Pirlo are not healthy. Iraola holds with two CAMs in front of him.

I don't agree that PV thinks Lampard is a sub. I think Lampard isn't fit. But that's my two cents.

Need to go for it Sunday. Rather lose 5-2 then 1-0.
Seeing how much Vieira learned from last week will reveal a lot about his character and coaching future. I think he's already done well saying I make the lineups, you criticize them.

Seeing how much Vieira learned from last week will reveal a lot about his character and coaching future. I think he's already done well saying I make the lineups, you criticize them.

I think he was more hamstrung in his decision making than we realize. If you don't have Pirlo and Lampard, you pretty much have to try and park the bus for 90 minutes. You're just not afforded depth in MLS.

I still would have started McNamara because fuck Toronto. That's why. I think he puts in an underrated defensive shift.

I think he was more hamstrung in his decision making than we realize. If you don't have Pirlo and Lampard, you pretty much have to try and park the bus for 90 minutes. You're just not afforded depth in MLS.

I still would have started McNamara because fuck Toronto. That's why. I think he puts in an underrated defensive shift.
Them going into that game with old Pirlo and older Lampard with no backups is a problem of their own making. They have had all year to get one competent backup at CM and didn't.