Bless Their Hearts (RBNJ Talk Here)

Honestly all the RB fans at the stadium tonight were classy and it was a fun atmosphere.

We make our jokes and our digs, but if we're being honest, that fan is right. NYCFC is a sleeping giant. When that stadium comes, we're going to take off.
There was one guy in 125 who was trying to rile up three entire sections throughout the second half. He kept trying to talk shit and motion at the home fans, even after we took the lead back. Birds galore.

There was one guy in 125 who was trying to rile up three entire sections throughout the second half. He kept trying to talk shit and motion at the home fans, even after we took the lead back. Birds galore.

Alright I shouldn't have said all. All the ones I saw were fun. Of course there always have to be some clowns.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
was in 126. guy was annoying.

The whole tottenham/arsenal debacle from the second to last matchday in the PL made me think of an interesting thought experiment.
NJRB in second in supporter shield standings, NYCFC need to win to make the playoffs (this case assumes that an NYCFC loss would drop us out of playoffs bc another team would overtake us). NYCFC plays the team in 1st in the SS standings on the final matchday. Assuming RB win, would you rather NYCFC lose so RB can't get the SS but NYCFC also misses the playoffs, or would you rather playoffs and screw the salad plate?

The whole tottenham/arsenal debacle from the second to last matchday in the PL made me think of an interesting thought experiment.
NJRB in second in supporter shield standings, NYCFC need to win to make the playoffs (this case assumes that an NYCFC loss would drop us out of playoffs bc another team would overtake us). NYCFC plays the team in 1st in the SS standings on the final matchday. Assuming RB win, would you rather NYCFC lose so RB can't get the SS but NYCFC also misses the playoffs, or would you rather playoffs and screw the salad plate?

the shield is meaningless based on merit these days. The cup is similarly meaningless for the same reasons, but in american sports, the CHAMPION is the one who survives the playoffs and wins it all regardless of your table standing.

i don't think it's comparable to spurs/arsenal. let NJ have the shield if we get a chance at the cup. As long as they don't get a cup, we'll always have one over them no matter how many shields they have.

the shield is meaningless based on merit these days. The cup is similarly meaningless for the same reasons, but in american sports, the CHAMPION is the one who survives the playoffs and wins it all regardless of your table standing.

i don't think it's comparable to spurs/arsenal. let NJ have the shield if we get a chance at the cup. As long as they don't get a cup, we'll always have one over them no matter how many shields they have.
Meaning is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I respect the shield.

And I say play every match to win. Even if we were already knocked out of the playoffs. Play to win. If NJ achieves something in part because we won, so be it. Always play to win.

I don't quite know what to think about this. I didn't see a John Tolkin twitter account when I looked at the time this news broke, but maybe he was super fast about taking it down. I also think there are reasons a person could like wacky posts like those without actually believing them, but that's thinner ice.

I don't quite know what to think about this. I didn't see a John Tolkin twitter account when I looked at the time this news broke, but maybe he was super fast about taking it down. I also think there are reasons a person could like wacky posts like those without actually believing them, but that's thinner ice.
This is his account here: x.com

He responded to a RB fan calling the team out which led to fans discovering his likes. Shortly after it blew up, he made his account private.