Blues Again Pursuing Spanish Gk, Iker Casillas

LA has all that extra money from Omar and Juninho's sale in addition to the freed salary.

I read that they weren't given allocation money for Omar. They were given allocation money for Juninho.

Another reason Poku will be sold

Reactions: SoupInNYC
If we sell Poku before winning 5 consecutive MLS cups, I'm going to be like that xmen cartoon meme of Wolverine holding Jean's picture.
wolvie.JPG

Last edited:
Would be another international spot but this would probably mean Johannson is gone. What are the chances Villa gets his green card before 2017? He's been here since 2014, no?

As per his agent, not anytime soon.

Boooooooooo. Thanks for the info though.

And in regards to trading for an international spot, yeah they usually aren't much and it will likely just be allocation money, but that allocation money is limited and is absolutely crucial to building an MLS Cup team.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
For those of you who think Casillas coming in would be the wrong move, Alberto Moreno agrees with you.

Moreno: Casillas wrong target for NYCFC http://www.espn.co.uk/video/latest-videos/600/video/2800978
I agree that he is not right, but to say we should spend the money elsewhere, on the defense that was so porous? We have! Matarrita gives us one of the best LBs in the league, and Brillant should be an upgrade from Facey. We should definitely go after a GK, but a guy who seems to be falling off his form doesn't make sense for any team. I feel that kennedy, Meara and Macmath have been available for the right price and would all be upgrades. The roster management at GK has been a joke.

Reactions: Majik
I agree that he is not right, but to say we should spend the money elsewhere, on the defense that was so porous? We have! Matarrita gives us one of the best LBs in the league, and Brillant should be an upgrade from Facey. We should definitely go after a GK, but a guy who seems to be falling off his form doesn't make sense for any team. I feel that kennedy, Meara and Macmath have been available for the right price and would all be upgrades. The roster management at GK has been a joke.
Meara would be an upgrade? We all saw what he was capable of last year at Chicago.

Edit: Just for funsies, here was our lineup for that game against Chicago

Nemec-Shelton
Jacobson (red-carded)-Mix-Grabavoy-Ballouchy
Calle-KWS-Wingert-Brovsky
Meara

Mullins, Velasquez, and Matt Dunn were all subbed on. Oh, and Poku was on the bench and stayed there.

What a difference a full offseason makes to a roster.

Meara would be an upgrade? We all saw what he was capable of last year at Chicago.

Edit: Just for funsies, here was our lineup for that game against Chicago

Nemec-Shelton
Jacobson (red-carded)-Mix-Grabavoy-Ballouchy
Calle-KWS-Wingert-Brovsky
Meara

Mullins, Velasquez, and Matt Dunn were all subbed on. Oh, and Poku was on the bench and stayed there.

What a difference a full offseason makes to a roster.
1ee3df42e45428ee138ae7af5c139b70620d225b01185f7751e6b6e1dfa64b60.jpg