• Not Bayern

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Shwafta

MLS Cup Attendee
Elite Donor
Jan 16, 2018
Long Island
I didn't realize how close we are to the start of the season! Welcome to Bundesliga 23/24. (and 2. Bundeslida, which begins TODAY)

This season features the first ever Bundesliga appearance for FC Heidenheim. Looking forward to seeing what they can bring!
Fun fact: "1." and "2." etc. mean "1st, 2nd" in German - meaning "2. Bundesliga" should be read as "second Bundesliga" and "1. FC Koln" should be read as "first FC Koln"

Teams (Promoted, Defending Champion):
FC Augsburg
Union Berlin
VfL Bochum
Werder Bremen
Darmstadt 98
Borussia Dortmund
Eintracht Frankfurt
SC Freiburg
1. FC Heidenheim
1899 Hoffenheim
1. FC Köln
RB Leipzig
Bayer Leverkusen
Mainz 05
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Bayern Munich
VfB Stuttgart
VfL Wolfsburg

2nd league opened with probably game of the season for either Bundesliga today.
Not gonna spoil, but if you wanna see one of the most entertaining matches of the year, open up ESPN and replay the whole thing.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Saint Pauli are my team as far as Germany goes so thanks for the heads up 2nd bundesliga started keep an eye on it tomorrow now .

Reactions: Schwallacus
Looking like Tottenham have accepted Bayern's latest offer for Kane. Athletic reporting as well. If this is true, this basically seals the title for bayern again this year. Sigh.

ThE Kane Sane Mane memes were so close from being true... Too bad mane left

Looking like Tottenham have accepted Bayern's latest offer for Kane. Athletic reporting as well. If this is true, this basically seals the title for bayern again this year. Sigh.

kane is quality.

but i would be very happy if bayern still played terribly and didn't win the title. ha. and no, not because i want dortmund to win. i want someone else entirely.

It’s actually starting to look like Kane is going to elect to turn down the move and stay at spurs . We will see .

Reactions: JayH

It’s actually starting to look like Kane is going to elect to turn down the move and stay at spurs . We will see .
Reject and join Man U next summer 👹🏆

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta
Reject and join Man U next summer 👹🏆
Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: JayH and Shwafta
"after all" the weird rumors about him possibly rejecting were started by some English media that were huffing hard copium. "But shearer but shearer!" Or some shit.

I wish all transfers were done behind closed doors with none of this journalist bullshit.

Reactions: JayH
"after all" the weird rumors about him possibly rejecting were started by some English media that were huffing hard copium. "But shearer but shearer!" Or some shit.

I wish all transfers were done behind closed doors with none of this journalist bullshit.
Yes. It has finally been Fabrizio’d.

Yes. It has finally been Fabrizio’d.
Even fabrizio recently has been doing a lot of clickbaity nothing rumors and stuff. Very annoying. I don't want transfer sagas. I just wanna know when a deal is done. IDGAF how much the teams are bidding and counter-offering. Sry rant over

BL2 is insane rn. Schalke have completely imploded, it's super sad. Top of the league is hamburg-dominated, and only a few points separate the top like 10 teams.
BL itself has also started off too, it's cool to see so many teams doing well to start off the season. I can't see mainz continuing to struggle as they've been, so I can see the relegation battle opening up soon. Good on Heidenheim for starting off strong.

I don't know what to fucking say anymore about Gio Reyna and Dortmund.

Gio has been on the bench for Dortmund since their UCL game against PSG on Sep 19. He didn't get into that game, which Dortmund lost 2-0.

He then didn't get into the following two Bundesliga matches, which Dortmund won 1-0 and 3-1. One explanation was that Dortmund did not want to sub him in when they needed defense.

Yesterday, he was on the bench for the 0-0 draw against AC Milan, and didn't get into the game, even though Dortmund were at home and chasing a goal. They replaced their entire front 4 attackers. No Gio.

What's particularly frustrating about this is that it follows a similar pattern last spring that arguably cost Dortmund the title. Gio had played well during the season, but had missed a lot of time. After he returned from his last injury in mid-April, he was on the bench in the last 7 Bundesliga games, playing in 6. When he played, he was effective, with 2 goals and 2 assists in 87 minutes.

In the last game of the season, Dortmund needed to beat Mainz in order to collect the Bundesliga title. They quickly went down 2-0. Reyna finally entered in the 63rd minute. Over the rest of the game, he assisted on 2 goals, got off 3 good shots and provided the "assist" on 3 more shots that weren't scored. But, Dortmund couldn't crawl back from the deficit and lost the title.

Over all of last season, Gio played 625 Bundesliga minutes. He averaged 1.30 G+A/90, best in the league for anyone with over 100 minutes. Second best on Dortmund was Sebastian Haller with 0.88. If you take the 4 midfielders who are getting time instead of Reyna (Reus, Chan, Wolf & Brandt), they together had 1.55 G+A/90 - better than Gio all by himself, but not by much.

If they aren't going to play the man, I am not going to feel sorry for them when they get the results they deserve.

Leverkusen are the real deal. It's actually crazy!

Bayern are doing well this season, only dropped 13 points, but Leverkusen are making them look like children.

Mainz collapse which to be honest I expected years ago, I wonder if they're going to find a way to escape like they did miraculously a few seasons ago? Not looking likely. I don't think 30 is going to be safe for relegation playoff this year, kinda like last year

Leverkusen are the real deal. It's actually crazy!

Bayern are doing well this season, only dropped 13 points, but Leverkusen are making them look like children.

Mainz collapse which to be honest I expected years ago, I wonder if they're going to find a way to escape like they did miraculously a few seasons ago? Not looking likely. I don't think 30 is going to be safe for relegation playoff this year, kinda like last year
I still expect Bayern to win it on the last day 😂 but it would be great if they don’t .

Loving what Saint Pauli are doing in the second .

• Haha
I still expect Bayern to win it on the last day 😂 but it would be great if they don’t .

Loving what Saint Pauli are doing in the second .
If Bayern come back from this... I'll be shocked. 8 points behind, Leverkusen look unstoppable, and Bayern is in free-fall.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Just found this thread. I must have missed it during The Crisis. Let's talk Die Bundesliga, my friends. #FurchtlosUndTreu 🇩🇪

[Side note: BVB was getting manhandled by Atlético early in the Champions League, but they're fighting their way back as I write this. PSG and Barcelona are in a barn burner in the other match.]