Bundesliga 2021/2022

Schwallacus Shwafta Shwafta (or others with knowledge about German soccer), what's the reputation and level of 2. Bundesliga? How would relegation affect Pepi's trajectory? Would it be an opportunity for him to prove himself in a more manageable division (like Dike or Harrison in the Championship)? Or is the division not comparable reputation-wise to the Championship and therefore defeating some of the purpose of his wanting to play on a bigger stage, etc.?
Take it from Simon Terodde who is the BL2 all time top scorer. Every time he's in BL2 he tears it up and destroys the competition.... but as soon as he enters the BL, he can't score anything.

BL2 is weird because just about every team in the division could easily gain promotion, or get relegated, at any moment. (Take braunschweig who went from promotion playoff to relegation. Or paderborn who went from BL to BL2 to 3 Liga to regionalliga but went back to 3 liga bc 1860 munich didn't get al icense to BL2 to BL.) I don't think it would be a step back in his development, but look at Sargent. Relegated with Bremen with a not-so-great track record, immediately bought by Norwich.

It might even be good for him, to experience being one of the best teams in the BL2 trying to push for promotion with the other big names like Bremen, Schalke, Hamburg, etc. (if none of them get promoted)

Going by the admittedly limited 538 ratings, the Championship is a markedly higher quality league than the 2.Bundesliga. MLS is in the middle of those two.

In other words, playing in the 2.Bundesliga is a step down in quality from MLS. I don't see how that is good for Pepi's development.

A few interesting tidbits from those rankings.

Fulham is the highest rated team in the Championship by far, with an SPI of 63.4. The Championship has 4 teams rated 50-55 and 5 between 45-50. The worst, Peterborough, is at 28.5 and the only one below 30. Fulham's rating would put them just below Burnley, which is 17th in the EPL.

NYCFC is the highest rated team in MLS by far, with an SPI of 56.2. MLS has 5 teams rated 45-50 and 9 rated 40-45. The worse, FC Cincinnati, is at 23.9 and the only one below 30. NYCFC would rank 2nd in the Championship, above only Norwich in the EPL and first in the 2.Bundesliga.

Weder Bremen is the highest rated team in the 2.Bundesliga, with an SPI of 49.1. The 2.Bundesliga has 3 teams above 45, 1 between 40-45 and 4 between 35-40. The league has 3 teams below 30, with Ingolstadt at the bottom with 24.1. No 2.Bundesliga team is rated even as high as Greuther Furth (50).

The worse, FC Cincinnati, is at 23.9 and the only one below 30.
4 USL teams above FC Cincinnati.

1641398479863.png

• Wow
Reactions: mgarbowski
What just happened??

Sule signs on a free to BVB from Bayern for next season. I'm very confused, but happy!

BVB are desperate for good defending. they are good going forward but their backline leaks goals like nobody's business.

this is a great signing for them and hopefully will help them with a final push to win the league, if bayern slip up somehow (unlikely)

BVB are desperate for good defending. they are good going forward but their backline leaks goals like nobody's business.

this is a great signing for them and hopefully will help them with a final push to win the league, if bayern slip up somehow (unlikely)
It's for next season, not this season so I don't see how it would help them this year. This year's already done, especially after the defeat to Leverkusen.

It's for next season, not this season so I don't see how it would help them this year. This year's already done, especially after the defeat to Leverkusen.

oh i must have missed that. i thought he was joining right away. oops :)

Reactions: Shwafta
oh i must have missed that. i thought he was joining right away. oops :)
Yeah, no. However next season's gonna be interesting. Almost def losing Haaland in the off season, but this addition is gonna be great. Then, we're rumored to be looking at a bunch of other high-profile players (For example Schlotterbeck who has been one of the best defenders in europe this season), and I believe Adeyemi as Haaland replacement.

Bo Svensson:
Taking Mainz from relegation threats last season to only 1 point off of European qualification this season. What a turnaround by Mainz.

Them, Freiburg, and Koln in the top 8 are definitely the surprises of the season so far.

Bundesliga season starts in a few days!! Get your predictions in! For the heck of it.

Here's my prediction:

Borussia Dortmund (I can believe, okay? T-T)
Bayern Munich (Nagelsmann at the head will start off rocky)
RB Leipzig
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Bayer Leverkusen
VfB Stuttgart
Hertha BSC
Eintracht Frankfurt
VfL Wolfsburg
SC Freiburg
Union Berlin
1. FC Köln
1899 Hoffenheim
Mainz 05
FC Augsburg
VfL Bochum
Arminia Bielefeld
SpVg Greuther Fürth

Hey, at least I got the bottom two right

We were so close to having Hamburg back in the Bundesliga and then they just... didn't do anything. Yay, can't wait for another year of Hertha

Reactions: Schwallacus