Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hertha

• Schalke

• Bremen

• Total voters
I’m sure glad GGG kept him on the bench. We scored so many goals in Qatar, he would have messed with that chemistry.
He played the same number of minutes in the World Cup as he has in the last 2 games with Dortmund. Nice that he finally decided to score.

He also had 0 goals in 198 minutes of WC Qualifiers, 0 Goals in the Gold Cup and 0 Goals in Nations League.

Maybe he just spends less time being a pouty entitled asshole in Germany. Or maybe he's finally figured out if he wants more playing time he should actually produce instead of running to Daddy.
He could learn a thing or two from Paul Arriola, who has less than half of Reyna's talent but 10x his maturity and class.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and Kenny
I’m sure glad GGG kept him on the bench. We scored so many goals in Qatar, he would have messed with that chemistry.
He played the same number of minutes in the World Cup as he has in the last 2 games with Dortmund. Nice that he finally decided to score.

He also had 0 goals in 198 minutes of WC Qualifiers, 0 Goals in the Gold Cup and 0 Goals in Nations League.

Maybe he just spends less time being a pouty entitled asshole in Germany. Or maybe he's finally figured out if he wants more playing time he should actually produce instead of running to Daddy.
He could learn a thing or two from Paul Arriola, who has less than half of Reyna's talent but 10x his maturity and class.
Stephen Colbert Popcorn GIF

Is that asparagus you had today? I can definitely taste them in these Cheerios you keep pissing on. 😜

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta and moogoo
In other Bundesliga news, bayern slipped again. Dortmund almost failed to catch them, but the rest of the top made ground. (aside from freiburg/frankfurt who tied) - shame for both of those teams, either one with a win would have brought them within touching distance.

Bayern this season is slipping I think the most I've seen them slip in a few years, since the season they snatched it from dortmund right at the end.

I think there's a real chance we see a non-bayern winner this year.

...Also can we talk about Wolfsburg? holy shit man
1674689785478.png

That's tremendous stuff.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
In other Bundesliga news, bayern slipped again. Dortmund almost failed to catch them, but the rest of the top made ground. (aside from freiburg/frankfurt who tied) - shame for both of those teams, either one with a win would have brought them within touching distance.

Bayern this season is slipping I think the most I've seen them slip in a few years, since the season they snatched it from dortmund right at the end.

I think there's a real chance we see a non-bayern winner this year.

...Also can we talk about Wolfsburg? holy shit man
View attachment 12502

That's tremendous stuff.
I think I’ve mentioned before but I half assed follow Wolfsburg because I’ve worked at a VW dealer for the last 5 years . Their off to an impressive restart to the season.

Reactions: Shwafta
On Gio . Maybe he’s entitled , maybe his family sucks ? He’s also quite likely our most talented player . We’re not France , we don’t have an embarrassment of riches . I’d rather have Gio stick around than GGG any day .

I’d rather have Gio stick around than GGG any day .
While I agree with the premise, maybe not for the same reasons though. It's time to move on from GGG regardless. He served fairly well during this transition and rebuild period, but it's time to go on. Reyna, despite whatever the behind the scenes truth may be, is still a 19 year old premier talent who can potentially benefit the national team for multiple cycles if he can mature.
If this was mid-cycle, or close to the WC, I would absolutely support GGG over Reyna.

On Gio - by all accounts, he was a petulant little fool at the World Cup.* But it's not a failure that should follow him around for the rest of his life or even give him a bad reputation.

It reminds me of a story that Stu Holden told in an interview during the Cup. He mentioned that during the 2010 World Cup, he was on the bench for the Algeria match and didn't end up playing at all. On the way back to the hotel, as the team celebrated, he sat and pouted. He continued to pout back at the hotel. Finally, as he was in the hot tub with a couple of other players, he lightened up and started to laugh. One of the other players said it was good that Holden was happier, because he only had about 30 more minutes before they told him to knock it the fuck off. The players explained to him that this is a World Cup, that they are all there as a team, and this is bigger than him, etc. etc.

Now, I don't believe anyone thinks that cheerful little fellow, Stuart Holden, is a cancer or has an attitude problem or anything like that. The World Cup is intense, and it can bring out the worst in anyone. If Reyna was able to get past it and do better, I am not worried about this long term.

I also don't believe that this is irreconcilable between him and GB, although I do believe we should move on from GB for other reasons.

---
* - Video below is a great example. Was interesting to revisit once the story came out.

Reactions: adam
On Gio - by all accounts, he was a petulant little fool at the World Cup.* But it's not a failure that should follow him around for the rest of his life or even give him a bad reputation.

It reminds me of a story that Stu Holden told in an interview during the Cup. He mentioned that during the 2010 World Cup, he was on the bench for the Algeria match and didn't end up playing at all. On the way back to the hotel, as the team celebrated, he sat and pouted. He continued to pout back at the hotel. Finally, as he was in the hot tub with a couple of other players, he lightened up and started to laugh. One of the other players said it was good that Holden was happier, because he only had about 30 more minutes before they told him to knock it the fuck off. The players explained to him that this is a World Cup, that they are all there as a team, and this is bigger than him, etc. etc.

Now, I don't believe anyone thinks that cheerful little fellow, Stuart Holden, is a cancer or has an attitude problem or anything like that. The World Cup is intense, and it can bring out the worst in anyone. If Reyna was able to get past it and do better, I am not worried about this long term.

I also don't believe that this is irreconcilable between him and GB, although I do believe we should move on from GB for other reasons.

---
* - Video below is a great example. Was interesting to revisit once the story came out.

Agree on all points besides getting past it with GB. This has become a family feud. Kid doesn’t have a choice, not matter what Steve Harvey might say.

Bayern lost to bogie team gladbach again opening the way for Dortmund and Union to lose tomorrow and let Bayern keep first place. Because we all know it's going to happen, lol.

Well, not exactly a loss, but we're halfway to my prediction, kinda.

Schalke with a new bundesliga record today: Four successive 0-0 draws.

Reactions: Schwallacus
...Or dortmund can go on and win 4-1 to leave the top three level on points at this stage of the Bundesliga for the first time in (i think he said...) 53 years!

...Or dortmund can go on and win 4-1 to leave the top three level on points at this stage of the Bundesliga for the first time in (i think he said...) 53 years!
Reus wow!