Bundesliga 2021/2022

Kicking off now with Gladbach vs. Bayern.

Joe Scally with the start for Gladbach. He becomes the 6th person to have played for NYCFC or to have come from the academy to appear in a Top 5 European league.

Yangel Herrera
Angelino
Jack Harrison
Khiry Shelton
Gio Reyna
Joe Scally
I always forget one when I do this.

ETA: Stevin Mendoza

7 players in 7 seasons is solid.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
In order to be a Dortmund fan, I swear you need to not have any sort of heart or blood problems
One hell of a back and forth match. Disagreed with the call to take away BVB's 2nd goal, as the foul occurred 25-30 seconds prior to the goal being scored. Don't feel it affected the goal, but guess VAR thought differently. Definitely an exciting match for a neutral.

One hell of a back and forth match. Disagreed with the call to take away BVB's 2nd goal, as the foul occurred 25-30 seconds prior to the goal being scored. Don't feel it affected the goal, but guess VAR thought differently. Definitely an exciting match for a neutral.
Dortmund vs Leverkusen always tends to have a lot of goals scored in it.
...Okay wait, Dortmund vs XXXXXXXX always tends to have lots of goals scored in it.

Reactions: Schwallacus
It's the DFB Pokal, so not the Bundesliga, but... holy shit, Bayern is down 0-5 to Monchengladbach. And Bayern is playing a full-strength Bayern team.
Rough day at the office. BMG showed up to play, all kudos to them they outplayed Bayern and were the better team for the whole match. Good for Scally too, no reason he shouldn't be in the next USMNT camp.

Reactions: Shwafta and JayH
Rough day at the office. BMG showed up to play, all kudos to them they outplayed Bayern and were the better team for the whole match. Good for Scally too, no reason he shouldn't be in the next USMNT camp.
BMG gave me a big smile. Wish we got to see more Scally before he moved to BMG.

This is Bayern's biggest defeat since 1978. Also stops a streak of scoring in every game of like 80-something games.
I just sat there stunned. I don't think I've ever seen them be outplayed like that in nearly all aspects of a game, and I've been watching them since 08/09. Hopefully they've gotten it out of their system, will be interesting to see how they react Saturday.

Reactions: Shwafta
I just sat there stunned. I don't think I've ever seen them be outplayed like that in nearly all aspects of a game, and I've been watching them since 08/09. Hopefully they've gotten it out of their system, will be interesting to see how they react Saturday.
I believe it had to do with Nagelsmann being out and "We can coach ourselves" - clearly, you can't. hah. hope you guys don't pick up the pace for next game ;)

Crazy bundesliga week so far!
- Haaland's back with a bang (literally)
- Koln demolished gladbach
- Furth v Hoffenheim produced 9 goals. 3-6. Furth is in absolute shambles. I hear that when they were promoted, most of their best players already hadsigned contracts with other clubs, so this is why they only have... 1 point so far. We could be seeing probably the worst bundesliga team in history.
- Augsburg with a ridiculous last minute goal against Hertha.

BL2
- Bremen still sucking. Lost to Kiel today, who are starting to turn their season around.
- Darmstadt look like real contenders to go up this year, and I'm happy with that. I like them as a team, they're a real class act. (Here's some info on darmstadt:
and https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/...our-fan-johnny-heimes-by-renaming-stadium.jsp)

Haven’t had a chance to watch many games this season but I’m excited to see Freiburg in the top 4 although this weeks result puts a damper on the thrill. Not so surprised to Leipzig where they are as it seems they keep sending crucial players elsewhere. Bummer that Scally and co. , otherwise known as Monchengladbach, in the bottom half. Hope Dortmund can challenge.