Champions League- Tough Draws For Some Epl Clubs, Good Break For One

Courtois robs Ibrahimovic in extra time! 1-1 final. Not a bad result for Chelsea as imho they had to hang on for over 30 minutes after Cavani tied it up..........and of course getting the away goal.

Bayern-Shakhtar ended up 0-0. Pretty good result for Shakhtar keeping Bayern from getting an away goal. Let's see how that plays out in the return leg.

Barca-MCFC kicking off in about 10 minutes on FOX Sports 1.

Borussia v Juventus on FOX Sports 2.

Dos a cero. I'm fine if the Catalans want to borrow the chant. Or score more.

Damn, I miss Suarez.

Reactions: Gene
Yeah Barcelona are on another level. Every pass pushes them further and further up the pitch and just begs the defender to come in and make a mistake.

Juventus with a 2-1 lead at the break. Tevez (13') Marata (43') for Juve. Reus (18') for Borussia.

oooof. City had Barca on their heels after a 69' goal by Aguero, but Clichy getting a Red just ended that.

eh dortmund is still more alive, technically they only need to score 1-0 at home and they go thru.

Man city is screwed they need at least two and i dont think thats happening

Reactions: Gene
Let's hear the excuses.

If you want an excuse, I could point out that Yaya was out :)

But seriously, Barca is one of if not the best club in the world at the moment. They're awesome, Messi is awesome, and they're in good form. And it showed in the first half. However, city showed in the second half before the red card that Barca isn't immortal and created a number of good opportunities including the goal.

City obviously have a difficult task in front of them, but it wouldn't be Manchester City if City didn't make it more difficult on themselves. Looking forward to seeing what the second tie brings, as the game was a good game to watch.

Reactions: roxfontaine
Barca is Barca but City had a hell of 2nd half until Clichy's stupid 2nd yellow. A win is a win but anyone can see that it's a different story if Clichy stayed on the pitch.

What can you do. As said Barca is an amazing side. No Citeh supporter I know thought we'd beat them. I had hoped to ground out a 1-1 or 0-0 draw. Didn't happen and fair play to Barca. We aren't on their level but few are. Hope to go there and return the favor but it won't be easy.