Champions League- Tough Draws For Some Epl Clubs, Good Break For One

What can you do. As said Barca is an amazing side. No Citeh supporter I know thought we'd beat them. I had hoped to ground out a 1-1 or 0-0 draw. Didn't happen and fair play to Barca. We aren't on their level but few are. Hope to go there and return the favor but it won't be easy.
Get to know your own forum buddies man :)

I honestly think city will do barca this time around
They really are a long way off what they were 3/4 years ago, i wanted anyone but Real, as atm they are on another planet.......
I feel Man City is the better team than Barcalona. Obviously Barca is a world class club, but I do believe City should be the favorites here.
When does City play Barca? I expect City to win that one.
If everyone is healthy, especially Aguero, I agree. It doesn't look like much can stop City right now... which is amazing considering how the season and CL campaign started.

Disappointing City went 4-4-2, no one in their right mind would play that dumbass formation. It is not the 90s. The team is very good at 4-2-3-1 they dominate teams playing that way. However Messi's miss was some miss. Not so much the penalty, he record aint great but the header, uff that was lame. So, doing things the hard way, not unknown and and typical City. It's half time and all to play for.

Chelsea v PSG and Bayern v Shakhtar kicking off their second legs right now on FOX Sports 1 & 2.

Hope the batteries in the remote hold out............and I'm digging those red PSG uni's.

Bayern takes a 1-0 lead on a 4' PK by Müller. Kucher shown a Red on the play for Shakhtar.

Ibrahimovic shown the Red Card for a tackle on Oscar in the 32'. Bit of a reach on the referee's part on that one.

Chelsea - PSG heading for extra time after it ends 1-1 after 90 minutes. Cahill with a strike in the 81' and David Luiz knotting it up with a header in the 86'.

What. A. Match.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Chelsea absolutely shit the bed tonight. No one to blame but themselves. You were playing a man up for NINTY minutes and you just jog around and park the bus. Can't wait to hear what excuse Jose has for this.

Great game from a neutral perspective!

That was incredible to watch. Have no idea what Jose was thinking. If they had pushed the whole game like they did the first half of extra time, they would have crushed PSG. Mind-boggling tactics from the Special One.

Great game by Paris. They didn't give up after losing Ibra and fought back twice. Imagine that PSG advances to the quarterfinals while Man City is going to try to find some excuse.

Great game by Paris. They didn't give up after losing Ibra and fought back twice. Imagine that PSG advances to the quarterfinals while Man City is going to try to find some excuse.
City don't need any excuse mate we are having a very poor season .and simply arnt good enough .can you think of many teams that could go to barca and win by two clear goals ? City will be very lucky not to get at least 3 past them.

City don't need any excuse mate we are having a very poor season .and simply arnt good enough .can you think of many teams that could go to barca and win by two clear goals ? City will be very lucky not to get at least 3 past them.

very poor? How long have you been a City fan?

Very poor for the expectations this season as reigning champions and the money spent in the last few years. I'd agree with him.

Whose expectations? Anything realistic after last season winning the CL and the FL and scoring over 150 goals, not just a club record, a record for any club, in the top flight since the league began in 1888,
We should be pretty much where we are. Still in the hunt for the PL and the CL. A cup run would de nice and that is it. That is not by any stretch poor or even very poor.
Poor is defending the title then coming 7th or not winning it for 4 years. Thats poor, particularly with the length of time that spending has gone on for, with those clubs.
Man City and Arsenal are the only clubs that can still win the PL and CL. No one else. those other clubs should have a long hard look at themselves before even beginning to think that City's season is poor.

Match going 45 years.you know what I mean by poor not like bob Taylor poor !!

I think what was worse was hoping Gareth Taylor was fit for the weekend. That was poor indeed.

Anyhow i give my reply above, i don't think we have been poor, it has been frustrating and yes the levels rise every season far faster than we have known but there are without a shadow of doubt clubs far far worse than we are.

I think what was worse was hoping Gareth Taylor was fit for the weekend. That was poor indeed.

Anyhow i give my reply above, i don't think we have been poor, it has been frustrating and yes the levels rise every season far faster than we have known but there are without a shadow of doubt clubs far far worse than we are.
I think its the fact instead of kicking on,we had exactly the same season as we did last time after we won it.so yes compared to last season we are playing half arsed football and just expecting to win .plus I think teams have worked us out

You could be Manure :D
Very nicely put sir.
If you had said 10 years ago ,we would be champions and the richest club in the world and the rags would be a laughing stock of English football you would have been sectioned

I think its the fact instead of kicking on,we had exactly the same season as we did last time after we won it.so yes compared to last season we are playing half arsed football and just expecting to win .plus I think teams have worked us out

Teams get worked out all the time i dont think it was that. I think last year was an exception and that high point was not not feasible, as a rise for the year. We didnt expect what we got last season at the start of it and it would be unthinkable to expect such as steep curve again to happen this season.

manu will undoubtedly spend way north of £100m again so we just need to be cute. The problem is everyone knows English clubs have money. The are 3 layers of price Top price for England. The real price and the Mediterranean never never system where they don't own the player but have TPO. Could you imagine the uproar if it was found out that we only owned a third of Kun Aguero? Which was Atletico had done.

As can be seen here http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi2004/emitentes/docs/FR51732.pdf City paid 30m euro for Mangala, they only owned half of him. So the other money was lost to football. Yet Porto are considered the geniuses and they wonder why they are skint.

I am no fan of chavski but it is considered great that PSG beat them, they have spent almost 550m euros on players in 4 seasons, so what gives?
People are saying Serie A is improving, i am not surprised. PSG have pumped @250m into that league and they have TPO, i am sure any of the English clubs would be better if they were able to do that.
Also the u18 scam is coming to close, great that FC Barcelona have been found guilty, they have done it for years long before Messi., another method of Euro side stepping. England is far from perfect but dont be fooled Europe is crystal clear.
Anyhow that is another rant for another day.