Each Teams Odds For Mls Cup Set By Lv Superbook

Odds are based on the expectations of where money will flow. NY fans have a strong record of betting on their teams in Vegas in amounts that defy rationality. The Giants, for example, always end up with pre-season Super Bowl odds that are lower than they should be because NY Giants fans will bet on them no matter what. Now there's a limit - and os the relatively low NYCFC odds are not completely untethered from expectation - but the reputation of NY fans could easily have dropped the NYCFC odds from say 20-1 or at least 18-1 to 15-1.

Reactions: Kjbert
Odds are based on the expectations of where money will flow. NY fans have a strong record of betting on their teams in Vegas in amounts that defy rationality. The Giants, for example, always end up with pre-season Super Bowl odds that are lower than they should be because NY Giants fans will bet on them no matter what. Now there's a limit - and os the relatively low NYCFC odds are not completely untethered from expectation - but the reputation of NY fans could easily have dropped the NYCFC odds from say 20-1 or at least 18-1 to 15-1.

It's worth mentioning that these odds are very similar to the odds from the UK betting companies, which for obvious reasons are not affected by Las Vegas betting patterns.

It's worth mentioning that these odds are very similar to the odds from the UK betting companies, which for obvious reasons are not affected by Las Vegas betting patterns.
And I would guess low NYCFC odds in the UK are based on MCFC cross-marketing and the reputation of CFG to build a winner quickly. Which ain't a bad reason, but also doesn't mean the folks betting over there have studied the relative roster strength of multiple MLS squads.

And I would guess low NYCFC odds in the UK are based on MCFC cross-marketing and the reputation of CFG to build a winner quickly. Which ain't a bad reason, but also doesn't mean the folks betting over there have studied the relative roster strength of multiple MLS squads.

I doubt it. Considering that the UK odds are almost identical to the US odds, I reckon both are mainly a product of perceived squad strength.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Call me stuck up, but I find it very un-American and creepy to betting on sports.

Call me stuck up, but I find it very un-American and creepy to betting on sports.
Won't call you stuck up but will disagree, considering America has a long history of betting on sports and for some reason, people think it will leans to the fall of humanity if we do. I say do to it what should be done to something else that I won't bring up in full, Legalize it and tax it. Lets get a cut and control how it works.

In all my years of watching, talking and supporting MLS, I have never heard of betting on MLS games. Well except when discussing Vegas expansion.

I think it would help MLS as it would help other league, but right now that's just a matter of opinion till the laws change.

I think it would help MLS as it would help other league, but right now that's just a matter of opinion till the laws change.
Personally I feel of all the things I want MLS to achieve and be a big-boy league, betting and gambling is priority #103,023. Seeing all those Euro teams with gambling/betting website logos disgusts me.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Personally I feel of all the things I want MLS to achieve and be a big-boy league, betting and gambling is priority #103,023. Seeing all those Euro teams with gambling/betting website logos disgusts me.
Oh I'm not saying it super important to the future of the league. If I'm the league would it be nice to have that money, yes absolutely, but there are other things the league need to be a big boy league. Things that other US sports leagues have that would make MLS a top 5 Soccer league.