Epl Thread 5/3/14

NYCFCFan10

Registered
Mar 23, 2014
Watching ManU losing to Sunderland.

Altidore just came on a little bit ago. Just had a brilliant pass into the box that should have been a goal. Just off the post.

74th minute now.

They just didn't look bothered did they? Barkley was decent but the rest...

Baines was piss poor.

Thankfully Aguero tweeted that he's feeling good and was taken off as a precautionary measure.
Hopefully he'll be back out there.
Great performance from Dzeko from what I read on twitter. Can't wait to see highlights!

They just didn't look bothered did they? Barkley was decent but the rest...

Baines was piss poor.
Surely you're joking. A world class save from Hart that could've easily gone in & who knows what would have happened

Surely you're joking. A world class save from Hart that could've easily gone in & who knows what would have happened
Not joking at all. In the first half in particular there was absolutely no urgency from Everton (and little from City for that matter). Excluding Barkley of course. They were lacklustre in defence for both City's first half goals either not tracking back or not marking Dzeko at all well. Howard's efforts were also very questionable for those two goals. Everton picked it up a little in the second half but even then they certainly weren't acting like a side who needed a win to keep their hopes of Champions League football alive. I'm not calling conspiracy I'm just saying that Everton were poor.

That was a fantastic save from Hart there's no denying that but I don't think City were at their best either there with their defending. Definitely nervous and I believe very fortunate that Everton didn't play at any real tempo.

I'm not alone in thinking this! Much of the press has commented on it as well.

Good thing NYCFC is going to play like MCFC and not like Chelsea. Boring snoozefest yet again from Mourinho's squad.
Chelsea has been dreadful to watch all year, but especially so the last few times out. They just don't have what it takes in the final third to play any other way.

Lots of talk over here of Hazard leaving this summer - especially after he publicly criticised Mourinho's style of play. Even a few whispering that Jose may have lost the dressing room after less than a season...

Not joking at all. In the first half in particular there was absolutely no urgency from Everton (and little from City for that matter). Excluding Barkley of course. They were lacklustre in defence for both City's first half goals either not tracking back or not marking Dzeko at all well. Howard's efforts were also very questionable for those two goals. Everton picked it up a little in the second half but even then they certainly weren't acting like a side who needed a win to keep their hopes of Champions League football alive. I'm not calling conspiracy I'm just saying that Everton were poor.

That was a fantastic save from Hart there's no denying that but I don't think City were at their best either there with their defending. Definitely nervous and I believe very fortunate that Everton didn't play at any real tempo.

I'm not alone in thinking this! Much of the press has commented on it as well.

I could see criticizing Howard on the Aguero goal, but not sure about the Dzeko goals. That's more on the defense. And it didn't get said, but it was clear City parked the bus after #3. Everton really couldn't get past the City defense, and when they did they were offside (including on the second goal).

I guess Everton didn't have an desperation about them but Everton knew Champions League football was lost when they lost to Southampton.

I could see criticizing Howard on the Aguero goal, but not sure about the Dzeko goals. That's more on the defense. And it didn't get said, but it was clear City parked the bus after #3. Everton really couldn't get past the City defense, and when they did they were offside (including on the second goal).

I guess Everton didn't have an desperation about them but Everton knew Champions League football was lost when they lost to Southampton.
Yeah I think Everton wanted to break down City if it was easy for them but once City got bodies behind the ball then maybe they didn't think it was worth their efforts. They don't have anything to fight for after all.