Foreign Dp's For Nycfc

Demichelis is hardly a pillar of the defense. Some of the things I've seen him do this season blow my mind. He and City are lucky they spend so much time in possession and attacking. And they are lucky he has one of the best partners in the world, Vincent Kompany.
In the epl maybe, but here in MLS, he'll be one of the most experienced defenders in the league. Also as much as I love VK, he wasn't exactly perfect all season either. I feel like because everyone loves him, the blame got deflected to Demichelis.

In the epl maybe, but here in MLS, he'll be one of the most experienced defenders in the league. Also as much as I love VK, he wasn't exactly perfect all season either. I feel like because everyone loves him, the blame got deflected to Demichelis.

I get that we are building out of the back but I think there are better defenders out there with a lower profile that will command less money.

Reactions: Dave Martinez
Terrible article. I have seen that NYCFC was interested in him and I think it would be a GREAT signing. He had a great year.

But Everton has European football next year and needs bodies. If they are spending wage money, it will be on a guy they have all year - not on getting Barry on loan for half the year.

I got no doubts about how NYCFC are trying to entice Yaya Toure over to New York, perhaps not for the 2015 season.. but the 2016 one

What about Kaka? Bigger name than Puyol (who officially retired today btw)

What about Kaka? Bigger name than Puyol (who officially retired today btw)
Pretty sure if he's coming to MLS it will be for Orlando. He has a very real friendship with the ownership there. Supposedly he gave them his word he'd go there if he came to MLS or something. Kaka is deeply religious so if they're saying he said that, I don't think he'd go back on it.

I'm surprised at the number of people suggesting Frank Lampard as a possible DP.

The guy is a piece of you-know-what. Lampard and Terry were accused of getting drunk at a hotel bar
and making fun of American tourist a day or two after the 9/11 attacks.

I will be seriously disappointed if this horror of a person comes anywhere near this city or team.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/pi...-and-off-field-controversies-in-pictures.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1341356/Chelsea-four-fined-for-drunken-abuse.html

Drogba just announced that he will be leaving Turkey. British tabloids suggest a move back to Chelsea could be in the works, but that makes absolutely no sense. There's a guy who would be a good get for the league - just not sure if it would be the type of fit we would want at NYCFC with his age.

Can someone explain to me the circlejerk behind Zlatan? Seriously, I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of EPL. Aside from following Swansea and very casually following Everton, it's basically unchartered territory for me. In the "article" it refers to Zlatan as the dream DP. All I've ever heard about him is he's arrogant. So where does he fit in the City philosophy? Why is his name more sought after than any other 'to big to ever actually happen' name.

This is a serious question by the way.

Can someone explain to me the circlejerk behind Zlatan? Seriously, I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of EPL. Aside from following Swansea and very casually following Everton, it's basically unchartered territory for me. In the "article" it refers to Zlatan as the dream DP. All I've ever heard about him is he's arrogant. So where does he fit in the City philosophy? Why is his name more sought after than any other 'to big to ever actually happen' name.

This is a serious question by the way.

He´s more in the mould of players like Maradona and Ronaldo in that he don´t need a team behind him to perform, but basically it´s just journos throwing out a spectacular name.. But that he have spoken favourably about going to MLS comes in as well.

Reactions: einwindir
Good post above. I believe he is out of contract in the next 18 months or so and has spoken about playing in the US. For better or worse, he wears out his welcome wherever he goes. He's also on the wrong side of 30 and that's usually when these guys start considering MLS - use Henry as an example.

Drogba is a class guy who has some brand name power. I think he would be a good DP signing for us.

MLSsoccer is reporting that Orlando might land Kaka and Robinho.

I read reports yesterday saying Kaka was staying at Milan but maybe not?

They better not get better DPs than us...

Not to mention that Del Piero will be coming from the Australian A-League, which is a significant drop in quality from MLS.