Foreign Dp's For Nycfc

As far as I understand it, he can take transfers from the senior squad but he has two restrictions that make it unlikely he will.

1) he can only have 8 foreign players
2) if a transfer from MCFC makes over 350,000 dollars in total, regardless of the structure of the loan, they're considered a DP for NYCFC.

So by the numbers, it pretty much eliminates senior transfers because the players MCFC might consider transferring wouldn't be worth the DP slots at NYCFC.

It is possible for clubs to loan a player for free, no transfer or salary fee. It means Manchester City can pay for the salary of the player, even if the player plays at, for example, NYCFC.

Kreis says they're close to signing player one, might have an announcement soon:

"On the topic of Designated Players – a hot-button issue considering the team's association with free-spending Manchester City – the coach hinted that there may be some news coming up on that front for next season, though he made it clear they are still working on making deals.

"There are some things in the works and we're hopeful to have something decided upon and an announcement to make soon," Kreis said. "But if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. We'll wait and we'll make the right decision. We still have a lot of time before we start this thing up next year."

Just read this thread for the very first time, and some of you need to give your head a serious wobble. Nasri? Torres? Zlatan? Hmm ...

You will get 3 or 4 Academy/EDS lads who will come on a rotating basis, you will also likely get Demichelis (his son is learning English, and he is doing his best to, even though his contract ends in one year). Barry's contract ends this summer, he is no longer of any concern to City, unless some sort of deal has been struck whereby he will go to NYCFC initially as a non-playing player, but I can't see that happening.

NYCFC will try and make a name signing, as this will only add to their exposure in the media, and with fans alike. But it won't be a name that will send reverberations around the World. Lampard would be a good choice, but that's whether he would be up for it. It's that sort of name-signing NYCFC will get; out of their prime, but recognisable to a certain extent for what they have done in their past.

As said only 8 foreigners, so everyone else will be from the MLS league or up-and-coming youth in the surrounding area. Perhaps this is where that 8 borough thing may come in handy.

That would be disastrous , Blue Wolf. If the Jersey Cows can get Henry, NYCFC would have to do better than Lampard...

I agree with the sentiment that it will be a signing like Henry - a recognizable name, but someone who is past their prime.

I hate him, but John Terry is up this summer isn't he? Foxwoods might be too close to NYC...

Henry is
That would be disastrous , Blue Wolf. If the Jersey Cows can get Henry, NYCFC would have to do better than Lampard...

Henry is 36. There is nowhere else (maybe UAE) that would play him this often and pay him so much, and where he could still get lots of exposure (massaging the footballing ego these guys have - which UAE couldn't do).

That's the sort of player I am talking about, and Lampard, although not in the same league as Henry, would still be a good signing.

Give it time, guys. Allow the club to grow naturally (or at least, as naturally as a club like this can). DO not expect too much straight from the get go - these things take time. You will grow with the club as it grows, enjoy the ride, it's going to be a hell of a good one.

Just read this thread for the very first time, and some of you need to give your head a serious wobble. Nasri? Torres? Zlatan? Hmm ...

You will get 3 or 4 Academy/EDS lads who will come on a rotating basis, you will also likely get Demichelis (his son is learning English, and he is doing his best to, even though his contract ends in one year). Barry's contract ends this summer, he is no longer of any concern to City, unless some sort of deal has been struck whereby he will go to NYCFC initially as a non-playing player, but I can't see that happening.

NYCFC will try and make a name signing, as this will only add to their exposure in the media, and with fans alike. But it won't be a name that will send reverberations around the World. Lampard would be a good choice, but that's whether he would be up for it. It's that sort of name-signing NYCFC will get; out of their prime, but recognisable to a certain extent for what they have done in their past.

As said only 8 foreigners, so everyone else will be from the MLS league or up-and-coming youth in the surrounding area. Perhaps this is where that 8 borough thing may come in handy.
I agree with you as well. The Zlatan and Nasri comments are just people dreaming and hoping, don't think anyone is really serious.
I also think that we won't nor do we need to sign a HUGE player. The competition doesn't call for it. I think NYCFC will test the waters this year with a young talented lineup and see where they should go from there to further their position. You're not going to get a "narcs style" offensive by signing old DP's that can't run.
You need a solid defense and forwarded minded midfielders that can also track back. Your midfield needs to be young and quick and as seen at City be able to score goals. Proof by Toure being a top goal scorer in the League this season and Nasri/Silva also a presence.

Henry is

Henry is 36. There is nowhere else (maybe UAE) that would play him this often and pay him so much, and where he could still get lots of exposure (massaging the footballing ego these guys have - which UAE couldn't do).

That's the sort of player I am talking about, and Lampard, although not in the same league as Henry, would still be a good signing.

Give it time, guys. Allow the club to grow naturally (or at least, as naturally as a club like this can). DO not expect too much straight from the get go - these things take time. You will grow with the club as it grows, enjoy the ride, it's going to be a hell of a good one.
I think Dimichellis will be a great signing. He would anchor our defense and help grow our younger players. He's really shown up for City the last month+ and is showing he can perform on a consistent basis.
Offensive wise id like to see someone of Defoes caliber.
Klose has been rumored to be talking to other clubs.

How would you guys feel about Ronaldinho?

Interesting that everyone is looking at this through the eyes of Man City.

I think what Kreis did in RSL is probably the model we will see. Balanced attack across the pitch. I agree they need a big name to anchor the team with, but RSL had Beckerman. I don't know. The more I think about it, the less I see a Ronaldinho, Kaka type signing.

I agree with you as well. The Zlatan and Nasri comments are just people dreaming and hoping, don't think anyone is really serious.
I also think that we won't nor do we need to sign a HUGE player. The competition doesn't call for it. I think NYCFC will test the waters this year with a young talented lineup and see where they should go from there to further their position. You're not going to get a "narcs style" offensive by signing old DP's that can't run.
You need a solid defense and forwarded minded midfielders that can also track back. Your midfield needs to be young and quick and as seen at City be able to score goals. Proof by Toure being a top goal scorer in the League this season and Nasri/Silva also a presence.

I've already said you'll be playing the 'City way' due to Kreis spending so much time with us. Of course he hasn't just been learning about this new style and the holistic approach to everything, but that's how you will play. It will be beneficial to City because when they send over youth lads they will be expected to play in exactly the same way they did the previous week in Manchester. You can expect Melbourne to do likewise.

Ronaldhino? Perhaps. All depends how many dollars are waved under his nose, but then would you want that attitude at your club? I know I wouldn't. Besides he may wish to move back to Brazil, as he is hardly what you would describe "poor".

He's made it clear he wants a shot at another World Cup but I don't see him getting called up with how loaded Brazil is.
I don't see him having a shot at another one down the road so you never know, he might come to the MLS to end his career on a high note, I think he could really dominate.
He is a bit of a dive though.

I agree with the sentiment that it will be a signing like Henry - a recognizable name, but someone who is past their prime.

I hate him, but John Terry is up this summer isn't he? Foxwoods might be too close to NYC...
I feel like it needs to be more of a Drogba, Xavi, David Villa type.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
I completely disagree. I, personally, wouldn't mind a team of no-names so long as they are a good team a al Kreis' RSL.

BUT

This is NY. We are the second team coming in. They are going to want a big name or two or three that will make people go, "I can't believe they got him!" and catch some headlines. God bless Mix Diskerud but he ain't that guy.

Reactions: Gene and Buckley
I completely disagree. I, personally, wouldn't mind a team of no-names so long as they are a good team a al Kreis' RSL.

BUT

This is NY. We are the second team coming in. They are going to want a big name or two or three that will make people go, "I can't believe they got him!" and catch some headlines. God bless Mix Diskerud but he ain't that guy.

Nice idea, but not happening - you will discover that there will be a few names in the squad. This is not to say it will be names the likes of the disaster that was Cosmos, but anyone with a relatively good knowledge of footy will know of them. You can't have a team of no-namers as it simply would not work.

You require piano players and piano shifters, you need players who are happy to sit on the bench but then come off it to play a blinder when required.

The core will be, as said, American, but how nice would it be for the core to be predominantly New Yorkers? Add a smattering of professionals coming to the end who can pass on experience they'd get from nowhere else. And a couple of youngsters coming from City who have played with some of the World's best. That's your team, that's your squad.