Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MCFC is in fact our Sister club and not our 'parent' or us their 'feeder' then the logical thing to do is not extend the loan as that only benefits one party.
And if you cared ever so little about the success of NYCFC you'd realize why Lampard HAS to be here. A team like MCFC with the $$ and bench that they currently have shouldn't have to sacrifice their 'sisters' DP for success.
At any rate I'm not feeding into the tabloids and the shit coming out of blogs here because they're just running with something they know will get them attention.
What happened when we were trying to speculate on our 1st/2nd DP and rumors were swirling? "Dont believe it until it's true!" "Wait until the club announces." And so on. Why do the exact opposite in this case?
Just relax. If he's extended then go apeshit depending on how long.

Dan that is 100% spot on.

There has been an investment of at least $100 million in NYCFC with much more planned.
The premiership and champion league prize money is not worth that, and right now nor is the additional advertising revenue.
I cannot see anyone in there right minds, let alone one of the CFG hierarchy jeopardising the investment that has gone into NYCFC for the sake of keeping one player at (what in this case is) the wrong club

He might stay for January, but that is it....

If MCFC do keep him, then I for one will join you in going apeshit.... it will be morally wrong, and that is not what my club is about. We leave the evil to United ;)

Dan I think we all as NYCFC supporters are excited to have Lampard on the pitch for match one. There are those who actively called for MCFC to lose today to expedite his presence here when one had little to do with the other. I hope they're as wrong as they were about City losing tonight when our world class midfielder is on the pitch here in NYC day one.

I don't agree with that at all. Lampard has earned the right to do what he wants. This risk comes with signing players who can clearly still compete and succeed in England and Europe. If Lampard stays in England then good for him. We should all be excited to have the caliber of player on our side who can be class on either side of the Atlantic.
Good to see you have seen things our way

Well if people want to get noticed then they need to write something to attract people's attention.

As I said I have no idea what is true or not but I am inclined to believe he would want to be there for the first game in the MLS. Maybe he will stay a few extra weeks but I think the important thing is that he is there for the start and I hope he is.
THIS SO MUCH!!!!

Am I the only one who thinks MCFC knows well enough that they can get a much better player than Lamps by spending a few shekels in January?

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Am I the only one who thinks MCFC knows well enough that they can get a much better player than Lamps by spending a few shekels in January?

I think that Lampard will come to NYCFC on Feb 1st.

I think that during January NYCFC will get the best players available to the MLS but I also think MCFC will aquire
1x top midfielder ..... replace Frank and preparing for Yaya's summer move and 1 x top striker.... cover for Aguero and preparing for Dzeko Summer move

Reactions: Paul
I think that Lampard will come to NYCFC on Feb 1st.

I think that during January NYCFC will get the best players available to the MLS but I also think MCFC will aquire
1x top midfielder ..... replace Frank and preparing for Yaya's summer move and 1 x top striker.... cover for Aguero and preparing for Dzeko Summer move

Rumor has it Man city is making a 40M pound offer for Pogba...

Pogba does two things for me...

1) It means they probably can't buy Ross Barkley (even though they don't play the same position)
2) It brings more talent into the league. The EPL is the deepest most talented league in the world - and it's the league I watch every weekend. The more talent the better - I just wish Everton could groom more of these guys.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
Juve think they have the next Zidane on their hands with Pogba. They aren't going to let him go unless it's a crazy fee. Financially they are in a good position and have no reason to sell. I just don't see it.

Pogba does two things for me...

1) It means they probably can't buy Ross Barkley (even though they don't play the same position)
2) It brings more talent into the league. The EPL is the deepest most talented league in the world - and it's the league I watch every weekend. The more talent the better - I just wish Everton could groom more of these guys.

Barkley is going nowhere anyway. Everton want an unrealistic amount of money for him. No-one is going to agree to pay what they want.

Reactions: Kjbert
I wonder what the situation would be like if he'd be loaned out to any other team who's in the title race - say Real or Barça, Juve or Roma, or... How about Chelsea? Would those people defending him and Man City now have the same stance if he'd help out at Chelsea right now? Would they also say it's up to what the player wants, he may do as he wishes, despite signing a contract here? Still keen on giving him his deserved UCL matches and farewell footie in England?

They own us. They can do whatever they want.

Nobody's saying they can't. They can choose to do whatever they want, but the fans don't have to go along with it.

Like I said in the other thread, the only reason I'm supporting NYCFC is because they promised to prioritize world class soccer in NYC. If they don't do that, why am I here? Cosmos it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.