Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty confident Lampard won't miss any games, again I am fine if they want to loan him until February, just as long as he is playing for us when the competitive matches come knocking.

Reactions: Kjbert
I have seen no such campaign over here. Ok one or two are saying they would like to keep him but it is hardly a campaign. We all know that he is going to Nycfc. Many here are actually hoping we can keep him until feb. Quite the reverse of the thinking stateside
To see the differing perspectives of MC and NYC fans on this is interesting, and to me displays what a shoddy job of management and public communications this little episode has been on the part of CFG. Nobody knows what's happening, both fan bases feel slighted, and public commentators are joking about it. I still think he'll be here for the season at least, which is fine with me, but CFG should be embarrassed how they have let this turn into a joke for Men in Blazers to mine, and how they've let their fans twist in the wind on a simple issue. Did nobody at CFG anticipate this sort of intra-family rivalry and plan on how to handle it or massage the public messsaging?
Best case -- in terms of their waffling and indecision -- is they are working on some sort of complex solution that involves Lamps staying in MC and NYCFC signing some high-profile DP as a replacement, and they're keeping silent until they get all that in place. But if it is something as simple as (1) Lampard will be here as originally scheduled, (2) Lampard will be extended in MC until MLS season starts, or (3) NYCFC is screwed and Lampard stays with MC until EPL ends, then that should have been decided and announced by now. Prolonging it just makes the whole group look indecisive and weak.

I'm sorry but I'd say 90% of you were groaning and moaning when Lampard was linked with us and now the same people are threatening to burn jerseys and call their reps to cancel tickets if his loan is extended. And THEY look stupid? Please.
People didn't want Lampard? That must have been before I started hanging here. Whatever.
Fans are irrational by definition. After the baseball Giants left NY my dad blamed the NL for not immediately granting NY the first expansion team (they had to be pressured to do so) and then rejected the Mets because an expansion team wasn't good enough to replace the Giants. Management is different. Make it look like you have a plan.

I'm sorry but I'd say 90% of you were groaning and moaning when Lampard was linked with us and now the same people are threatening to burn jerseys and call their reps to cancel tickets if his loan is extended. And THEY look stupid? Please.
A fair point, Dan.

But I think perhaps the bigger issue here is this episode is validating all the naysayers' positions.

It, along with the jersey, makes NYCFC look like a farm team that isn't a sister club but a bitch club to MCFC.

90% didn't want Lampard? More like 9% who were very loud and persistent.

Last edited:
But at the same time NOTHING has happened. It's not like his loan has been extended. He's there till January as originally planned and as no one here had a problem with.
If in January they announce he's there through February then ok that's fine he's back in time to train and start in first game. If he's extended further then by all means let's have something done about it. But right now there are much more important things on the plate like filling out our roster. Kreis just said they spent the last month working tirelessly in preparation for the Expansion Draft and there's plenty more of that to come so I honestly have no problem with them NOT taking time out to address something that they might feel either isn't an issue or isn't going to affect the team in the long run.
image.jpg

this is a power move - if we let manCity keep OUR player they have established themselves as the superior in this new relationship (you can already see fans/media mocking us)

I agree its annoying that other fans/media are mocking us. But at the same time we probably have to get used to it. It is the price you pay when you have the best house on the block.

Reactions: Kjbert and MrE
Us looking like we're begging for a player WE loaned back isn't an issue. Our club looking like a joke isn't an issue? We haven't played a game, we have no stadium, our jerseys are a manchester clone, we have no credibility whatsoever but hey as long as things end up IN Manchester's favor all is well.

Dan,

I, speaking for myself, am baffled as to why they've allowed Pellegrini to comment on this subject. He's the one that's really fanned the flames of doubt by REPEATEDLY stating he wants Lampard to stay -- even specifying til the end of the season. How can the organization allow him to do that?

Now Reyna is going to have a chat with Lampard about this? What's to chat about? He's coming back isn't he?

Its interesting how it all started with Pellegrini saying maybe and Kreis saying no way. Now though Kreis doesn't say anything and Pellegrini is publicly saying "Oh yeah, we want him all season"

How can this happen? Beyond stupid.

LOL the sheikh creates a club from scratch, gets David Villa and Frank Lampard, and people are pissing and moaning. It's Frank's decision in the end. If it isn't already apparent, he chose signing for the MLS over the Premier League. As you can see, he could still get a contract with a top club.

Just be happy a player like him will be wearing the NYCFC shirt next season. You could have some aging, useless guy who just wants to come in and pick up his wages.

Reactions: MrE
I don't know if NYCFC needs Lampard to compete. But they better be positive that NYCFC will be a laughing stock if he isn't there on day #1.

MLS fans have long memories. If he isn't there on day 1, NYCFC will forever known as ManCity's toy and stepchild to CFG. More importantly, NYCFC will be forever known as ManCity USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.