Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be perfectly honest the signing of Lampard was always seen by MCFC as a good way of getting a player whilst he waited for the MLS 2015 season to start. If you believe the rumours, this was because the club failed in signing Ross Barkley in the summer due to the FFP fine.

What has changed is that he has performed so well when he has been called for it has caused him and the club to seriously rethink this. Personally I would hope he stays until the end of February and then goes to NYCFC.

There are still rumours we may go back for Barkley in January. This would solve everything if we could sign him and let Frank move to New York.

Like many of you I do feel it would be a big own goal for CFG if they allowed Frank to stay at City against the wishes of New York. This has happened in Melbourne when David Villa only stayed for 4 games when everyone thought he was staying for 10 games.

CFG are not infallible, so here's hoping they learn from the Villa situation.

In fairness, it's been established beyond reasonable doubt (to me at least) that CFG tried to send Lampard to Melbourne. The only reason he did not join Melbourne City is because the FFA (Australian governing body) have even harsher rules on limiting short term/high wage players than MLS, and they actually changed the rules of the A-League to prevent him joining after Villa had already been signed.

Reactions: Kjbert
As an Everton fan, I don't see Barkley leaving. But for argument's sake, how much would you pay for him?

My understanding is that they were quoted between £40/£50m pounds for him by Everton. I have no idea if it was true.

In fairness, it's been established beyond reasonable doubt (to me at least) that CFG tried to send Lampard to Melbourne. The only reason he did not join Melbourne City is because the FFA (Australian governing body) have even harsher rules on limiting short term/high wage players than MLS, and they actually changed the rules of the A-League to prevent him joining after Villa had already been signed.

Yes Falastur I read that too. I think it is clear the FFA panicked and closed a couple of loopholes like loan signings to stop City moving players to Melbourne.

I also read that Frank's missus wasn't keen on him going to Australia

Last edited by a moderator:
That will be something like £5 mil per year for five years plus £25mil to Everton.

No that was what Everton were asking for.

The fact is that quality homegrown players are at a premium in England because there are so few of them. So you have to pay a homegrown tax depending on how long they have left on their contract.

The problem is Ross has just signed a new contract. Now either he agitates for a move or there is a clause in the contract that stipulates he can be sold if the buyer pays a certain fee. The Everton manager says there is no such clause, so it looks like if we want him then he will cost a lot of money.

No that was what Everton were asking for.

The fact is that quality homegrown players are at a premium in England because there are so few of them. So you have to pay a homegrown tax depending on how long they have left on their contract.

The problem is Ross has just signed a new contract. Now either he agitates for a move or there is a clause in the contract that stipulates he can be sold if the buyer pays a certain fee. The Everton manager says there is no such clause, so it looks like if we want him then he will cost a lot of money.

I want your bank account £25million to me is a lot of money lol

For what it's worth, and I clearly have a horse in this race, I don't think Barkley is too keen on moving from Everton just yet. For one, he just signed a four year extension, but he's also smart enough to know that he'll get more playing time to develop if he stays at Goodison for a few more years. Plus, he grew up in Liverpool and has been playing for Everton since he was 11, so there's that sentimentality factor as well.

i've posted a few times about lampard staying w/ mcfc. but are we really that close to it being a reality to discuss alternatives?

http://www.hudsonriverblue.com/2014...o-reyna-talks-transfers-lampard-and-man-citys

Money section:

HRB: Do you have an expectation for when Frank Lampard will begin training with the team?
CR: We're still figuring that out. We want to have him here from day one. I'm going to Manchester next week to meet with everyone and make sure we make the right decision. We're confident that Frank will be here with us. There's been a lot of quotes and comments and speculation from everybody; Frank gets asked about it all the time.
HRB: I'm sure he loves that.
CR: And Manuel [Pellegrini] gets asked all the time, but there have been no discussions [about a timetable]. He has a contract through December 31st with Man City, so when I go there next week we'll meet and talk about that. I think in some ways everyone needs to understand that we're a real tight family with Manchester City. They want us to do as well as we want them to do, so we're working and collaborating together on this. I feel we'll make the right decision for us. Manchester wants us to do well. We're going to make a decision that's best for the future.

Reactions: lostblue
https://twitter.com/andrewdasnyt/status/540966911232995328

@AndrewDasNYT: Reyna and Kreis say decision on Lampard's @nycfc arrival will be made in mid-December. Will 'respect' decision if @mcfc keeps him.

My pitchfork is right under my seat.

This is F-ing horseshit! More in this tweet:

@LeanderOnFOX: Mid-December decision on whether Frank Lampard stays with Manchester City or joins New York City FC when MLS season starts says Jason Kreis

What???? WHAT!!!!!!????? Now I'm pissed. He might not even start the season with NYCFC??? Are you kidding me?

We're being made a laughing stock on Twitter right now. This is an embarrassment. We need to let NYCFC know that this is unacceptable. This is a problem, and fans need to speak up louder than they did with he jersey. A jersey is meaningless, this is a player.

If Lampard isn't in New York so he can sit on the bench in Manchester City, this whole NYCFC project will be dead on arrival. This is a no-go. I really hope the club makes sure he starts for NYCFC day 1. If that happens, everything else is ok.

I don't agree with that at all. Lampard has earned the right to do what he wants. This risk comes with signing players who can clearly still compete and succeed in England and Europe. If Lampard stays in England then good for him. We should all be excited to have the caliber of player on our side who can be class on either side of the Atlantic.

I don't agree with that at all. Lampard has earned the right to do what he wants. This risk comes with signing players who can clearly still compete and succeed in England and Europe. If Lampard stays in England then good for him. We should all be excited to have the caliber of player on our side who can be class on either side of the Atlantic.

Huhhh???? He signed with NYCFC, that's his priority, not MCFC. When the MLS season starts, he needs to be on the field in uniform. If he isn't then I will have to question NYCFC and Lampard.

FUCK OFF back to Blue Moon. If he had signed at City and was just a loan, then we wouldn't have a claim to anything. But HE SIGNED with NYCFC and he's been an integral part of our marketing in a league where DPs are really important because we get only 3. Our 2nd DP EVER is being taken away from us to sit on the bench in Manchester when they're more than capable of buying a player to replace. I was there when Ferran Soriano told us this type of shit wouldn't happen. Frank better fucking be here for our first game.

Well can't see anyone getting the pitchforks out on this stream at the moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.