Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any possibility that a player of Lampard's stature can just say "No, I'm not coming to NYC until the BPL season is over" and basically force a loan extension? Is that even in the realm of possibility? I'm asking because I want to know if this is 100% in the hands of NYCFC or if there are other mechanisms at work that could be out of the club's hands.

Reactions: Kjbert
John Barnes doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. What does he think Lampard would be doing if he went to NYC right now?

That's what people get for the Tv license fee (some ridiculous outdated payment in UK as myself and Falastur would know) someone who was an utter failure as a manager. Anyway its a rather touchy subject but I note you had the guts to go on Blue Moon and state outright that you support NYCFC on the matter. If the Third Rail and other fan groups DEMAND a direct answer over Lampard soon then that's entirely justified to be honest. I even saw some MCFC fans with no interest in NYCFC say it would be justified.

Reactions: MrE
That's what people get for the Tv license fee (some ridiculous outdated payment in UK as myself and Falastur would know) someone who was an utter failure as a manager. Anyway its a rather touchy subject but I note you had the guts to go on Blue Moon and state outright that you support NYCFC on the matter. If the Third Rail and other fan groups DEMAND a direct answer over Lampard soon then that's entirely justified to be honest. I even saw some MCFC fans with no interest in NYCFC say it would be justified.

It's not as if Lampard is going to be a long-term solution for MCFC. If they aren't making efforts to replace him in January then they clearly aren't thinking straight, and I can't get my head around why they would put one season of slightly better results over the long-term future of NYCFC.

I would be shocked if he's not here. I am no lawyer by any stretch, but I believe that given his prominence in the ticket sales and marketing materials, the club would be opening themselves up to legal action if he is not here due to anything other than an act of God (or of he's not replaced with a comparable player).

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
It's not as if Lampard is going to be a long-term solution for MCFC. If they aren't making efforts to replace him in January then they clearly aren't thinking straight, and I can't get my head around why they would put one season of slightly better results over the long-term future of NYCFC.
So why can't they just say we'll ask to extend Frank until February so that he can cover Toure being at the AFCON so that he can join his club for preseason? Short, simple and doesn't make us NYC STHers look like a fucking joke.

I would be shocked if he's not here. I am no lawyer by any stretch, but I believe that given his prominence in the ticket sales and marketing materials, the club would be opening themselves up to legal action if he is not here due to anything other than an act of God (or of he's not replaced with a comparable player).
This would be so awesome. A class action right out of the gate would be swell. Welcome to America, now go fuck yourself. I'm now almost rooting for this because it would be such good drama.

Reactions: whill4 and Kjbert
I mean the PR backlash would be epic. It would give the sheikh, CFG, MC, NYCFC, the Yankees, and MLS some shitty publicity.

Rumour over here has it that Henry has left Red Bulls to come to NYCFC, thus allowing City to keep Lampard....
Figured TH was making his way back to Arsenal. If not as a player, then in management.

This is MC's UCL roster for this year:
City’s A squad
Hart, Caballero, Sagna, Kompany, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Mangala, Clichy, Demichelis, Boyata, Fernando, Milner, Nasri, Navas, Lampard, Silva, Fernandinho, Touré, Dzeko, Agüero, Jovetic.

Which of those guys are homegrown? Lampard, Hart, Milner, who else?

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/football...-named-manchester-city-champions-league-squad

Clichy (who was at Arsenal from 15/16) & Boyata who has been at City since 14

To be perfectly honest the signing of Lampard was always seen by MCFC as a good way of getting a player whilst he waited for the MLS 2015 season to start. If you believe the rumours, this was because the club failed in signing Ross Barkley in the summer due to the FFP fine.

What has changed is that he has performed so well when he has been called for it has caused him and the club to seriously rethink this. Personally I would hope he stays until the end of February and then goes to NYCFC.

There are still rumours we may go back for Barkley in January. This would solve everything if we could sign him and let Frank move to New York.

Like many of you I do feel it would be a big own goal for CFG if they allowed Frank to stay at City against the wishes of New York. This has happened in Melbourne when David Villa only stayed for 4 games when everyone thought he was staying for 10 games.

CFG are not infallible, so here's hoping they learn from the Villa situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be perfectly honest the signing of Lampard was always seen by MCFC as a good way of getting a player whilst he waited for the MLS 2015 season to start. If you believe the rumours, this was because the club failed in signing Ross Barkley in the summer due to the FFP fine.

What has changed is that he has performed so well when he has been called for it has caused him and the club to seriously rethink this. Personally I would hope he stays until the end of February and then goes to NYCFC.

There are still rumours we may go back for Barkley in January. This would solve everything if we could sign him and let Frank move to New York.

Like many of you I do feel it would be a big own goal for CFG if they allowed Frank to stay at City against the wishes of New York. This has happened in Melbourne when David Villa only stayed for 4 games when everyone thought he was staying for 10 games.

CFG are not infallible, so here's hoping they learn from the Villa situation.

As an Everton fan, I don't see Barkley leaving. But for argument's sake, how much would you pay for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.