Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's where I came from, I was reading the thread and couldn't believe one of the quotes, I'll go and fetch it.

"I would seriously start reconsidering supporting this team if Lampard stays at City. I want to support a team that represents NY. Not an energy drink. Not a team in Manchester that is the poster child for almost everything that is wrong in this sport.

I'm willing to bite my tongue over the jersey. But this would begin to creep too far for my taste."

I came on to try and get a real viewpoint, but most people were looking to play the victim. One even suggested that the MLS isn't lightyears behind the PL, even though the top scorer was Bradley Wright-Phillips last year...
Don't forget that MLS has self-imposed its limits though. So it can easily surge the league forward simply by loosening its limits.

Then there's also the fact that MLS retains all their profits. They do not hand millions of dollars to clubs that won't be in the league the following year, every year, no solidarity payments, ect.

So light years behind makes me chuckle because its not true. MLS is gaining. Laying the groundwork right now....

This is all a fascinating debate, but this thread is about Lampard. If you want to debate the merits of being in CFG, please direct your attention to this thread. The CFG/MCFC "thing" and the Lampard issue are, as should be immediately obvious to all involved, the two contentious topics which will raise just about everyone's rankles on this forum, and for that reason they should really be kept separate.

Any more posts on the CFG topic here and I'm just going to start moving posts to that thread.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I was just thinking, what do man city fans think of this? I mean, we have heard from twenty of them, but I want to hear from ALL of them.

I was just thinking, what do man city fans think of this? I mean, we have heard from twenty of them, but I want to hear from ALL of them.
Funny thing is Tom the 20 you have heard from say Lampard should be at NyCFC but I will let the guys on blue moon know you want to hear from them

Confirmed frank lampard loan extension through mid February

The headlines are becoming more definitive but like Dan said, with the same information and no actually definitive news.

The Manchester Evening News titled an article posted an hour ago "Pellegrini reveals Lampard plan," with the same Pellgrini quotes as the Mirror, that MCFC "always intended" to keep him past the the initial loan period and that from the beginning: "One of the reasons we asked him to play here was because we knew Yaya would be leaving us to go to the African Cup of Nations." And they conclude the article with two more Pelligrini quotes along the lines of what has been said before, MCFC isn't the only consideration: "I'm confident he'll stay but I can’t say 100 per cent because it doesn't depend just on me [...] It's not so easy because Frank is a New York City player. He's only on loan until December so we must respect the other people."

Reactions: Kjbert
The Daily Mirror posted an article today that supports the plan for him to stay until the end of the African Cup and the return of Toure.
I haven't read the article. Is there any official word at this point in time? Most of us are expecting this outcome. Just kinda sucks to actually see it happen.

Reactions: BlueCityRadio
Status
Not open for further replies.