Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't give a fuck (toss) about Manchester just as most of you don't care about New York. I just want my team's players playing from the start of the season. If we had loaned him back to Chelsea and they were leading the league, all you guys would be moaning about recalling from the loan. So him missing 3 months of our season means fuck all to us except making this club a joke.

Why would our owners loan a player to Chelsea? That would make literally no sense, I imagine that the decision will hinge on who is likely to benefit most from Lampard in the new year. If those high up think Frank can help win Manchester City a Premier League or Champions League, I'd presume his loan would be extended because he loves it here. One thing worth remembering is that no one expected Frank to settle this well and perform as he has, he's become crucial to us, if he was a bit-part player this wouldn't be an issue.

Why would our owners loan a player to Chelsea? That would make literally no sense, I imagine that the decision will hinge on who is likely to benefit most from Lampard in the new year. If those high up think Frank can help win Manchester City a Premier League or Champions League, I'd presume his loan would be extended because he loves it here. One thing worth remembering is that no one expected Frank to settle this well and perform as he has, he's become crucial to us, if he was a bit-part player this wouldn't be an issue.
But the thing is, this only benefits you. A lot of us are pretty upset about the whole situation because back in May some of the people who decided to follow the club before the very first signing met with Soriano in NYC and these type of issues were raised. He assured us that NYCFC wouldn't be fucked over for the benefit of MCFC and guess what it looks like they didn't even wait till we played a single fucking game. To be fair, there hasn't been an announcement from either clubs but the perception here is that MCFC is doing what they want with a player signed with NYCFC. We're the new league donkey already. We're fine with an extension of a few weeks to cover for Toure but we just don't want him to miss any games. If he gets injured here, it's fine. It would be like asking MCFC to start the season without Aguero, Silva and Vinny.

But the thing is, this only benefits you. A lot of us are pretty upset about the whole situation because back in May some of the people who decided to follow the club before the very first signing met with Soriano in NYC and these type of issues were raised. He assured us that NYCFC wouldn't be fucked over for the benefit of MCFC and guess what it looks like they didn't even wait till we played a single fucking game. To be fair, there hasn't been an announcement from either clubs but the perception here is that MCFC is doing what they want with a player signed with NYCFC. We're the new league donkey already. We're fine with an extension of a few weeks to cover for Toure but we just don't want him to miss any games. If he gets injured here, it's fine. It would be like asking MCFC to start the season without Aguero, Silva and Vinny.

I do think he'll extend his loan, I don't think he'll miss the first game. That suits all parties, affords us our Yaya cover and means he doesn't miss any real stuff for you. A lot of people have massively overreacted, talking about protests and boycotts. If he does miss the first game then I'll fully understand peoples frustration then, but boycotting and protests are just insanely stupid suggestions. As I've already said above, whatever happens it's a one off, never going to happen again. NYCFC however are going to benefit from MCFC for years to come.

Reactions: JCizzle
I do think he'll extend his loan, I don't think he'll miss the first game. That suits all parties, affords us our Yaya cover and means he doesn't miss any real stuff for you. A lot of people have massively overreacted, talking about protests and boycotts. If he does miss the first game then I'll fully understand peoples frustration then, but boycotting and protests are just insanely stupid suggestions. As I've already said above, whatever happens it's a one off, never going to happen again. NYCFC however are going to benefit from MCFC for years to come.
I think public demonstrations of disapproval are fairplay IF he misses any games. If not both sides should be satisfied. I'm mostly upset at CFG for letting this shitshow go on and with every Pellegrini statement, things get worse because all we're hearing is him and most of us are not sure CFG will look out for us.

if he was a bit-part player this wouldn't be an issue.

Hmmm...I'd ask you to imagine how those of us must feel who support a team in a league that is "light years" behind the EPL, but you seem to have come here only to educate us.

I, for one, really appreciate your altruism. So here's a deal: I'll promise to include your thoughts on how we should support our club in my "Proper Supporter Primer for Dumbass MLS Followers who Mistakenly Assume it's Even the Same Game as the Most Hallowed EPL", if you promise to try better not to undermine your own posts with rampant logical
fallacies and remember you came to an NYC forum.

Reactions: Gene
I just want to let you guys know: this thread was linked to the Frank Lampard thread on Blue Moon a couple days ago. We'll be seeing a few responses from people that don't care to engage in constructive convesation. even though we are "bloody spoilt yanks".

Reactions: USAfan6
Right I forgot. Grandsolo gave me a shoutout on there. I'm flattered.
Haha you've officially made it then.
He called me out over Facebook because I banned him. Even though he openly stated he was never going to come back. Told him I did him a favor in case he had withdrawals. Didn't want him to relapse.

Haha you've officially made it then.
He called me out over Facebook because I banned him. Even though he openly stated he was never going to come back. Told him I did him a favor in case he had withdrawals. Didn't want him to relapse.

He is not the only one... There are a fair few of the usual anti MCFC / City Group / we are the most important team in the world suspects from here named on that thread, and to be fair with good reason in most cases. (see page 86 its hilarious)

Even the Man City fans that agree Lampard should be in New York sometime in Feb are amazed by some of the rational here (by the minority) at times.

He is not the only one... There are a fair few of the usual anti MCFC / City Group / we are the most important team in the world suspects from here named on that thread, and to be fair with good reason in most cases. (see page 86 its hilarious)

Even the Man City fans that agree Lampard should be in New York sometime in Feb are amazed by some of the rational here (by the minority) at times.

That's where I came from, I was reading the thread and couldn't believe one of the quotes, I'll go and fetch it.

"I would seriously start reconsidering supporting this team if Lampard stays at City. I want to support a team that represents NY. Not an energy drink. Not a team in Manchester that is the poster child for almost everything that is wrong in this sport.

I'm willing to bite my tongue over the jersey. But this would begin to creep too far for my taste."

I came on to try and get a real viewpoint, but most people were looking to play the victim. One even suggested that the MLS isn't lightyears behind the PL, even though the top scorer was Bradley Wright-Phillips last year...

That's where I came from, I was reading the thread and couldn't believe one of the quotes, I'll go and fetch it.

"I would seriously start reconsidering supporting this team if Lampard stays at City. I want to support a team that represents NY. Not an energy drink. Not a team in Manchester that is the poster child for almost everything that is wrong in this sport.

I'm willing to bite my tongue over the jersey. But this would begin to creep too far for my taste."

I came on to try and get a real viewpoint, but most people were looking to play the victim. One even suggested that the MLS isn't lightyears behind the PL, even though the top scorer was Bradley Wright-Phillips last year...

To be honest when I first came here, it was before they even had a player and the forum was full of anti MCFC crap. I have actually grown to understand the fans (of NYCFC) hopes and aspirations.

I can accept fans of other (distant) prem or European teams supporting NYCFC as NYCFC gives them a local team and hopefully the interest in the distant team will wane and NYCFC (and City Group grow)

The problem is how fans of a team that has not kicked a ball rationalise there backing of the team, most ignore the City connection, some acknowledge it and Rationalise that NYCFC is more important to them (fair enough) and others just either attack anything City related, some openly, some more quietly or subtly (likes, words of encouragement and the like)

I am growing to have an interest in the MLS, but constantly find myself either defending City, CFG, or the negative perception being perpetrated by the few.

Dont get the impression everyone on this Forum is Anti Man City its just a few.

That said the majority quite rightly put NYCFC before MCFC, which is what you would expect of a NYCFC forum.

To be honest when I first came here, it was before they even had a player and the forum was full of anti MCFC crap. I have actually grown to understand the fans (of NYCFC) hopes and aspirations.

I can accept fans of other (distant) prem or European teams supporting NYCFC as NYCFC gives them a local team and hopefully the interest in the distant team will wane and NYCFC (and City Group grow)

The problem is how fans of a team that has not kicked a ball rationalise there backing of the team, most ignore the City connection, some acknowledge it and Rationalise that NYCFC is more important to them (fair enough) and others just either attack anything City related, some openly, some more quietly or subtly (likes, words of encouragement and the like)

I am growing to have an interest in the MLS, but constantly find myself either defending City, CFG, or the negative perception being perpetrated by the few.

Dont get the impression everyone on this Forum is Anti Man City its just a few.

That said the majority quite rightly put NYCFC before MCFC, which is what you would expect of a NYCFC forum.

I watched a bit of the MLS for the first time last season and the birth of NYCFC means I finally have a team I can follow over there. I understand some of the anti-MCFC stuff, a lot of these people follow BPL clubs that are jealous of the way we've been turned from mid-table fodder to a European outfit, I even notice it with my friends in real life, we used to be everyone's 2nd team because we were likeable, now people are just envious of our success. I think that's where a lot of the bitter posting comes from. But NYCFC are now going to be a lot of our fans MLS side, and this place is going to go to hell if every time one of us come to post we get abuse like from the moron above.

Of course people are going to put NYCFC before MCFC on this board, I'd expect no less. But the hostility some show clearly has nothing to do with their support of New York City.

Reactions: MrE and Christian
As much as I'd like Lampard to stay I think he/MCFC or whoever should honour the contract with NYCFC. It's leaves a bad taste in my mouth all this talk of him staying. He should be in the MLS from the start as agreed. With our squad we should really be able to cope without him and if not then questions need to be asked. Let's hope he is there from the start and we move on from this. I'll be following with interest like a lot of MCFC fans will be and I hope to get to a game when in NY next September.

You just reminded me I forgot to tell him how we eat faggots over here and sometimes enjoy a muffin with them

I watched a bit of the MLS for the first time last season and the birth of NYCFC means I finally have a team I can follow over there. I understand some of the anti-MCFC stuff, a lot of these people follow BPL clubs that are jealous of the way we've been turned from mid-table fodder to a European outfit, I even notice it with my friends in real life, we used to be everyone's 2nd team because we were likeable, now people are just envious of our success. I think that's where a lot of the bitter posting comes from. But NYCFC are now going to be a lot of our fans MLS side, and this place is going to go to hell if every time one of us come to post we get abuse like from the moron above.

Of course people are going to put NYCFC before MCFC on this board, I'd expect no less. But the hostility some show clearly has nothing to do with their support of New York City.
If you can't talk about NYCFC and keep threads on topic you'll be banned regardless of your affiliation. MCFC brought me here as well and I made this forum. I keep my affiliations separate and ask my members to do the same and discuss OUR team. Which is NYCFC. There is another section Football Discussion and Other Leagues where you're free to talk other teams.

Its tribal mate, we all want whats best for our club........
I just want to let you guys know: this thread was linked to the Frank Lampard thread on Blue Moon a couple days ago. We'll be seeing a few responses from people that don't care to engage in constructive convesation. even though we are "bloody spoilt yanks".
There's only a small percentage of city fans that represent bluemoon at the ground, ive noticed a few posters names on here that post on there, ive read the Frank Lampard thread on there too and its pretty embarrassing shite thats coming out of folks mouths.......I'd ignore half the bollocks that gets spouted on there if i was you.

Status
Not open for further replies.