Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mid February is a time that we can deal with, but it's still not ideal.At least he doesn't miss the season. What bugs me is that Lampard would rather be with MCFC, than training with his new team and getting acquainted with them and the coach. His priorities are backwards, and I question his character. You signed with NYCFC. Be a man and show up on day 1.

Mid February is a time that we can deal with, but it's still not ideal.At least he doesn't miss the season. What bugs me is that Lampard would rather be with MCFC, than training with his new team and getting acquainted with them and the coach. His priorities are backwards, and I question his character. You signed with NYCFC. Be a man and show up on day 1.
That is my thoughts exactly. Not only finding out the date he will show up, but his thoughts and reasoning regarding NYCFC are important.

Reactions: Drainyoo and Kjbert
And he doesn't get enough of our discussion, but how good does David Villa look through this whole thing? Guy is pure class, and looks to be 100% in for the team. I have loved him since I watched him play with Spain, and I couldn't be happier he is on the team.

he's gone through a reverse scenario from Lampard. He returned early from his A-League loan have played only 2 of the 10 games he was expected to play, leaving a bad taste in the mouths of many Melbourne FC fans who bought tickets and shirts on the expectation he'd be there for 10 games.

How they handle that situation will determine his reception here. We could have had Jeter and Mo, now we may have Jeter and A-Rod
And he doesn't get enough of our discussion, but how good does David Villa look through this whole thing? Guy is pure class, and looks to be 100% in for the team. I have loved him since I watched him play with Spain, and I couldn't be happier he is on the team.
David Villa has fell right in to the "Jeter" role, he has handled the whole thing as classy as possible. I don't think FL wanted to get the "A-rod" role but he has it. I think we will have to wait for the season to see who is going to have the "Mo" role. Who is going to be the "hammer of god" for us.

Reactions: Kjbert
In my mind mid-February is acceptable even if arguably not optimal. I would give the big guys some credit for not letting MC do what's best for MC. I would give Frank a break for wanting to help MC as much as possible before returning. I would give Frank a clean slate to earn my respect and support but I will be watching and listening a little more closely at first.

And I hope the folks in charge learn that transparency will earn them a lot more trust in this market. This is not the right fan base for gossip, indecisiveness, subtlety, and radio silence.
Can't be running things exactly like Manchester

Reactions: JayH
MCFC actually has a column every week MCFC in the Media or something like that where they talk about all the top rumored stories out there. Neither confirm nor deny but they play along with it.

Reactions: Kjbert
MCFC actually has a column every week MCFC in the Media or something like that where they talk about all the top rumored stories out there. Neither confirm nor deny but they play along with it.

Everton does that too and it drives me crazy. If there's a bullshit story in the press clubs should be quashing it or ignoring it, not linking to it on social media.

Reactions: Drainyoo and Kjbert
In my mind mid-February is acceptable even if arguably not optimal. I would give the big guys some credit for not letting MC do what's best for MC. I would give Frank a break for wanting to help MC as much as possible before returning. I would give Frank a clean slate to earn my respect and support but I will be watching and listening a little more closely at first.
Only problem is that he is 37 and will now be playing without a break. What does that mean for his 2015 MLS season, it goes until December of '15.

Only problem is that he is 37 and will now be playing without a break. What does that mean for his 2015 MLS season, it goes until December of '15.

Another negative comment liked by the usual suspects.

These guys want you guys to hate Frank because of his connection to your mother club.... Yes reports do show MCFC bought 80% of NYCFC from New York..... I hope being owned by Man City helps the writer and his likers choke on there venom.

Reactions: AndreT_NY
Not an overly negative comment by any means, just an observation and a talking point that is very much valid IMO.

Not an overly negative comment by any means, just an observation and a talking point that is very much valid IMO.

WE (NYCFC) wanted Frank, we wanted him on time (he roughly is) and now people are finding other criticisms.....

We now know he is coming .... this is my last visit to this thread. I can't be bothered with certain people who want to continue to find ways to criticise anything associated to the team that shall not be named.

The criticism doesn't have anything to do with the team. It was just an observation that a 37 year old might find it tough to play until December without a break.

Would now be the ideal time to remind people that NYCFC is training in Manchester England preseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.