Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the key word there is "British" it isn't exactly their prerogative to look closely at the MLS. Or for that matter the welfare of fans in other countries whether its fair or not. The exact story I'm guessing you're referring to (which might have been mentioned on here) was in the Sunday Mirror yesterday (as would be indicated by the word Sunday lol). Apparently that the "powers that be" have noticed a decline in rate of season ticket sales in recent weeks. Its probably not a story that the Sunday Mirror are going to randomly make up either as what would they gain from made up stories about New York? Unless of course they are just going off some secondhand information but I suspect there's probably some truth in it.

I find it dumb that it wouldn't cross there minds that a Lampard loan extension wouldn't piss us off.

Well I'm sure it might have crossed their minds but its not something they are going to see as essential reporting material. Not even sure if that particular story was printed in the actual paper or just the Mirror site. I'm surprised there's even been a story originated in UK media about NYCFC season ticket sales. That's certainly not belittling to NYCFC in the slightest its just how it is. I can understand people being annoyed by the seemingly automatic impression in UK press that he will be at MCFC until May.

"Manchester City owners shooting themselves in the foot and failing to grow fans in World's most famous city by keeping Lampard in England." That screams Click bait and is a headline.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think a lot of not wanting to belong to a group or a franchise(CFG) is part of our NY attitude. I'm 52 and there are 2 Subway stores in my town and 2 in port chester where I work. Never been there . I would have to drive by 10 good independent delis to get to them. I get my bread in 1 place and my pastries in another(sometime i get my mini pastries in one place and the big ones in an other, but those are my own demons). New Yorkers love the fact that everyone else hates them. And at the same time find it ironic that where ever we go people want to talk about their trip here or ask us about NY

I think a lot of not wanting to belong to a group or a franchise(CFG) is part of our NY attitude. I'm 52 and there are 2 Subway stores in my town and 2 in port chester where I work. Never been there . I would have to drive by 10 good independent delis to get to them. I get my bread in 1 place and my pastries in another(sometime i get my mini pastries in one place and the big ones in an other, but those are my own demons). New Yorkers love the fact that everyone else hates them. And at the same time find it ironic that where ever we go people want to talk about their trip here or ask us about NY
This guy is right.
It's not so much that we don't 'want to be a part of CFG'. It's our stubborn attitude of 'I am beholden to no one'. This is the attitude you need to have to get by in a city of our size - it's something Mancunians couldn't even begin to understand. It's kinda like a concentrated stubborn yankee attitude that our beloved USA has become synonymous with. Which makes sense, since we are the home of the Yankees.

Ok, it's the 29th. According to the original loan, Lampard has played his last game for Manchester City. We've got to hear something in the next three days for Lampard to be available to Manchester City for the New Year's day game against Sunderland.

The last time they picked up on us being pissed a few members here were quoted in an article. Whose the lucky chap this time!?
Lol they didn't even reference is. Ass holes.
Can I get that under my handle in place of seasoned supporter? "Brit tabloid quoted" or something - I'm open to suggestions.

Who would have ever thought that I would be one of the calmer people about this situation? I mean, I've ranted about it, but I have tried to avoid picking fights with the Mancs.

One thing I think that contributes to that animosity is the belief on the part of many on Bluemoon that those of us who support a different EPL team are only angry because he is help MCFC win. At least for me, that's not even close to true. I want him to play well wherever he is and then get his ass here and help us. The thought of wanting him back because in some way it would help my EPL team honestly never crossed my mind until I read it suggested on bluemoon.

I don't think I'm the only one who hadn't really considered that. I would guess that the reason one would hypothesize such an ulterior motive would come down to viewing NYC as a "second" team. I get the sense, for most of us, NYC will really be our first team of concern because it's a team whose matches we will attend regularly, who plays locally, is part of the league in the country in which most of us reside and we are building the supporter culture now. Maybe I'm wrong here, but I just have never felt all that conflicted about it. My EPL team of choice is important to me - I pay all the club dues, buy merch, watch all the matches, will travel to watch them when possible, but it will never be the same as it would be if I lived there. It just won't. For us, this is finally our chance to be a part of something that is "ours". I live here, this is my team. I just want what is best for NYC when it comes to managing the club.

I think the inability to recognize that distinction on the part of some MCFC supporters is largely responsible for this fear that we are clamoring for something to help [insert non-MCFC EPL club here]. If they could understand the point that NYCFC is THE club for those who want to support a NY team, they might better understand why we're such "entitled cunts".

We're also entitled cunts because we want a player who signed for our club to actually play when we start playing games. But they "own" us so we should shut up.
What you don't get is that our club is their club so Lampard playing for City is Lampard playing for us o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.