Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a lot of heat on twitter after NYCFC retweeted the pic of my Lampard jersey.

As a realist, I believe Lampard will play for NYCFC this upcoming season; however, I don't believe Lampard will play in an NYCFC jersey the whole season. With such a big media production regarding Lampard signing with NYCFC, it will be surprising if he doesn't step on the field in Yankee Stadium this upcoming season. If the goal was for Man City to utilize Lampard off the bench as they been doing, why didn't Man City just sign him from Chelsea straight-up?

photo.JPG

I received a lot of heat on twitter after NYCFC retweeted the pic of my Lampard jersey.

As a realist, I believe Lampard will play for NYCFC this upcoming season; however, I don't believe Lampard will play in an NYCFC jersey the whole season. With such a big media production regarding Lampard signing with NYCFC, it will be surprising if he doesn't step on the field in Yankee Stadium this upcoming season. If the goal was for Man City to utilize Lampard off the bench as they been doing, why didn't Man City just sign him from Chelsea straight-up?

View attachment 942

Once he's lined back to us I'll be buying one in an away kit. Love the dude. Hate the situation but he's a hell of a player. Had a lot of respect for him even when he was with Chelsea.

I received a lot of heat on twitter after NYCFC retweeted the pic of my Lampard jersey. View attachment 942

No need to receive grief. Not like it's your fault. Whatever happens, wear that cool looking jersey with pride if you attend a game. Remind any bonehead that says something at the game that you are rooting for the same team (especially if a fellow fan) and it's all about the name on the front of the jersey before the name on the back.

^^^ NO. He didn't cost a Dime. It was a FREE signing. There's no rules to bypass. Don't feed into RBNY trolls. There's NOTHIGN about the Lampard loan to do with FFP rules. NOTHING.
Fine, but those are the accusations being thrown around. It's not great for the club's image.

Fair or not, Wenger commented on it in August (and once since then, IIRC), and I've seen several blogs pick up on it as highlighting a potential limitation of FFP rules. Lampard was signed on a free, but the next one may not be. And nothing coming from either club makes me believe that this is an issue we'll only see once.

Fine, but those are the accusations being thrown around. It's not great for the club's image.

Fair or not, Wenger commented on it in August (and once since then, IIRC), and I've seen several blogs pick up on it as highlighting a potential limitation of FFP rules. Lampard was signed on a free, but the next one may not be. And nothing coming from either club makes me believe that this is an issue we'll only see once.
Honestly there's nothing to comment on because there's nothing there. I don't expect either team to address something with no basis to it. They'll be loaning u-21's in the future. Again nothing wrong with that as there is no $$$ being hidden and rules being bypassed. Mcfc has been spot on this year with adhering to FFP. In fact one of the best as it pertains to FFP.

Reactions: Gazza_55
If they could understand the point that NYCFC is THE club for those who want to support a NY team, they might better understand why we're such "entitled cunts".
Wonder if we could get another sub-SG going? The EC's would be right up there with the NYCFC Social Supporters and the Brown Bag Social Club........and our TIFO's would be awesome!

By the way, I'm a Manchester City fan. I supported Manchester City before NYCFC

AND I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE NOTION OF EXTENDING LAMPARD'S LOAN PAST FIRST KICK.

Sure, he'd be nice for MCFC but he's far more important to NYCFC, both on and off the field. Keeping him in Manchester is short-sighted by management. I get why Pellegrini wants him; he wants to win trophies now to secure his status as manager. I get why lampard wants to stay; he wants to play for big trophies in a way he didn't think he'd be able to when he signed for NYCFC. But those two things aren't enough to justify reducing the to-date great project of NYCFC to a league laughingstock just for two months more of a bench player.

So not all Man City fans are ok with screwing over NYCFC, just so you all know.

To balance up that last comment I hope that the Lampard deal is extended until Yaya Toure gets back from ACN. That tournament for the last few years has caused us an issue and for MCFC Lampard is the perfect replacement for Yaya. I am sure that overall NYCFC will benefit and I don't agree that it reduces the great work being done over there to a laughing stock.

Over time the partnership will reap benefits for both clubs and I am sure that our academy will assist in giving your own a boost and over time Lampard will not be the only player who ends up playing for MCFC and NYCFC which I still believe he will do in time.

Reactions: MrE
I am sure that overall NYCFC will benefit and I don't agree that it reduces the great work being done over there to a laughing stock.
Outside of personal opinion, is there a reason for this? If you're not connected with the American soccer scene, you may not know. We're already a laughing stock in many circles (not just with our direct, local rivals) because of this charade.

Outside of personal opinion, is there a reason for this? If you're not connected with the American soccer scene, you may not know. We're already a laughing stock in many circles (not just with our direct, local rivals) because of this charade.
QFE

To balance up that last comment I hope that the Lampard deal is extended until Yaya Toure gets back from ACN. That tournament for the last few years has caused us an issue and for MCFC Lampard is the perfect replacement for Yaya. I am sure that overall NYCFC will benefit and I don't agree that it reduces the great work being done over there to a laughing stock.

Over time the partnership will reap benefits for both clubs and I am sure that our academy will assist in giving your own a boost and over time Lampard will not be the only player who ends up playing for MCFC and NYCFC which I still believe he will do in time.
Sorry but there is nothing about that that helps NYCFC and is actually bad for our team.

Reactions: doctorhoosier

There is a way MCFC's success could help NYCFC, but it's tenuous (and as I said earlier, doesn't justify the loan).

If MCFC go farther in the UCL and win the EPL, they don't just get warm fuzzy feelings and trophies; they also get cold hard cash as a reward. This cash is then counted as income, income which MCFC can use to offset player costs while still complying with FFP.

So the more cash MCFC has, the more player wages MCFC can absorb without running afoul of FFP. So let's say Ihenacho or some other super-talented MCFC academy product was interested in NYCFC, but NYCFC has filled or doesn't want to use a DP spot on an academy kid who's likely only there for a season. If MCFC has more cash, MCFC would be more willing to say "hey, we'll loan you this kid and you'll only have to pay a small part of his salary and we'll cover the bulk of it."

In this way, success of MCFC leads to MCFC absorbing more player salary leads to MCFC having ability to absorb some costs and give NYCFC more flexibility under the salary cap. There's some precedent to this in MLS (Julio Ceasar loaned to TFC from QPR).

Now, obviously MCFC doesn't have to use its cash in that way and can just as easily reinvest it into pure MCFC players, which is why the connection is tenuous.

Doesn't work like that in MLS though.

In MLS, because a bunch of clubs have the same owners as other bigger foreign clubs (Arsenal, Inter, Juventus, ManCity to name a few), if your club is owned by the same owner as another club, the TOTAL salary of the loaned player from the other club is counted regardless of how the two clubs put it in their books.

Toronto got away with it because there was no common owner involved.

Doesn't work like that in MLS though.

In MLS, because a bunch of clubs have the same owners as other bigger foreign clubs (Arsenal, Inter, Juventus, ManCity to name a few), if your club is owned by the same owner as another club, the TOTAL salary of the loaned player from the other club is counted regardless of how the two clubs put it in their books.

Toronto got away with it because there was no common owner involved.

I hadn't heard of that rule before (although it makes sense). Do you have a source that mentions that rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.