Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't heard of that rule before (although it makes sense). Do you have a source that mentions that rule?
I believe the rule originated when Chivas brought in Chivas USA in 2005. Its well known, pop on over to BigSoccer and ask, they'll probably be able to cite where the rule is but it was one of the largest questions/concerns when NYCFC was announced.

To balance up that last comment I hope that the Lampard deal is extended until Yaya Toure gets back from ACN. That tournament for the last few years has caused us an issue and for MCFC Lampard is the perfect replacement for Yaya. I am sure that overall NYCFC will benefit and I don't agree that it reduces the great work being done over there to a laughing stock.

Over time the partnership will reap benefits for both clubs and I am sure that our academy will assist in giving your own a boost and over time Lampard will not be the only player who ends up playing for MCFC and NYCFC which I still believe he will do in time.

Don't take this the wrong way but go *[this comment has been edited by the Admin Staff]* yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
Don't take this the wrong way but go fuck yourself.
jayzd.gif

A question to all MCFC fans/sympathizers here:

What will your opinion of MCFC be, if Lampard misses even 1 game to suit up for Manchester?

As a (former?) fan/sympathizer of Manchester, I can safely say I will actively root against them from now until my death if they go through with this double deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
A question to all MCFC fans/sympathizers here:

What will your opinion of MCFC be, if Lampard misses even 1 game to suit up for Manchester?

As a (former?) fan/sympathizer of Manchester, I can safely say I will actively root against them from now until my death if they go through with this double deal.
As a season ticket holder of NYCFC and a long time supporter of MCFC it's hard to say how to feel about it. The running thought on here is somehow MCFC has chained Lampard to their starting XI or bench and he can't come to NYCFC on time.

Personally, and I have no way of knowing this (as nearly everyone on here can't know either) I believe it is that Lampard himself wants to stay in England for as long as he can. If that is the case, and again I don't know whether it is or not, then I hold Lampard himself to blame and not the club itself.

If it were to come out that MCFC ordered Lampard to stay in England then I'll have a better understanding of the pecking order when it comes to CFG's motivations.

Reactions: Goodfella
If it wasn't a situation where someone in Manchester made Lampard think it was possible to stay until May, we wouldn't have such a shitshow.

Reactions: Kjbert
If it was understood that Frank would be back in NYC because it's the right thing to do no matter what happened, there wouldn't be a situation where he'd voice the desire to stay in Manchester unless he thought there was a legit shot. That only works if someone in Manchester lets him think there's a possibility. Because I'm betting my future first born, no one on the NYCFC side told him "Maybe if you play well enough on loan you get to stay till May and miss months out of the MLS season".

If it was understood that Frank would be back in NYC because it's the right thing to do no matter what happened, there wouldn't be a situation where he'd voice the desire to stay in Manchester unless he thought there was a legit shot. That only works if someone in Manchester lets him think there's a possibility. Because I'm betting my future first born, no one on the NYCFC side told him "Maybe if you play well enough on loan you get to stay till May and miss months out of the MLS season".
Do you feel as if he's perhaps intrigued in staying in England given his success this year and the opportunity he sees and he has initiated that discussion in staying? It's easy to blame MCFC as they're reaping the benefit of him being there but isn't it at all possible that the player has requested staying?

What stage of grief am I in that I now feel sorry for Frank Lampard?

He finds the fountain of youth, given a peek at one last run for glory in BPL and Europe, only to possibly have the rug pulled from under him by his employers.
I will welcome him here at the start of the season, but he ain't gonna be too cheery.
I hope he is all the professional that he appears as he will need all that polish to get through a season in MLS.

I look at it this way. It's obviously a partnership and we both stand to benefit from it. MCFC was in a mind for a Mid and we loaned Lampard. From there on there should be absolutely NO issue. Loaned through December back in January.
A partnership works for both sides.
The language should be clear.
Our season starts in March, we have preseason in February so we need Lampard back. End of story. MP shouldn't be making comments, an extension if there was a need for one, should be mutually agreed upon and only through January.
So there you have it. A working partnership.
As soon as you have the partners disagreeing (Kreis and MP) it's obviously not working out and 1 side isn't at all concerned about the other.

I honestly believe it could get to the point where this entire fan base (people that actual will be attending games) is chanting ANTI MCFC stuff at games if it's made to be obvious that NYCFC is there to be taken advantage of. Would not be a good look for CFG and things would change in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.