Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, your comment got edited, and you had to apologize, but CP Scouse can have the offending word attached to every one of his posts? :confused:

N northernburbs apologized on his own. I edited the post because it had been reported by another user. If you have any issue with any content please report it. We will review it. If we find that the reported content violates the forum guidelines we will do our best to come up with a solution that satisfies all parties involved.

I suspect now that a decision has been made and they are waiting a few days so they can water it down with a flurry of other January transaction announcements. I'm not saying that will dampen any potential disappointment but it may be the delivery strategy. In any case, I am excited to see what's to come in the next weeks.

Someone already mentioned this - but if his loan deal was only through December, doesn't there need to be some sort of official announcement that keeps him eligible for EPL and UCL?

I suspect now that a decision has been made and they are waiting a few days so they can water it down with a flurry of other January transaction announcements. I'm not saying that will dampen any potential disappointment but it may be the delivery strategy. In any case, I am excited to see what's to come in the next weeks.
Yeah I think so too. I am trying to keep a lot of the negativity out of my mind as this is such an exciting time for the club that I am excited no matter what. Yeah it would be awesome if Lampard is 100% committed from the start and arrives when he is supposed to, but even if he doesn't I still have a lot to be happy about.

Or if he signs a contract with NYCFC. If you read that article, he's not even an NYCFC plqyer

If you put your cards on the table and explain clearly what your plan is, it's easier for fans to understand and trust you so they don't get up in arms or feel duped when new information comes to light. That may work in Manchester, but it won't fucking work here.

Reactions: Kjbert
"Lampard and City are expected to re-assess his situation in the club in mid-February, with the prospect of the player returning to New York in time for the start of the MLS season a month later still a possibility."

Reactions: Kjbert
Or if he signs a contract with NYCFC. If you read that article, he's not even an NYCFC plqyer
I don't think that's the correct read. He has a signed contract that starts on January 1st. That's not the same as "he's not an NYCFC player".

I think the distinction that he is not on loan, but rather on a short-term deal, actually works in NYCFC's favor. It would seem that they would now have to work out a loan, which seems like a bigger hill to climb than extending a loan.

I would be shocked if he's allowed to sign before the transfer window opens. The other 19 clubs would HOWL. You think Mourinho and Abramovich would let that happen without a fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.