Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking anything as gospel.
This may explain why Garber wasn't willing to intervene at the time since technically Lampard wouldn't be part of MLS until Jan 1.

Reactions: Kjbert
What about the fact that he was advertised as a NYCFC player before he actually was?
That makes no sense, unless you are as fanatically literal as my 9-year old son.

He signed a contract to play for NYCFC, so how was he not an NYCFC player. How do you know that Villa's contract isn't exactly the same? Maybe the standard MLS contract runs from January 1 to December 31 for every player.

Looking at that article, it seems like it could just be incorrect, like reporting of that nature often is. Its the only site reporting it so far and basically every other place reported has reported it as a loan deal.

Something has to be announced in the upcoming days so I would wait for an official announcement from a club or player first.

That makes no sense, unless you are as fanatically literal as my 9-year old son.

He signed a contract to play for NYCFC, so how was he not an NYCFC player. How do you know that Villa's contract isn't exactly the same? Maybe the standard MLS contract runs from January 1 to December 31 for every player.
Hypothetically if your wedding is set for next summer, are you married as of now?

Looking at that article, it seems like it could just be incorrect, like reporting of that nature often is. Its the only site reporting it so far and basically every other place reported has reported it as a loan deal.

Something has to be announced in the upcoming days so I would wait for an official announcement from a club or player first.

That would be staggeringly specific thing to get wrong. Hard to imagine they would go to press with a factual statement like that if they did not have a pretty rock solid reason to believe it true.

That would be staggeringly specific thing to get wrong. Hard to imagine they would go to press with a factual statement like that if they did not have a pretty rock solid reason to believe it true.
Yeah that is true. Although I have seen things just as outrageous wrongfully reported before; so all I was saying is that maybe thats the case.

Reactions: USAfan6
Hypothetically if your wedding is set for next summer, are you married as of now?
No, but that's not a comparable situation.

If you close on a house but haven't moved in yet, do you own the house?

If you close on a house but haven't moved in yet, do you own the house?
If you grab a TV during Black Friday but haven't paid for it yet, do you own the TV?
:p

Lampard is POOP, forget him, we have many great players in Canada who are better than Frank. Anyone here from Quebec, Quebecois love Football. Where is LeRoy, is he on a Boat ? This forum is a top notch but LeRoy he has problems. LeRoy are you still on the bateau ? ***** is not a nice word, but there are many here i presume ?

Stumbled across this old article (New York City FC avoid midseason signings as Frank Lampard, David Villa join before 2015 season):
Signing iconic players David Villa and Frank Lampard is an important first step for New York City FC.

But having both Designated Players available when the expansion team starts its first preseason camp in January is vital, according to head coach Jason Kreis. “We made that a particular area that we wanted to inform leadership about, that we want our full team in place at the start of preseason at the end of January 2015,” Kreis said following a press conference announcing the Lampard signing at Brooklyn Bridge Park on Thursday. “We’re going to make every effort to make sure we have all of our players ready to go by then.”

Kreis said having star overseas players arrive before the MLS season starts was a point of emphasis of his, a philosophy he said the club also values. “For me, players that enter in the middle of the season are typical fails,” Kreis said. “The chances for those players to really contribute meaningfully in a second half of a season in MLS are very, very small.”

Yep, I was thinking about Coach yesterday. Imagining what I would do of I were him.

I'm sure to get him to leave RSL, a place he LOVED, they fed him the garbage they fed us -- this is a separate club blah, blah, blah --- yet here we are, not even to game 1, and already betrayed.

What would you do if you are JK?

Well nothing has happened yet. If any of the telegraph article is to be believed, they haven't even applied for Frank to be able to play on Thursday. Pellegrino looks like a dumbass now that December is over, and no announcement has been made, like he was trumpeting all month. The radio silence from Kreis and Reyna could be because they won in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.