Frank Lampard Thread

After reading through this thread it seems to me most people on here have delusions of grandeur except you my friend, one world cup winner and European cup winner up front and a former England captain and another European Cup winner on his way to play in midfield! No pleasing some people! Should I say people who are acting like spoilt children, try watching a team like City for over 30 year's , going down to the 3rd division, getting beaten by the mighty York City but still filling Maine Road! Being a laughing stock to everyone in football, even Stockport County used to beat us but 30,000 + still came back for more! We never take anything for granted, all I can say is enjoy the ride. CTID
You say England captain like they have done anything of note while Lampard has been there. Hasn't the United States basically out performed them at the most recent tournaments by a considerable margin?

Oh there's no doubt Manchester was, is, and will forever be a pathetic club. A loser to its core. Always the second team of Manchester.

My mind explodes at the audacity of Man City fans to come here and call us "spoilt" (lol)

As though their club being a piece of shit for decades and then striking it rich via oil money somehow entitles them to what isn't theirs. They have the $500 million roster that they did not build themselves like some of the other big clubs in England but was provided to them --artificially -- via an oil sheikh but they somehow think they've earned it, while we haven't? Lol

And they think we're the "spoilt"(lol) ones for protesting it? Unbelievable.

We were there when we were shit! Would you? Barry Conlon, Kevin Russell, Martin Buster Phillips, Jason Van Blerk, Gerry Creaney we've seen the creme de la creme! And you're moaning about a world class player turning up a few months late in your first season?! Clueless pal

We were there when we were shit! Would you? Barry Conlon, Kevin Russell, Martin Buster Phillips, Jason Van Blerk, Gerry Creaney we've seen the creme de la creme! And you're moaning about a world class player turning up a few months late in your first season?! Clueless pal
Stealing Lampard must have been like taking candy from a baby for your $500 million collection of candy.

As for delusions of grandeur, I saw people on Blue Moon seriously suggesting the reason the English clubs get humiliated in UCL is because the PL is too good.

Someone notify Klinsmann that Man City has solved it. Playing against tougher competition actually makes your players suck. Playing against weaker competition makes them better! Delusional.

Sign the captain of the USA then, whoever he is..........
I'm not saying Lampard is a bad player. He's been my favorite player since I was 10 years old. I know how good he is and what he has won. I've watched just about every match he has played since 2003-2004. I was just saying that stating he was the England captain isn't really that impressive of a credential seeing how bad they have been in recent years.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
Clint Dempsey.......couldn't get into Fulhams team..........
You know whats remarkable to me, Kas?

Is the top EPL clubs have tried to remove as much of the English shit from their clubs as possible - no English managers, very few English players- but they still suck like the English national team when playing internationally.

Its as though the air in England just makes you suck at the sport.

Stealing Lampard must have been like taking candy from a baby for your $500 million collection of candy.

As for delusions of grandeur, I saw people on Blue Moon seriously suggesting the reason the English clubs get humiliated in UCL is because the PL is too good.

Someone notify Klinsmann that Man City has solved it. Playing against tougher competition actually makes your players suck. Playing against weaker competition makes them better! Delusional.

Yes, you're right, sorry

Point 1: This interview was clearly held on media day, which was before the opener. Weird timing, but there you go.

Point 2: the calmness you note seemed to me a product of him trying to keep his cool during a really stupid interview from an interviewer who clearly derived her questions from Wikipedia.

Point 3: You can read his bit about commitment also as a message to Lampard. As in: "You lying sack of ****. You screwed up all my plans. I can't stop you from coming here, but in every interview that I have to sit through and answer a question, I'm going to bring up commitment because that's all you're going to hear once you get here. Commitment is the theme of NYCFC and you better know it. I'm going to double down and emphasize your commitment in interviews so that when you get here, that's what you'll be judged on by the fans and media. Sure you still want to come?"
Was it on Media Day? The clip was dated yesterday. I guess they held it. And I see your point about subtle pressure on Frank, but Id prefer something still indirect less subtle, like "We have every expectation that when Frank gets here he will be every bit as active and committed as David Villa has been."

Was it on Media Day? The clip was dated yesterday. I guess they held it. And I see your point about subtle pressure on Frank, but Id prefer something still indirect less subtle, like "We have every expectation that when Frank gets here he will be every bit as active and committed as David Villa has been."

Yeah it was. Look at the background and then compare it to the clips from Rachel Bonette at MLSsoccer.com. Same room.

and I like that approach a lot. Maybe we'll see it. I imagine Kreis is on the phone to Manchester today asking when he expected Lampard to report.

Reactions: mgarbowski

Is the top EPL clubs have tried to remove as much of the English shit from their clubs as possible - no English managers, very few English players- but they still suck like the English national team when playing internationally.

You're correct again

Maybe you haven't noticed
David villa Spanish.Mix Norwegian. Lampard English
Just sayin

No, I'm not noticing, what am I noticing?
I read on another thread today someone worried about the lack of American./Canadian players in mls teams this season .it looks like mls will go down the path of English football and become a global league,just pointing out your 3 star players arnt american