Frank Lampard Thread

Let's stay on topic. I thought there was Lampard news but it was just 10 pages of people arguing over the size of their dicks. Find a different thread for that.

tumblr_lpzoe3SfzK1qm2nuq.jpg

Let's stay on topic. I thought there was Lampard news but it was just 10 pages of people arguing over the size of their dicks. Find a different thread for that.
Find a different thread and don't put the Lampard stuff in the Lampard thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
The answer to that would be no.

While Uncle Fats has been at 3 world cups. England v USA has been

2006 England last 8 GS (7pts). USA GS (1 pt).
2010 England last 16 GS (5pts). USA last 16 GS (5pts).
2014 England GS (1pt). USA last 16 GS (4pts).

Both have had two progressions from the Group Stages but only England got to the last 8.
Points wise England 13-10 USA.

So no, USA have not out-performed, by any reasonable criteria, England in the world cup in the era of Uncles Fats.
http://www.thesoccerworldcups.com/world_cups/2010_final_standings.php
2010 final standings

Usa 12
England 13

2014 final standings

USA 15
England 26

http://www.thesoccerworldcups.com/world_cups/2014_final_standings.php

Reactions: Narrowback gal
Either way it's close and just proves my point that being named England captain isn't that impressive in the grand scheme of football.

I don't think anyone would disagree with that. The decline in England's fortunes has been a coincidence with the appearance of Frank Lampard but the problems are much much deeper. I could give you an epic letter of the problems. However while the PL, the FA and the FL (Football League not Frank Lampard) all run different aspects of the game in England with each having separate agendas, nothing will change soon. Right down to the lack of Governmental support for the youngsters. It really is a sad and shocking state of affairs and no one would disagree that as fast as England's star is diminishing the unified and organised US programme is rising, particularly under Sunil Gulati who i think has done an excellent job.

But for the moment, like a balding man scrapping for a comb to look good, i will fight to the death :)

rab.jpg

Reactions: mgarbowski
This is my first post after lurking for a while, and after joining only last week.

Anyone holding a grudge against Frank Lampard is behaving in an unreasonable manner.

First of all, no one can possibly blame a player for preferring to play in the Premier League. When it became clear that Man City wanted to keep Lampard for the full year, he quite reasonably saw that this was the thing to do. The Premier League is just more important than MLS -- and this is no knock on MLS, as the same thing can be said about every other league in the world outside of Spain and Italy.

The only blame in the situation is with NYCFC, which should have anticipated the possibility (albeit unlikely at the time) that Man City would want Lampard for the whole season. NYCFC should have announced from the beginning that Lampard would be coming to the league in the summer, just as Beckham, Henry, Cahill, Keane, and even Dempsey did, and as Gerrard will be doing this year. After such an initial announcement, Lampard's possible early arrival would have been a bonus; and no one would have been complaining when Man City decided to keep him for their full season.

NYCFC's botching of the situation unfortunately cast the Man City connection in a bad light, which somehow placed fans of the club on the defensive and gave the team's detractors ammunition. But no fan of NYCFC should ever be apologising about the club's connection to Man City; rather, the City-City link is something to be proud of.

Furthermore, the whole thing will certainly work out in NYCFC's favour. Lampard can finish the season at Man City, take a few months off, and then join NYCFC in early August. That will be just fine, as MLS's come-one-come-all playoff format (now there's a knock on MLS) ensures that the most meaningful matches are not played until that time of the season. In fact, Lampard coming off a summer break will be more useful to any potential NYCFC playoff drive than he would have been had he joined the club in its pre-season training and had he been playing in every match from the season's start.

Considering that Man City fans were able to welcome back Carlos Tevez after he refused to come on in a Champions League match, after he said that he never wants to go back to Manchester, and after he stayed home in Argentina for months boycotting the team, fans of NYCFC can certainly welcome Frank Lampard after he did nothing more than elect to stay with the defending champions in the best league in the world after the club's manager had made repeated public comments about his desire to keep the player.

Lampard did absolutely nothing wrong in staying with Man City at Pellegrini's insistance. And he will be NYCFC's biggest star and top draw once he arrives -- the game against the Galaxy and Gerrard in late August will be the most celebrated event in MLS since the arrival of Beckham. All fans of this team should not only accept this, but enthusiastically embrace it.

TL;DR: I'm a Man City fan here to tell you Yanks how to behave and really understand the game.

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

TL;DR: I'm a Man City fan here to tell you Yanks how to behave and really understand the game.

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Not quite. I am in fact a native New Yorker and Chelsea fan; though I have a great deal of respect for Man City's ownership, and I am thrilled to have them as owners of my hometown team.

And I am here to tell other NYCFC fans only that we're lucky to have Lampard, and that we shouldn't use a minor misstep on the part of ownership as a reason not to embrace him.

Reactions: kas_tippler
Honest to God, don't we have mods anymore? What the fucking fuck is fucking going on here?

You guys are going to let these (originally used cunts, but that's OUR word now, so my apologies) fight this battle again?

Last edited:
Here's the difference in tone and why people won't see eye to eye. People who are past Lampard and don't want him here and/or say they will boo him consistently say "I/we will boo him. I/we don't want him."

Those at odds with that sentiment start their arguments with "YOU".

See the difference? I don't have time to brief this shit out, IRAC style. Maybe our counselor, @mgarbowski can do it. I gave it up a long time ago.